shape
carat
color
clarity

My antique cushion engagement ring!

vav2006

Rough_Rock
First of all, I have to thank everyone on PS for providing such great information and inspiration. I learned so much through browsing these forums and my research paid off!

When I started looking at rings, I walked into what felt like 100 B&M stores and felt like I kept seeing the same thing over and over again and nothing was hitting home. I finally saw the DeBeers Adonis Rose band in a window and fell in love - I knew that was THE wedding band. They make a matching engagement ring, but it wasn't my style. I posted in PS asking for ideas for a ring that might go well with that band and was introduced to Haven's gorgeous OMC ring! I knew that was it when I saw it. Shortly after, when browsing antique stones, I also came upon the Gabbie by Jewels by Erica Grace and was inspired by the basket of that setting as well.

My FI and I ordered two stones to compare - a GOG AVC and an antique cushion from Jewels by Erica Grace (both vendors were great to work with). While the AVC was beautiful, there was no competition when we saw them side by side. The antique cushion was a winner! I'm still amazed by how much fire it has, and I get questions about it all the time since it's such a unique shape - almost square, but not at all princess-like! We then worked with a local jeweler to design a custom setting, inspired heavily by the rings noted above. We considered and even got CAD renderings for a style with pave diamonds down the sides, but I'm so glad we ultimately decided against it. The solitaire setting with rose gold really makes the center stone stand out! I love that the ring has a classic style but still incorporates the organic leaf motif that I love.

Haven - I wish I could PM you and send you a big thank you for designing such an incredible ring, but hopefully you will see this post and know how grateful I am! I couldn't be more in love with my ring and I've still never seen anything else that comes close.

Specs: 1.55 CT antique cushion - EGL J SI1 (eye clean; appraised as an "L")

(I apologize for the low quality pictures)

fa4497d5-a131-4874-8e81-1657c37b278f.jpg
The original "dream band"
option%201.jpg
The CAD rendering

Actual ring!:
photo1_3.jpg photo2_3.jpg photo3_1.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
OMG!Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
More pictures please!!!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! We definitely need more photos please!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
So Beautiful!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is stunning! :love: Please share more photos!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just stunning! I love every aspect of your new ring- stone and setting. Congratulations to you!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well done VAV! :appl:
Gorgeous inspirational choice and the end result is amazing! Beautiful on your hand Please post more pics so we can enjoy :love: :bigsmile:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! :love: :love:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I love the basket design! How neat you have a one of a kind piece. So you used the band as inspiration too or will you be wearing it with the new ring? I would love to see hand pics of both! Truly a GORGEOUS ring...

jacy

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful and unique! You did well! I agree, I would love to see photos of the two rings together.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, gorgeous!!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
very beautiful!!! :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
OMG-Just gorgeous! Would love to see pics with the band. Rose gold is just so perfect with these old cut stones! Congratulations on finding the perfect stone and great job on the setting! :love: :love: :love:

I am planning my upgrade with an antique cushion and was going to get an AVC. It really seems difficult to pick out a true antique stone...needle in a haystack syndrome,etc. I have to say your stone is amazing! Hmmmm maybe I will go down that road, we shall see.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, really beautiful...any chance of seeing it with that gorgeous band?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's b-e-a-utiful!!! I love the rose gold!!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It really is perfect! :love: I can't wait to see pics with the wedding ring! I'd love to see more photos too please! Congratulations!! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. That's gorgeous! I cannot wait to see it with the band!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning stone and ring. Can't wait to see pics of it with the band.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT!

I always go straight to the pictures and read the story later in SMTB threads ( :oops: ) so when I saw your ring I thought, "We could be ring cousins!" Your wedding band is GORGEOUS, and that stone! Love it all. I would love to see more pictures of you happen to take any.

I love the leaf motif, and I think you came up with one amazing design. After wearing my ring for a while I realized that my favorite things about the setting are the shape of the basket, the way it swoops out from the band so gracefully; and the tiny little milgraining on the bars beneath the girdle. I love the way your ring has both of those elements.

I am totally digging your stone. I want to see like a thousand more pictures of its facets!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I Absolutely love Haven's ring too and this is a great homage.

hoover

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love: what gorgeous rings! I love the basket - it looks like a lotus flower (or twinned leaves) to me, so delicate and elegant looking.

I would love to see more pictures

Congratulations! :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, congratulations!!!

Phoenixdarling

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Love the basket! Question for you--did placing the stone in a rose gold basket change the color? I have a very similar stone (1.46 EGL I/J OEC) and I was also inspired by Haven's gorgeous ring :cheeky: I know for sure I want the rose gold shank, but I am torn about what to do with the basket and prongs--anything you could tell me about what you observed in the color before and after setting would be fabulous.

Thanks and congrats again on a LOVELY ring :appl:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I ADORE this setting, and the stone looks gorgeous. Congrats!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phoenixdarling|1338690941|3208130 said:
Beautiful! Love the basket! Question for you--did placing the stone in a rose gold basket change the color? I have a very similar stone (1.46 EGL I/J OEC) and I was also inspired by Haven's gorgeous ring :cheeky: I know for sure I want the rose gold shank, but I am torn about what to do with the basket and prongs--anything you could tell me about what you observed in the color before and after setting would be fabulous.

Thanks and congrats again on a LOVELY ring :appl:
I'm not the OP, but I went for a platinum basket because I liked the idea of a subtle two-tone look, and I *think* platinum makes for stronger prongs. And since my ring is so delicate, the stronger the better! Your stone sounds :love: !

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
That is one amazing ring...can't wait to see that unique band next to it. Good taste!

Phoenixdarling

Rough_Rock
Thanks for chiming in, Haven! I saw a ring on DBL recently, a J asscher cut, that David put entirely in rose gold--the thing practically looks like a light pink stone! And considering how OECs have some degree of light leakage, I was wondering if the same thing would happen with my OEC in all rose gold (which I would LOVE :love: )

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I looooooove this! Your design is wonderfully elegant (great basket), and the proportions on your stone are TDF. I adore a squared cushion. Do, please, post more pics!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, really pretty! :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results