shape
carat
color
clarity

My Barry/Sally Lotus is in da house!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 5:56:48 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Wow! I''m so flattered at how many of you stopped by and commented. THANK YOU SDLady, D&T, Lauren, Packrat, MTG, CCN, Cellentani, Ahappygirl, Chrono, Skippy, TL, Linda, CBL, Chiquitapet, Gypsy, Choyoyo, Ma re, Loriken and Lovinggems!!!

MTG, I can''t wait to see your lotus set! Remind me again which stone you want to use?

Cellentani, I will let you know what Sally says about the new setting. She''s calling it Elixir and it''s for square stones (and yep, the tourmaline is a cushion). She''s still refining the design, so I haven''t seen pictures, but I''m very hopeful. She said she''ll be done and have pictures for me soon!

Choyoyo, you know, I''m a bad PSer because I actually am not sure. Although it was redipped (because of setting it) and my jewelers didn''t say anything...and they''re pretty knowledgeable about colored stones. But hopefully someone else who knows more will add more!

Lovinggems, I looked at my ring, and then at this one and this one and I didn''t see a gap between the culet and the setting. I think the bottom of the setting head is thick enough, if that makes sense, that you don''t see a gap at all. I think you''ll be fine - hope that helps!
1.gif
Thanks B.E.G!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I love that setting and that stone certainly has some coverage, doesn''t it?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, that is a lovely ring. BEG...how long did it take for Sally to make this ring and to send it back to you? It''s so pretty.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
BEG - I LOVE this combo! I have been thinking about this setting for my BB Tourmaline, only in YG. I''m so glad you posted this as I wondered about this setting for a ~9mm gem. Looks absolutely fab! That''s cool about the rhodium plated YG too; exactly what I would do to make it white due to an ongoing nickel issue.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely LOVE this! It looks so good with this stone in it, like it was meant for this stone alone. Soooo pretty!

I really need a Sally ring lol.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!!!!!! I love the setting!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that''s really quite pretty. I really like both the stone and the setting! Way to go!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I adore your new ring! It really makes me want something similar.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the best ideas ever.
3.gif

I love it BEG. It''s gorgeous.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
BEG--it''s really lovely! You have such pretty hands too!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just set my pad/lotus sapphire in my lotus setting, and I love it! I''ll post pics when I get home, i''m on a little post-exam shopping spree right now..hehe.

The pad glitters like crazy though under this multi point retail lighting, too bad I don''t have a camera!

Asu

Shiny_Rock
Ooohh,that''s beautiful!I love that green,so soft and sweet!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That is one of the nicest settings I have ever seen. And, of course, a fantastic stone. I love the colour. Smashing
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wowza that looks beautiful!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Another beautiful lotus! I am so falling for that setting. Gorgeous, BEG!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stopping by for another oogle! The PS''ers are really keeping Sally hopping!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Babysteps, Mercoledi, Mochi, Cinnamon, Loveinbloom, MP, Princessplease, Stone Hunter, IK, Freke, Coati, Asu, Porridge, Geckodani, Icekid, and Packrat!!!

Mercoledi, definitely a lot of coverage
2.gif

Mochi, it took about 2-3 weeks. The Thai Water Festival fell right in the middle of the expected time to completion, so that added a few more days. I think Sally''s usual estimate is about 12 days to create, and then shipping.

LoveinBloom, you definitely should set your tourmaline in the Lotus! I love how Barry''s stone looks in it - I bet yours will be just gorgeous!

MP you definitely need a Sally ring.
2.gif

MTG, I just saw your pics - your pad looks AMAZING in the lotus setting. So delicate - like a real flower - it''s gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results