shape
carat
color
clarity

My beautiful new Whiteflash ACA pendant!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our daughter got married at the end of August and my birthday was a week later. Naturally, I wasn't really thinking about my birthday as busy as I had been! My husband was adamant that I needed to choose something for my gift, and I just went with a classic staple piece that has been on the wish list for quite awhile! I wanted a diamond pendant to match my WF ACA studs which are about 1.3 cts each and H color, so I looked and found a 1.44 H VVS2 ACA, which ironically was priced less than a similar H VS! I usually won't pay for VVS, but I certainly love it when it works out that way! The diamond is perfect in every way (specs below), and my only qualm is that it's not really much visibly larger than my studs at 7.0 and 7.2mm. There were no 1.5-1.69 H VS ACAs, so choosing a larger stone wasn't an option at the time. In my real world, this pendant is plenty big, so it's only in my PS world that it seems small! I am sure DF is going to scold me on veering from the formula, though! :lol: I copied my friend @m-2-b on the classic 4 prong solitaire setting in platinum and the prongs are nice and invisible! I wish I could immulate her photography skills, but the iPhone pics are the best I can do!

Thanks to Becca, Liza, and Vera and all the great people at Whiteflash for helping me once again!

Here's the photo of the diamond from the WF site (table 55.2, depth 62.0, crown angle 34.9, pav angle 40.7, lgf 76):

1.44 H VVS2 WFACApendant1.jpg

Here it is with a my WF studs and DBTY bracelet (the necklace not shown), second pic has my ring added. These H stones face up very white!

1.44 HVVS2 WFACApendant3.jpg

1.44 HVVS2 WFACApendant4.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course it looks gorgeous on you, DS! :love: You have a perfect family of WF H/VS ACA's now! :clap:

I like simplicity in pendant styles so I vote to keep it as is! You have other more ornate diamond pendants to wear if you want to change things up for other occasions.

It matches your earrings so well as a set, too! I love this look for daily wear! :love::love::love:

Oh, and Happy Birthday to you, too!!! :dance:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pendant is simply gorgeous. What a beautiful suite of fabulous staple pieces! I love your classic taste and exquisite diamonds! Enjoy! And congratulations on your daughter’s wedding!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite setting for a diamond pendant. So lovely and bright. It looks really BIG.

You definitely deserve a gorgeous new diamond. You got through the wedding! I am so happy for you. An ACA is always a good idea. ;)2

Q

Queenie60

@diamondseeker2006 - beautiful and classic. I love your taste and you should leave it as is. AVC diamonds don't need too much hoopla! Congratulations and wishing you a very happy belated birthday. Sincerely, Q

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - this is beautiful! I love the way it is set and how it looks like it is positively glowing. What a wonderful birthday gift!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I love settings where the diamond is the star, so I love your new pendant. It’s a great size, but with Whiteflash’s great upgrade policy, you of course always have that option. Enjoy!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a photo showing the pendant AND the studs on you? Pretty please! I need a perspective shot! :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pendant is simply gorgeous. What a beautiful suite of fabulous staple pieces! I love your classic taste and exquisite diamonds! Enjoy! And congratulations on your daughter’s wedding!

Oh, thank you so much! I am old enough to have seen trends come and go, so I pretty much stick to classics!

@diamondseeker2006 - beautiful and classic. I love your taste and you should leave it as is. AVC diamonds don't need too much hoopla! Congratulations and wishing you a very happy belated birthday. Sincerely, Q

Thanks, Queenie! You know I love your collection, too! We tend to like similar things!

Wow - this is beautiful! I love the way it is set and how it looks like it is positively glowing. What a wonderful birthday gift!

Thank you! It is truly one of my best birthday gifts for sure!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love settings where the diamond is the star, so I love your new pendant. It’s a great size, but with Whiteflash’s great upgrade policy, you of course always have that option. Enjoy!

Thanks so much!!! Very true, I don't know what I'd do without that upgrade policy! It does take a lot of the decision stress away!

How about a photo showing the pendant AND the studs on you? Pretty please! I need a perspective shot! :kiss2:

Oh my! lol! I'll see what I can do about that!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite setting for a diamond pendant. So lovely and bright. It looks really BIG.

You definitely deserve a gorgeous new diamond. You got through the wedding! I am so happy for you. An ACA is always a good idea. ;)2

This one didn't make it into the right post! I agree that a simple solitaire is so wearable casual or dressy! I'll have to agree with you that a wedding is worthy of some kind of prize for the MOB! lol!

