shape
carat
color
clarity

My ACA in BE bezel

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Hello ladies!

I'm so happy to share photos of my 1.3 ct J VS2 ACA from WF set in a custom bezel by BE.

This setting was inspired by the Tiffany beset. I was looking for a ring that was timeless and simple, but also went with my casual, active lifestyle, and I'm so grateful for everyone who suggested a bezel.

Also, I'd like to especially thank Gypsy for being a constant source of help on these boards; she goes above and beyond in educating and assisting us all.

Both WF and BE had excellent customer service. BE was diligent in listening to my input on the setting and the result exceeds my expectations. This ring feels delicate, yet hardy enough for everyday activities, and so comfortable I don't even know it's there.

These are just iPhone photos but I'll follow up with real photos soon.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring :love:

Yes Gypsy knows how to pick them. I know she says she does it for fun be she missed her calling. The vendors and people she helps should be giving her commission lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous!!! :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful!! I love it. Could we see the profile please?

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
That is fabulous! Love it!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
Beautifully simple, classy and elegant! ENJOY! ACA's are amazing!

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, ladies! Here are some profile photos.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring - clean and beautiful!

singer

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous, sleek and oh so perfect!!!! What does BE stand for?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring! It looks beautiful on you and it makes the diamond the star of the ring. The bezel setting has such a fresh, yet classic feel. And I love the two tone setting.
Great choices :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!! Love the mixed metal and the sleek lines of the bezel. It's so functional and beautiful at the same time. Of course the stone is amazing too :cheeky: . Congratulations on your ring, it's a stunner!! :appl:

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind words, ladies!

Acinom - That means a lot! You have incredible rings and amazing taste!

JDDN - Thank you! I'm a big fan of yellow gold, it looks nicer with my skin tone than white metals, but the platinum head compliments the diamond so well, making it whiter and brighter than when it loose, IMO. I'm glad I went with the two-tone.

Grateful - I'm officially addicted to ACA's as well. The photos truly don't do them justice.

susief

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! :love:

The diamond is gorgeous and I LOVE the bezel. So beautiful and sleek. In fact I'm just having my new diamond (also a J VS2 - smaller than yours though ;)) ) set into a bezel.

Can I ask what ring size you are? How comfortable do you find it to wear?

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Susie- it is extremely comfortable. I don't even feel it on my finger. I hope you share photos of your bezel; I'm excited to see it!

I'm a 4.5 but the ring is 4.75.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
singer|1456507573|3996110 said:
It's gorgeous, sleek and oh so perfect!!!! What does BE stand for?
:love: :love: :love: It's beautiful!
BE stands for brilliantly engaged, formerly known as ERD (engagement rings direct)

susief

Shiny_Rock
Thank you omd, that's really helpful :))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, love the setting!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elegant and comfortable, you can't help but love that!!!

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
Love it! I'm planning a bezel reset right now, but keep second guessing myself because my husband and sister keep trying to talk me out of it. They think it will hide the stone, and I'll lose sparkle and size. I was thinking the exact opposite would happen. What do you think with your new ring as far as size and sparkle with the bezel setting? From the photos, it looks huge and sparkly to me! But do you find that you lose something from not being able to see the stone as much from the side profile?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, LOVE!! This is so gorgeous! The yellow gold is gorgeous and the bezel is so clean.

What will you do for a wedding band?

Congrats!

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
I forgot to ask, how wide is the shank? The proportions between the bezel, band width, and diamond are so perfect!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMGosh, that is perfect! As others posted previously, ditto clean & sleek! :lickout: It looks so classy! Sometimes, the simpler it is, the better it looks, & in this case you knocked it out of the park!! :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the clean lines of your bezel setting! May I ask how hard is it to keep the ACA sparkling clean?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic and elegant ring with a fabulous diamond. It's beautiful! :appl:

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
sassy_pants|1456535738|3996330 said:
Love it! I'm planning a bezel reset right now, but keep second guessing myself because my husband and sister keep trying to talk me out of it. They think it will hide the stone, and I'll lose sparkle and size. I was thinking the exact opposite would happen. What do you think with your new ring as far as size and sparkle with the bezel setting? From the photos, it looks huge and sparkly to me! But do you find that you lose something from not being able to see the stone as much from the side profile?

Thank you so much for your kind words. Those are interesting questions and I'm not sure there's a right or wrong answer. I think some bezels do hide the stone, and perhaps if it's not a well cut stone less light might enter so you might get a slight decrease in sparkle, if that makes sense? This one doesn't. I think the stone looks brighter and whiter in the setting. I made sure to leave a lot of room for light to enter on the sides. I tried on some bezels locally that never did it for me. They were usually too bulky and masculine. I almost decided to get a six prong solitaire because they allow the stone to stand out on its own, and it's a classic. But I tried on many of them on many different trips to jewelry stores and I was never excited about them. Finally, on a trip to NYC I tried on the beset next to their six prong and the beset it felt right.

I think this bezel setting adds to the stone and does not detract from it. The diamond is a J and when it was loose I could see more color. Now that it's set in the platinum bezel I can hardly EVER see color. It looks blindingly white. The stone also definitely looks larger to me in this setting than loose or on a six prong solitaire mock-up at the store.

However, it is a low setting and therefore more discreet and understated, not as noticeable as most would want, I think. A prong setting does put the stone front and center, and the girdle is very visible so you do see more sparkle from all angles. I think if you are getting engaged, you want the stone to stand out, everyone wants to see it so it makes sense to set it higher so it's more noticeable. In my case, I've been married 15 years, work from home, live with two very outdoorsy kids and I wanted something that was elegant but I could wear all the time without being afraid to knock it around. I dress very simply, mostly in neutrals, and I tend to wear little and understated jewelry so this was the right choice for my lifestyle and personality right now.

But I also adore a six prong solitaire too that puts the diamond on display. I think the best thing to do is to visit a jeweler that has both styles so you can try some on and see what you like best. I I hope I didn't confuse you any further. :naughty:

The shank is around 2.5 mm I think.

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
m-2-b|1456538389|3996347 said:
Love the clean lines of your bezel setting! May I ask how hard is it to keep the ACA sparkling clean?

Hi M2B!

Thank you! Your rings are stunning so it means a lot.

I'm not finding it difficult to keep clean, but I've only had it a few days. In fact, I was going to ask on a separate thread what's the best way to clean your diamond ring.

In the past I've always cleaned mine with a soft toothbrush and baking soda toothpaste, and it was sparkly clean, but I am sure there are better and more sophisticated tools to do this :tongue:

Today I cleaned it with a little bit of Dawn dish soap and dried it with the hairdryer on cold while I was doing my hair :lol:

How do you clean your gorgeous ACA?

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Thank you marcy, sarahb, laila, arkieb, brightice, and pintobean! :D

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
sassy_pants|1456535738|3996330 said:

I just read your threads asking about your bezel reset and wanted to add, I asked BE to make sure the stone was sitting as high as possible in the bezel, so the crown was showing as much as possible. I wanted minimal metal covering the girdle. I think this is really important in not losing any of the sparkle of the diamond. In many of the bezel settings I tried on and didn't like, the metal covered part of the crown angle so you could barely see the stone from the side. Does that make sense?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results