My Amazing Holy Grail - 9.9mm OEC!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been away for a couple of weeks, so had to come back and say:

GREAT OOGILY MOOGILY! :-o :love:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is amazingly beautiful! Wow!!! and where did you get that beautiful wedding band??? I love it and want one!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!!

hathalove said:
This is amazingly beautiful! Wow!!! and where did you get that beautiful wedding band??? I love it and want one!

I got the vintage band on ebay a while ago. It didn't work with the other ring because it was too wide, but it works perfectly with this one!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm just seeing it mounted now. Unbelievably beautiful! Gah! Gorgeous! Blinding! Truly magnificent and such a great story.

We should start a thread entitled "The Best Gem Searches Ever" or something. This one would be at the top of my list!

You rock it, Fortekitty!

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
LOVE this diamond, the ring, AND the stack! That Ebay band is gorgeous- $110?! FK you have some *serious* Ebay skills! Congratulations!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! :love:

My DH would have to sell a kidney and then some to get me a stunner like this! :$$): :lol:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!!!! :wavey:

two_little_birds said:
My DH would have to sell a kidney and then some to get me a stunner like this! :$$): :lol:

The diamond and the new setting combined cost under $15k. ;))

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it set in the ring! Just stunning and that is some finger coverage! With your tiny fingers, it's more like HAND coverage! :cheeky:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm late to the party but I just wanted to say I love it! Do you think you'll keep it in a solitaire setting? I love it just the way it is.

Now, when are you going start unloading :Up_to_something:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Thing2of2 and eh613c!! :wavey:

I do love it in the solitaire setting, but it's really heavy for 14k. The solitaire alone weighs 4.5 grams! Think the bands are another 3 grams, and I have to wear them while working because my fingers shrink and the solitaire spins upside down. Forgot that comfort fit bands usually fit a little bit loose, so good thing it's sized at 3 instead of my usual 3.25. I usually have to switch it to my right hand mid-day because my finger starts cramping up! If I get a new setting, I'd want something lighter for sure, maybe engraved/more open? I haven't decided yet.

I'll start listing stuff one of these weekends. Been so busy I haven't had time to take pictures!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Are there any finger strengthening exercises to hold up big honkers like that? LOL :lol:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I felt kind of stupid writing that, but dammit, it really happens! :cheeky: First it goes a little numb, then it starts cramping up. As soon as I remove the solitaire, it's fine. And it's not like it's tight because it spins in a full circle when I'm at work!

Oh, oh! I know what I don't want in my future setting. I don't want the bottom closed up, because I can't see the culet as well. When it was in the pin, the culet was always visible and I loved it. Now all I see is the inside of the head. :(sad I'd also like more coverage, so it'll likely be in 8 prongs. It keeps getting knocked around and 6 prongs don't seem like enough coverage.

chicagogirl6

Rough_Rock
what a fabulous find!!!!

it's gorgeous! and looks GINORMOUS! (drool)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I think that's a first! A ring that weighs too much for the finger. You're killin' me, homie, you're killin' me....

I think they need a better visual of that. Post the lollipop photo. :tongue:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chicagogirl6!

M, you mean this one? ;-)

eta: another dirty macro pic I took on my iphone. This camera continues to surprise me!

hfg_87.jpg

hfg_88.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to have an excuse to come back and visit again - Wowza, just Wowza! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know it's a Rock when it's bigger than one's finger :naughty:

Good LORD that thing is a knockout!!! The perspective pics do a fabulous job of - well, putting it into perspective :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
She does give good coverage. 9.9mm on my 14mm finger! ;))

She has also been officially named. (thanks to Jstarfireb who came up with it!!) Her name is Moonshine. She's intoxicating!! :bigsmile: :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a perfect name - "Moonshine"!! fantastic!

She sure does give you amazing finger coverage... how does the other 4.1mm of your exposed finger feel about being nekkid like that??? Bet it wants some diamond love!! ;))

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1348011828|3270530 said:
Thanks Chicagogirl6!

M, you mean this one? ;-)

eta: another dirty macro pic I took on my iphone. This camera continues to surprise me!

Oh Yes I did!! I could stare at that picture all day long!! I mean seriously, is that perfect coverage or what? I love the name "Moonshine"!! It's a Full Moon for sure!! :appl:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Fortekitty-- you must be over the MOON with MOONSHINE!! She is absolutely gorgeous :love: Just beautiful. Enjoy her in good health!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have three stone horizontal coverage with ONE big honker. :-o Gadzooks, amazing!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girl, I suggest for your eventual reset a basket that is wide and open, like so many SS settings, like my setting, like many mounts fro hat time. Gives a good base to the diamond so it might not rotate, will set the stone lower to the center of gravity is closer to the finger and likely more comfy, and will allow a nice airy basket design to let you see the culet. I agree, seeing the pavilion, even just a peekaboo look, is a must!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!!! She continues to amaze me. I love the snowflake pattern on her big fat crown facets... it's one of my favorite things to see. We just got back from Home Depot. It's the first time Moonshine's been there, and OMFG... I think it's one of her favorite places to be!!!

miraclesrule said:
I love the name "Moonshine"!! It's a Full Moon for sure!! :appl:

Hehe, she was named less after the moon, and more after the liquor! :naughty:

Dreamer_D said:
Girl, I suggest for your eventual reset a basket that is wide and open, like so many SS settings, like my setting, like many mounts fro hat time. Gives a good base to the diamond so it might not rotate, will set the stone lower to the center of gravity is closer to the finger and likely more comfy, and will allow a nice airy basket design to let you see the culet. I agree, seeing the pavilion, even just a peekaboo look, is a must!

I can see the entire pavillion from the side right now. It's just the culet view from the top that bugs me because instead of seeing my skin, I see metal since it's directly under. That ring that Mara just posted in her setting thread is pretty much exactly what I want. Nice open side. I love that the base of the basket is much smaller than the top, so it looks like a crown. Many antique pieces are too wide at the bottom and it looks like a bucket to me!!! Plus I love how the shank tapers in towards the diamond. I'm not a fan of the flat look a lot of old rings have.

Mara's thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/seeking-vintage-setting-for-9-5mm.180359/ If I can't find something like that, I may just have it made.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1348872386|3276207 said:
Dreamer_D said:

I can see the entire pavillion from the side right now. It's just the culet view from the top that bugs me because instead of seeing my skin, I see metal since it's directly under. That ring that Mara just posted in her setting thread is pretty much exactly what I want. Nice open side. I love that the base of the basket is much smaller than the top, so it looks like a crown. Many antique pieces are too wide at the bottom and it looks like a bucket to me!!! Plus I love how the shank tapers in towards the diamond. I'm not a fan of the flat look a lot of old rings have.

Mara's thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/seeking-vintage-setting-for-9-5mm.180359/ If I can't find something like that, I may just have it made.

Oh, ok now I get it about he culet view. haha... your stone is large enough that it matters!

I too think that ring she posted is really perfect too. My basket is on the wider side but the filigree makes me think of a gilded cage rather than a bucket, but obviously get what floats your boat.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Cleaning out pictures on my phone and came across these. Don't think I've posted them yet.

hfg_89.jpg

hfg_90.jpg

hfg_91.jpg

hfg_92.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

God, I love ****

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring continues to blow my mind! LOVE IT! :love: :love: :love:

two_little_birds