shape
carat
color
clarity

My ACA and Emilya Upgrade!

carolinenc

Rough_Rock
I posted a month or so ago about upgrading my diamond. I had a 2.02 J SI1 GIA XXX that has always somewhat bugged me. I had been thinking about upgrading the diamond...or the setting, but I ultimately realized that what I really wanted was to upgrade both. So in September I purchased a 2.01 J SI1 ACA from White Flash! I can 110% see the difference, so I'm so glad I made this change.

Here is the thread about that:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...mond-with-almost-the-exact-same-specs.243571/

I then sent the diamond off to Victor to have it set in the Emilya along with a matching band. Despite the huge number of reviews and pictures on here, I have to admit it was nerve wracking waiting for it. I can only imagine how stressful that must be for a guy waiting on a ring waiting to propose! Of course it turned out perfectly. :)

I know the Emilya has been done a million times on here. I chose the classic Emilya and specified "delicate halo." I went from having no gap with my old set to having a gap with this set, which I was nervous about at first but I'm really glad I went that direction. Especially given how delicate the bands are, it looks really nice.

The only unique choice I made was asking for pave on only one side of the donut. I had never heard of this before, but I felt sad forgoing the diamonds there since they looked so pretty in all the pictures, but I still wanted to be able to wear it with a wedding band without a spacer. When I received the rings, I realized just how delicate it is, and how you can barely see it unless you look closely. I'm sure I would have been fine with no diamonds on the donut at all, but it nice when you see it from that angle. I'm wearing it without the wedding band right now with the diamonds facing me, and it's a pretty view. I probably won't wear it like this often, but it's a good option to have. You have to look very closely to see this, so I don't think it throws the balance off of the ring but it may bother some people.

I'm glad I took everyone's advice on Pricescope and went with Victor for the halo. Seeing the ring in person makes it even more apparent the craftsmanship that is require to make this ring! Looking at macro pictures online really magnifies everything, but all the details are so fine and blend together seamlessly.

Now on to some pictures!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I keep hitting refresh...c'mon photos.
:bigsmile:

And congratulations on the ring of your dreams!!!:appl::appl::appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. :love::love::love:
Another VC masterpiece. Beautifully done.:appl:
Love your new ring. Enjoy in health and happiness!
And please share lots and lots of photos.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is stunning! :love: I love the delicate halo and I think using diamonds on only one side of the donut was a great idea. The best of both worlds. :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah! Clever girl! One side of the donut has pave. :appl: Kudos. The ring is standard VC level beautiful. Congratulations! The whole set looks beautiful on you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you! :appl:Welcome to the WF ACA +VC Emilya halo club! :wavey:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous! I think putting diamonds on only one side of the donut was a brilliant idea. Eliminating the need for a spacer keeps the look clean and classic. I love it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out spectacular!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous ring, and it looks perfect on your hand! I never really liked halos until I saw Victor's halos, and I must say that they are the best ever... so beautiful! :love: Congratulations!!

luxe

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!! Suits your hand beautifully!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emilya never disappoints! SO beautiful! Congrats!

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
:love:looks amazing! your emilya is gorgeous! congrats :love:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful set - his work is always superb!

Enjoy your new rings!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, I wish I could pull off a halo setting like your hand. My chubby hand will just look even shorter when I wear halo.

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!
What a stunner it is! :love: :love: :love:

The proportions are absolutely perfect. Any chance you know what width the band is?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzers!!! That is truly stunning. And you are so smart to do pave on one side of the donut only! I have never seen that done before and love the idea.

You have created a gorgeous, classic piece!

carolinenc

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!
What a stunner it is! :love: :love: :love:

The proportions are absolutely perfect. Any chance you know what width the band is?

The Emilya is 1.87 mm and the wedding band is 1.91 mm.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set is stunning!!! How smart to only do diamonds on one side of the donut. Nice detailing. Your Emilya is amazing with the band. And I loooove that stone.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!!

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring and it looks stunning on your hand. Enjoy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Very pretty.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results