shape
carat
color
clarity

My beautiful cluster CBI pendant! Thank you HPD!

L

lydial

@lydial I had been searching for the perfect halo pendant setting when I saw your post! Your necklace was just SO gorgeous and perfect I hope you don't mind that I had HPD make me one of my own for my wedding day necklace! I own (and have worn almost everyday) a .83 plain ideal cut F SI solitaire diamond necklace. I decided to have that stone put in the same halo setting style as yours. I'm so excited the necklace will go so nicely on the Big Day with the halo diamond dangle earrings I already own. Thx for the inspiration!

Can’t wait to see it! Congratulations and best wishes. This pendant looks perfect with a ball gown or jeans. It has become a staple and you will thoroughly enjoy it on your (much likely more youthful) neck:) I can’t believe I am upgrading my ring. No fear but some anxiety over the process. So, anyway, you will look perfect I am sure. Best best wedding wishes, my hubs and I are 21 years together and almost 15 married. True joy. XO much love and luck to you and your fiancé.

L

lydial

I am reawakening this thread to share my unexpected CBI upgrade:)

Back story: I am in the process of re-creating (v4.0 and hopefully final...) my e-ring. I will post more about that later when I get it (3 weeks!) but in short I was hoping to increase my 3 stone center size to 3 ct before re-setting... Resetting because I found myself constantly banging the girdle of my 2.66 ct in the 4 prong setting (big diamond problems I guess?) and had decided to re-set in a 6 prong. I figured I would increase color from K to J while I was at it which is more “safe” since my K was a bit of a “high” K and there was that inkling of a possibility another K could look too tinted. HPD had a CBI diamond in the pipeline that was the right size but was an “I” color; it was at the top of my budget but I put it on hold and mentally prepared for the expense.

But: it came back a very high J, and I bought it anyway and I saved myself a couple of thousand dollars and have the new 3 ct being set in the 6 prong 3 stone as we speak! There is a video of the new 3 ct J on the CVB insta a few weeks back for anyone who would like to see it... I decided to try CVB and the process is going smoothly, will post when I get it....

So, ok, I honestly had zero reason to upgrade this pendant because it was impeccable as it was. But I had some found money due to the color situation with the 3 ct. The J color of my pendant center stone was completely beautiful and I had no complaints about it. It barely leaves my neck!
@Wink et al at HPD had an E color diamond listed in the same size as my J center stone, at a price that was fair and that I could afford so... I decided to go for it. Frankly a J to E color upgrade was just too much to pass up for the price of this diamond - even for this color-tolerant lady - and even as an experiment to see what I feel about such a thing. So, my pendant is back, stunning, with a whiter diamond. Do I like it better? Hard to say because I already loved it, but it is blindingly white and is a little 0.8 ct disco ball! So I wanted to share, enjoy:)

77472565-F5E1-4941-82F7-E3CBDC36C768.jpeg B794CD39-0E2B-459E-A7C0-D07713818762.jpeg F3370909-3D03-4C35-9F19-6B221537A004.jpeg BEF32CB4-282A-4404-AD22-523682592ACB.jpeg 2C0E448B-45F8-4266-A079-7E79C72D1FA3.jpeg 50120E6B-5A47-4F72-8344-E6FD124EE049.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats on TWO upgrades!!! CBIs are awesome and I know you will love your new ones!!! Wear in good health. :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! And when your husband says he wants you to have something special under the tree - the man ain't kidding!!

And as for the upgrade - well - what is there to say, except - lucky you! :wavey:

Just gorgeous, @lydial.

L

lydial

Just gorgeous! And when your husband says he wants you to have something special under the tree - the man ain't kidding!!

And as for the upgrade - well - what is there to say, except - lucky you! :wavey:

Just gorgeous, @lydial.

Thank you!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! Enjoy!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
How wonderful you got to upgrade not one but two diamonds!!! 3ct is my ideal e-ring diamond size (mine is. 2.23 CBI) so I cannot wait to see your pics when you get it back. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results