shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Beloved.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, Mrs b, I love your story. This pic of your guy with the sign just sends me. My own hubby reminds me of your-his tenderheartedness. What a priceless gift it is to find a spouse like that.
Your rings are perfection. I think the size is just spot on. I love everything about them. Truly they are rings of a lifetime.

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
Love love love your love story and your rings. So absolutely special and beyond beautiful - the perfect tribute to your love for each other! Your sweet sweet husband with the sign literally made me cry it was so darn cute. Seriously your thread is better than any romcom I’ve seen in years!!! Enjoy Beloved, and hubby and may you do so in good health:kiss2:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Your hubby sounds like he is the real jewel here. Your love story is truly special and something to be treasured for all time. With that said, your new ring set is a remarkable piece—truly exceptional and beautiful. It’s a set to wear in pride and reflect the love you both share.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for those lovely comments, @luv2sparkle. The man in question is a true gem and has made my life what it is today. I will be forever grateful. <3 And I am so pleased, satisfied, and content with the jewels; they're everything I ever wanted. ::)

Thank you so much, @miimac7! That sign...oh!...that sign! We all have memories that stay with us forever - that are defining moments. This was one of those for me. It's the people who are there during the bad times that we remember and who truly enhance our lives. But this guy underpins my life. It's marriage as I always saw it to be. <3

Thank you, @Farleysmom! :wavey: I'm thrilled with my new rings and my old marriage. The combination is....fabulous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A photo from earlier this year after doing yoga together during lockdown - and my favorite photo of my Beloved rings.

Timmy and Koo_2.jpeg

20210724_100816.jpg

Last edited:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
There are no words its absolutely stunning and such a beautiful representation of your love. Enjoy them and your wonderful DH.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my word... life has been busy and I have only been on PS sporadically over the last few weeks, but how the heck did I miss this?! Your love story is so heartwarming (swoon!) and your new rings are beautiful beyond words... every design element in your solitaire is perfection, and your bands are such stunning complements to this holy grail ring (and of course I love that five stone!). This is just gorgeousness to the extreme! :love: I know how much time, effort, thought, care, and planning this beautiful set represents, and you truly have achieved greatness in every aspect! I hope this set ~ and especially your incredible new solitaire! ~ brings you every happiness your heart can hold, as you deserve nothing less!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Missie1 - I'm completely chuffed!

Hallo, @carbonfan! :wavey: it's nice to see you and I hope all is well with you! And yes - how did you miss this?! :mrgreen: Seriously, tho, I'm loving these rings and think they're everything I ever wanted. It's been a VERY long road to get to this point, but worth every twist and turn, and the journey itself is a bunch of fun with many (many!) wonderful rings along the way! I'd like to think I'm done now, tho, and that my 'e-ring' - or destination ring, if you like - is now in its final form. I feel very lucky and completely content with the choices I ultimately made, and I'm very grateful to the man who made it possible. <3

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be still my heart.… :kiss2: I am just now seeing this thread and haven‘t made it through all SEVEN pages yet (which goes to show what a bad PS’er I am!), but had to comment. @mrs-b you have created yet another masterpiece! What a beautiful testament to you and your wonderful husband. Congratulations!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness @mrs-b! Look what I missed by staying off SMTB for a while!!! This is sooooo gorgeous! I am so happy for you that you have your forever stone and setting! What an awesome hubby too!!

It's just beautiful!!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
mrs-b, the only thing more lovely than your rings is that photo of you and your husband. Loving a wonderful person and being loved in turn is the difference between existence and Life. Beautiful, beautiful tribute.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing here... Thank you, @stonewell! But I think you're a very GOOD PS'er - I mean - I've seen your new 3 stone!! :lickout:

Thanks so much, @Gussie! :wavey: It really is my forever stone. I'm very happy with the color and the proportions and, of course, the cut! Frankly, I'm glad to be at the end of it, and will enjoy this diamond for - hopefully! - many happy years to come!

Thank you, @Ibrakeforpossums ::) I love that photo, too! One of the best photos ever taken of us, and it shows so much about us, I think.

CoolKat

Rough_Rock
Oh I remembered this, @mrs-b - and how it warmed my heart. Didn't he also waited outside your window in a rain or sth? Your love story is as beautiful as your lovelies rings :kiss2:

I am still in love with your pearl earrings, btw

Big hugs & sending you plenty of positive vibes for your incoming surgery.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Your stories always give me a lump in my throat. What I love about you is that in spite of all your jewelry riches you know exactly what is important in life! Thanks for reminding us. Amazing, incredible rings btw!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @lulu_ma! The details are *everything* on these rings. <3

Bit of a problem here, @Polished1911. The more I think about it, the ore *I* want a plain band with fleur de lys details!! :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, @Lookinagain. :)) I'm doing my best on the health thing, but it's a bit of a struggle. Squaring up for back surgery - probably in September. Not looking forward to that one! And they won't even let you wear your rings into the OR!! :-o (Yes, I know it makes sense - but if ever a girl needed a pick-me-up...!!). :wavey:

I'm late but this made me laugh. I used to BEG my fertility doctor to let me wear my rings into the OR for my retrievals (worked 2/4 times).

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD. So much charm, character, personal meaning, and beauty! LOVE!!! So happy for you, Mrs B!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A photo from earlier this year after doing yoga together during lockdown - and my favorite photo of my Beloved rings.

