Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous hands and ring, congrats!

chers--Sharon

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummo! :love: I love it - very classic. Let us know the stats (then I can plot my own asscher on my size 4 finger... :naughty: )

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful and it looks great on you!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and classic. What direction are you going with in regards to your wedding band?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Lovely....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Lori

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely Asscher! It looks perfect on you--so classic and elegant.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elegant and stunning!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your ring is simply stunning. :love: Any band ideas yet?

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
emilyalyse,

Congrats on your engagement! Your asscher is so gorgeous. It is such a classic cut and it does look ginormous on your tiny finger! :appl:

b2cjewels

Rough_Rock
Trade
With the looks of it the diamond appears to be over a carat close to one quarter carat if I presume it right. No doubt its a dynamic looking stone and does great deal to your finger with the petite yellow gold setting . All in all its a wonderful pick . CONGRATS!!!!!

emilyalyse

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all of the kind comments! I'm sorry it took me so long to reply (we moved 1,200 miles about a week after our wedding in September, and I've been busy getting settled)!

I only briefly stole a peek at the appraisal before my husband stocked it away :Up_to_something: lol but from what I remember, it is a 1.11 carat, E colour, and VVSI-2 stone. I wish I had a photographic memory... there was so much more information on that paper than just those numbers I can remember. Apparently, he found the stone in a horribly ugly necklace at an estate jeweler, had it cleaned up and re-set. I love, love, LOVE it! From what I've learned, Asschers tend to size up smaller visually (correct me if I'm wrong!), but I really do like the "look" of this size on my hand (as I'm a size 4).

I ended up pairing it with a simple 2mm yellow gold band (I'll try to get a quick snap of it later today to share... my simple little set, but I love the way it looks). However, I'm thinking of getting an eternity of some sort to "bling it up" a bit when I want to, but I'm at a loss as to how would be best to accomplish that. I do like non-matchy sets (as it is, the two don't match... e-ring setting is a knife-edge, and my band is a simple 2mm comfort-fit)... but I don't quite know whether a round eternity would "fit" next to an asscher, or if I should go with something that either includes asschers or another longer-fasceted cut??? :confused:

I'm really quite glad that he decided on yellow gold when it was set. For the longest time, I was a fan of white gold... but more recently, I've come to love the classic look of yellow. And, to my eyes anyway, it seems to make the white-ness of the stone pop that much more.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so very pretty! love it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! And I'm so jealous you have a size 4 finger!!!! I'm a size 6 and i feel like that is huge!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your asscher looks gorgeous - no dark spots, but good contrast. It looks HUGE on your finger! :appl:

Here are some eternity bands that are shared prong, asschers: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/search.cfm?item_category=FEB&style_number_id=14

Here are some with channel-set asschers: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/search.cfm?item_category=FEB&style_number_id=28

Here is my personal fave - channel-set rounds and horizontal baguettes: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/search.cfm?item_category=FEB&style_number_id=57 $1398 in 18K YG in a Size 4.

Here are channel-set horizontal baguettes only: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/search.cfm?item_category=FEB&style_number_id=10

I like the rounds and baguettes because the baguettes have the step-cut similarity to the asscher and the rounds tend to be a little blingier. Just a few rounds may not detract from that gorgeous asscher. If you feel they might, maybe the baguette only band.

Just my 2 cents! :wavey:

sunnyam

Rough_Rock
Beautiful Asscher! Congratulations!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That asscher is stunning, and the ring itself very elegant. :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you both. Your ring looks lovely on your hand.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
May I add one more gorgeous? Love the diamond and the ring is perfection on your small beautiful hands. I love an Asscher cut and I think you really got a good one.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I add one more gorgeous? Love the diamond and the ring is perfection on your small beautiful hands. I love an Asscher cut and I think you really got a good one.

I'm not sure the OP is around to see this thread bump... lol

emilyalyse
Rough_Rock
Joined Apr 29, 2010
Last seen Jul 5, 2011

:lol:

It does look good, though! :))

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, OoohShiney. Clearly I get excited and don't pay attention.
Do you happen to know what a drop pattern Asscher is? Karl K. uses the phrase.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, OoohShiney. Clearly I get excited and don't pay attention.
Do you happen to know what a drop pattern Asscher is? Karl K. uses the phrase.
We're all guilty of it sometimes, don't worry :mrgreen: lol

I'm not sure about that term 'drop pattern asscher' - I shall page @Karl_K in order that we can record it here for future reference! :))

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We're all guilty of it sometimes, don't worry :mrgreen: lol

I'm not sure about that term 'drop pattern asscher' - I shall page @Karl_K in order that we can record it here for future reference! :))

It is closest to the 3rd one.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
The post above is what prompted my question. What does "drop" refer to? How do I recognize it?
If only this were as easy as spotting bad plastic surgery on celebrities.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results