shape
carat
color
clarity

My alexandrite lotus is DONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 12:47:16 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
We''ll need to organize a viewing when it gets here! So excited for you Jstar, you won''t be disappointed!

I second that!!! We''ll do a Philly Lotus viewing GTG
9.gif

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful! I love how it is set a little lower. Did she have the alexandrite or did you send it to her? I wanted to get an Alexandrite necklace in St. Maarten, but the jeweler never offered any service when we were in the store. I had already picked it out and everything. Their loss, but I really wanted it. I sent an email back when we returned to the states, but never got a response. Very disappointing.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Nice stone and very elegant ring! Wear it with good health!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks rubyisforlove, joy2theworld, and yingh!

J2TW: Sally had the stone for me...I was actually thinking of doing something like pink tourmaline in rose gold, and then she said she had alexandrite! She bought 4 of them and had 2 left after me if you''re interested in getting one yourself. They''re Indian, and nicer looking with better color change than a lot of the Indian alex I''ve seen out there. The other 2 stones did have a medium window, but I really think the lotus setting would minimize that because of how the head is built. Anyway, I actually have pics of the other two stones here if you''re interested!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful. I love y-gold head with the white.
36.gif
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and perfect!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, QueenB and vespergirl! I can''t wait until it arrives!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW!!! SUPER gorgeous, just love it!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see hand shots! (I keep checking back...must have patience!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Oops, never said thanks to Lorelei for her reply...so here''s a belated thanks!

Anyway...the lotus has landed! After a bit of a shipping saga, that is. Yesterday at 9:30 AM, I was fast asleep after my prior shift that I got out from at 1 AM. I vaguely heard the phone ring and got up to answer it, but my clumsy groggy hands let the phone slip and it flipped closed. So I called right back, and it was the doorman saying I had a package...but the mail carrier had already left. I couldn''t pick it up at the post office that day because I had another noon to midnight ER shift. So today I went in to pick it up and was initially told I couldn''t get it because I didn''t have an ID that matched my shipping address! I couldn''t believe that! I had 2 forms of photo ID, lots of credit cards with my full name on them...but because I still have my parent''s address on my driver''s license, they said no dice. So I showed them all of my IDs, promised I was myself, and even offered to call the front desk at my building to have them verify that I lived there. Eventually they gave in and let me take my package.

So, moral of the story...express mail is serious stuff!

But I have it now, and there are a few pics. It''s really gorgeous, but TINY (as I expected), and ridiculously difficult to photograph. So here we go...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Let''s try this again. On the box with my FrekeGems...

jstar-alex5.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Halogen lighting.

jstar-alex6.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Incandescent lighting on my stove top. Incidentally the best pic I could get so far.

jstar-alex7.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Fluorescent lighting (one of those twisty-shaped light bulbs).

jstar-alex8.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Fluorescent lighting from a sunlight-spectrum lamp.

jstar-alex9.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Natural light by my window.

jstar-alex10.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately the camera doesn''t really capture the brilliant green of the stone in natural light (closest I could come was the sun lamp). It''s really a beautiful emerald green. Indoors it''s kind of a teal green. And under incandescent light or candlelight, a rich purple.

Here it is by candlelight, blurry because I turned off the flash...

jstar-alex11.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Handshot...

jstar-alex12.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Last one I have...

jstar-alex13.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
As tiny as it is, and as much as I like the idea of stacking it...when I stack it next to my little amethyst stacker, the amethyst ring completely overpowers this one. It would have to be stacked next to an exceedingly dainty ring. So I may just wear it on its own...we''ll see!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Jstar! I love how dainty it is!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
woooooohoooooo!!!! I'm sooooo excited for you it looks great!!!
30.gif
it's so cute, very feminine.

I like it there solo, but maybe little eternity bands would be a nice compliment??

ETA: and you have the advantage of being able to mix gold colors with it since you did two-tone
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO pretty!

And I like the FrekeGems.
3.gif
That is awesome.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that alexandrite is lovely, and it looks perfectly at home in that setting!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that color change is absolutely fabulous!!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
It''s so beautiful! The color change is amazing!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, everyone!

Kas baby, eternity bands would be nice! A bit outside the budget these days, but I''ll think about it for later.

Freke, I thought you would like my little moniker.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results