Timmy and Koo_2.jpeg

20210724_100816.jpg

What a wonderful thread to browse through
That picture is as gorgouse as your ring
and well - no arguments from anybody's how spectacular your wedding set is

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @CoolKat! Yes - he did - and there's a photo of that in this thread back up a little. And thank you also for the warm wishes. :wavey:

@mwilliamanderson - thank you. After my mother died, my father, then only 46 years old, married again. He lived only 5 more years before dropping dead on a squash court. In a blinding flash of absolute clarity, I knew then - and have known it every day since - that I would give every penny I owned in exchange for a long and happy marriage. At that point, I had been married only 3 and a half years. I've now been married 37 years. Turns out I was right. :) And I'm glad you like the rings, too. ::)

@wildcat03 - some years ago, I just started refusing to remove my wedding ring. I understand not wanting to risk any of the larger diamond pieces I own in an operative setting. But - a plain gold band? As I understand it, the primary issue they always tell you is something going wrong during the procedure, your finger swelling up, and them having to try to cut your ring off, mid emergency. As I said once to one of my drs, "My finger is a size 6.75. My ring is a size 8 - ergo - HUGE on my finger. Since you're operating on my uterus, if my finger for some reason swells up so badly that you can't get this oversized ring off my hand, you've got bigger problems than my jewelry!" These days, I just tape it down and leave it on. And from what I've heard - although they never say this, their main concern isn't actually finger swelling - it's theft or loss of jewelry, and potential culpability. So taping it down does the trick.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww - thank you so much, @KristyDarling! They're wonderful rings and I'm planning on a proper photo shoot next week. It will be a pleasure to spend some time with these beauties, trying to capture their endless 'good angles'! :wavey:

@Daisys and Diamonds - thank you, N! Yes, that photo of DH and me is one of my favorites. Sometimes the most random moments produce the best photos, and I absolutely love this one of us, taken very candidly, just lying on the floor. I have it in my living room at home, too, and look at it every day and think how lucky I am. The rings are just a bonus. (...a very nice bonus, tho!!) :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received my rings back from DKJ this morning. I had the milgrain removed and the corners softened; sharp edges and corners just weren't in the spirit of these rings, and, as I've always said, my taste is organic, organic, ORGANIC. I like a ring that looks as tho it flows with your finger - and fingers are round, not angular. So, there you go.

I'm still working on the plain band - which has proven to be the most difficult of the three (go figure!), but in the meantime, here's what I've got.

The 7 stone was also remade more tightly with less gap between the diamonds. Up till this point, I would have said that my cluster was the only perfect ring I owned. This pair rivals that, and this 7 stone is like a master class in band-making. I also went from a 5 stone to a 7 stone and I absolutely love it! It's final ctw is 1.85ctw. 20210821_101831.jpg

Here it is alone, and then with my Holly ring. I decided a while back that I wouldn't be wearing it with my solitaire; I want this as a more casual iteration of my Beloved set, and, since I'm currently wearing it while cleaning, I think I can safely say it fits the bill!

20210821_103108.jpg

20210821_103051.jpg

20210821_101024.jpg

20210821_101922.jpg

20210821_101831.jpg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here's Beloved - looking her stunning best - pictured with a plain band I own. As I said - I'm still going back and forth on the band

20210821_101641.jpg

I've included this one because it shows the arrows on the gorgeous ACA. This photo was taken with my hand dangling out over my lawn, ergo the diamond looks somewhat greenish. Ignore that; this diamond is WHITE.

20210821_101713.jpg

See? White. As in - WHITE.

20210821_101737.jpg

20210821_110718.jpg

20210821_110532.jpg

Attachments

• 20210821_110558.jpg
    20210821_110558.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn’t think she could get better but damn!!!! So sexy and fluid … I just can’t!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beloved - solo.

Looking for her best angle...awww heck...they're ALL her best angle!

20210821_113522.jpg

20210821_111047.jpg

20210821_113511.jpg

Last edited:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, hello gorgeous....

20210821_113304.jpg

Victoria has just been plunged into another hard lockdown. Feeling a bit glum...and this is just the pick me up I needed today :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww - thank you, @Dandi! Australia is really doing it tough, these days. You'll probably find the same thing the US did (actually, Israel is a better example of this), which is that, even after everyone is vaccinated, the virus will continue to spread. And then the pollies will need to work out a different strategy. We missed the boat of vaccinations stopping covid - we were too slow and too few and it gave that canny little bug an opportunity to mutate...and then we were screwed. But people will stop dying - and that's a damn fine thing.

And in the meantime - jewelry! I'm glad you like Beloved. She's a stunning thing and brings me a lot of joy. I'm very glad she put a little joy in your heart, too. ox :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn’t think she could get better but damn!!!! So sexy and fluid … I just can’t!

@nala - I agree! The softer, rounded edges just do it for me! It's a similar band to what I had on my three stone, and I loved it then and continue to love it now! Working still on a band to go with her, but I'm caught in the land of Back-and-Forth - so we'll see where I end up!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, love the rounded edges! And the 7 stone turned out beautifully, it's perfect. Gorgeous pieces, they must be bringing you so much joy!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, love the rounded edges! And the 7 stone turned out beautifully, it's perfect. Gorgeous pieces, they must be bringing you so much joy!

They really are, @junebug17! I'm wearing the soli at the moment and it puts a smile on my face every time I look at it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results