shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amazing Holy Grail - 9.9mm OEC!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
This is the most amazing european cut I have ever owned, and I'm so happy!! Specs are: L, VS, 9.9mm x 6.26mm. There is one tiny inclusion I can barely make out under a loupe, and it's on the bottom half of the diamond, near the edge. Tiny table, tall crown, almost perfect girdle!

I'm so freaking excited I can hardly type, so I'm going to get straight to the pics! The solitaire pictured is my 8mm oec. It doesn't look that great in these pics... probably because it felt self conscious! :bigsmile:

hfg_25.jpg

hfg_5.jpg

hfg_32.jpg

hfg_28.jpg

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
OH MY LORD!!!!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Geebus. That thing is in Technicolor! :o

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh!!!My!!!Goodness!!!Gracious!!!
I just licked my iPhone! -Your OEC is so yummmmmmmmmy!!!!!
If your 8mm feels self conscious, I can grant it sanctuary from the massive, giant 9.9mm OEC!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
It's just incredible!!!! WOW :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats FK!!...they are beautiful stones... :love: :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well you already know how i feel about this amazing monster, it's STUNNING!! seriously one of the prettiest faceting patterns i have ever seen in a large stone and holy crap, what a needle in a haystack!!! it's SO RARE to find something like this in such a large size, with such a clean girdle and such an amazing pattern! it's mindblowing really.

seriously it really is the holy grail, and I'm so happy that it found a home with you! there's really no other PS'er more deserving given you've been at this the longest of all the OEC-mavens and taught most what they know, including me! kudos and so happy that you've found your forever OEC (and umm dibs if you sell it, just sayin!!!!) because seriously it doesn't get much bigger than this on a finger like yours!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

now show us that crown! hehee.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
INSANE. And qualifies as the best deal on PS EVER. Wear it in good health!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, baby! Gosh, I'm gonna have to borrow Deco's Smokin Santa avatar so I can puff in the afterglow on this one!

Like I said earlier, if your 2 ct feels slighted, I can be a happy adopter! LOL.

Not kidding - the pattern on that stone is flat out insane! Now you have to find me one! LOL

Mwah! Congrats!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

...enough to bring me out of posting semi-retirement. Good GOD that thing is gorgeous!!!! WOW! So excited for you. Many congrats on the find of the century. That is a serious fireball. Love the faceting, love it on your finger, love the color, lovelovelove.

LOVE!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! :-o :love: Beautiful and huge!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. God! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks, you guys!!! You guys are too sweet. :wavey:

This is my best find to date, and I've been ebaying diamonds since 2003! I'm beyond thrilled with this diamond!!! :love: When I opened the box, I started shaking, then hyperventilating. We were in a rush to leave for a wedding, so I had to stuff it back in its box and leave it behind. ;( When we returned the next day, the first thing I did was loupe the heck out of it and make sure it was real. It was. Whew!!

After verifying it, I started to really look at the pattern. It was mesmerizing, and it blew me away. I've always loved chunkier facets with a snowflake outline, and this oec has everything I have ever wanted in a diamond. It has a tiny table, huge delicious crown, and chunky, chunky facets! Another amazing thing, it has no obstruction. The excellent cut, combined with the size... OMG... I nearly passed out from not breathing!!!

It faces up SO very white, with no yellow, brown, or grey... just vanilla. From the side, I can tell it has the same body color as the 2ct K-L, but for whatever reason, it faces up at least one to two grades whiter!! It has a tint of vanilla that shows up indoors, and in picture HFG_30 (as in holy freakin grail, what else?? :bigsmile: ), you can see the tint at its max. That picture was taken indoors with no flash, and my walls are cappuccino so it was reflecting the environment. This diamond reflects crazy colors, so in the outdoor under tree pics, you can see a very noticeable tint of green. In the other outdoor pics, you can see the blue sky reflected. And the pastels... OH the pastels!!! I haven't said many words since I opened the package yesterday. My SO had to remind me to eat!

I have some GIA G and H diamonds in the safe, and will hopefully have time to take some comparison shots this week. Maybe my memory is failing, but I seem to recall my H being more tinted than this. Squeeee!!!! Alright it's bedtime. Y'all will see a lot more pics this week!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Unbelievable!!!!!!

That's the most beautiful diamond. Holy grail indeed! I'm so happy for you!

Please post a zillion more pictures.

ninagawa

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness! That is beauuuutiful :love: !
What an eye opener! Congrats on the HG!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
&@/(/!!?!)£/@&£!!!

Sweet mother Of g**

Please can I have this stone in my next life??!

That's it, I'm saving up for a 10mm stone.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Great photos, too.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Hold up. You got this on eBay??

Serious respect! I need a bowing down emoticon.

Puhleeeerze tell me what setting you're going for. I vote solitaire, that baby doesn't need a lick of make up!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh and how do I hire your mad ebaying skills to get one of my own? :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fortekitty, that truly is the holy grail of OEC's- amazing colors and awesome faceting-what a gorgeous stone!! I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to see how you set it. Please post as many pics as you can- I am drooling all over my laptop right now. Unbelievable diamond!!! :love: :love: :love:

Wear in health and happiness!!! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You found that TDF, amazeballs stone on eBay?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless. Wow! It is STUNNING!! The find of a lifetime! Wow!! OK, I better stop b/c I'm incoherent and can't put a proper sentence together.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am in love! Lucky you to own that amazing diamond. :love: :love: :love:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
So freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's one stunning OEC you have yourself there :o Congratulations lady, you deserve it. Can't wait to see how you set it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results