Reactions: AV_

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! As is!

Thank you!!! I agree that ALL sizes of ACAs are great, and in fact, I have collected some small ones for my girls! But when I see gorgeous ACAs like YOURS, it definitely makes me thing about the upgrade! :)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's my one flower picture :lol: and one wearing it. Do y'all think I should upgrade it, halo it, or leave it as it is???

DS, Happy Birthday to you, and congrats on your new necklace! What a beautiful diamond! Great photos too!!:love:

I love the simplicity of the setting it's in. It looks clean & lets the diamond be the center of attention. If it were me, I'd love it in the setting its in.

We also have the same size ACA earrings. I have a 1.36 OEC diamond pendant I bought from Dreamer long ago, & I think your 1.44 size works just fine with the earring size we have--don't fret about it--its gorgeous in every way!!:love::appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, Happy Birthday to you, and congrats on your new necklace! What a beautiful diamond! Great photos too!!:love:

I love the simplicity of the setting it's in. It looks clean & lets the diamond be the center of attention. If it were me, I'd love it in the setting its in.

We also have the same size ACA earrings. I have a 1.36 OEC diamond pendant I bought from Dreamer long ago, & I think your 1.44 size works just fine with the earring size we have--don't fret about it--its gorgeous in every way!!:love::appl:

Thanks, Sarah! I do remember your ACAs inspiring me to that size!:love: I am so glad you like your pendant being close in size to your studs! Makes me feel better about it!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Beautiful and stunning classical piece to add to your collection!! Happy bday!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the specs on this diamond and I love the setting, so don't change that at all!

I can see why you think about going bigger. I think closer to 2ct would be nice. But I really think that a 2ct is not going to look appreciably bigger in comparison to your body lol. I mean, you could compare with a friend's pendant or a "fashion" pendant. But I think this diamond looks beautiful on your neck and I don't see any reason to change it... unless you just want to!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! I think it's stunningly perfect! I feel like the size looks quite large, but at the same time elegant on your neck. And I love the versatility of the setting. Congrats to your daughter and happy birthday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous. Congratulations. Your entire set is beautiful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! Beautiful and stunning classical piece to add to your collection!! Happy bday!!!!

Thanks so much, Greg!

I love the specs on this diamond and I love the setting, so don't change that at all!

I can see why you think about going bigger. I think closer to 2ct would be nice. But I really think that a 2ct is not going to look appreciably bigger in comparison to your body lol. I mean, you could compare with a friend's pendant or a "fashion" pendant. But I think this diamond looks beautiful on your neck and I don't see any reason to change it... unless you just want to!

I love the specs on this one, too, Dreamer! Thank you! I'm not sure what I would have done if there had been a 7.6mm stone available as the price might have ruled it out. But I think at that size I would have been able to see the difference more. I am glad you like the setting! I really want to keep it this way since 98% of the time, I am super casually dressed!

WOW! I think it's stunningly perfect! I feel like the size looks quite large, but at the same time elegant on your neck. And I love the versatility of the setting. Congrats to your daughter and happy birthday!

Thanks so much! The wedding was wonderful and now a happy memory! I am not so fond of birthdays because I don't feel as old as my age!!! :lol: But this one was pretty good!

It’s gorgeous. Congratulations. Your entire set is beautiful.

Thanks, Marcy! I feel pretty happy with my basic set now!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The little box looks like a MRB - OEC boxing ring!

I wouldn't vote halo, but perhaps a pear drop in the future? It could be detachable for good measure, or coloured, or haloed, or else.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I think it is a great size. Not so big as to be unwearable, but big enough to stand out. I’m sure it looks great layered with other necklaces too. You’ve got such a great collection.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful @diamondseeker2006 :cool2: Happy birthday!! :mrgreen2:

The diamond is of course picture perfect!! And I like the size on you - noticeable but not overwhelming; your AVR is still clearly the biggest stone. Diamonds look so different on fingers vs. ears vs. torso - I think size comparisons are really only possible when unworn! And the length is lovely, right under the shoulder blades :kiss2:

No halo! It’s so wearable right now, in casual and dressy contexts! You know how pave elevates a piece, especially when your other staples are simple and sans pave :geek2: and as @m-2-b said you’ve got other more ornate pendants for special occasions :cool2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, simply stunning @diamondseeker2006 :love: Happy birthday and congrats on your DD's wedding! You have the most gorgeous collection.:appl: It is perfection in every way.

perfectiongif.gif

And your new ACA is ACAmazing. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results