shape
carat
color
clarity

my 5 diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
I have not seen them yet but Lesley at Whiteflash took a picture of them for me. These are going into an anniversary ring with a custom setting. For you folks who like specs here they are:

They are all ACA H&A

size: .21
color: E
clarity: vvs1
table: 55
depth: 61.3
crown: 33.9
pavillion: 43.4
girdle: thin to medium
culet: pointed
Flour: Negl
HCA: 2.0 Ex Ex VG VG

size: .21
clarity: vs2
table: 56
crown: 34.3
pavillion: 41
girdle: med to sl thick
HCA: 1.7 Ex Ex VG VG

size: .301
color: F
clarity: vs1
table: 57
depth: 60.8
crown: 35
pavillion: 40.8
girdle: .9 - 1.6 f
HCA: 1.5 Ex Ex Ex VG

size: .298
color: F
clarity: vs2
table: 55
crown: 34.4
pavillion: 40.8
girdle: .9 - 1.9 f
HCA: 1.2 Ex Ex Ex VG

size: .491
clarity: vs1
table: 57
depth: 60
crown: 34
pavillion: 40.7
girdle: 1.0 - 1.4 f
Flour: Inert
HCA 0.7 Ex Ex Ex Ex

I am very excited.

dimagesfor5.jpg

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
And the idealscope images.....
thanks Lesley!

BTW, 3 are the "old" cut and 2 are the "new" cut
wink2.gif

idscopefor5.jpg

anniediamond

Rough_Rock
Dave, WOW! They take the breath away. I can just imagine how fantastic they will be in person. All H&A, A Cut Above too. I may have to call Whiteflash for some information about my 3 stone search. Thanks for the pictures.
--Annie

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. That's going to be a stunner!

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Better buy some dark sunglasses because with those white sparklers, you're gonna need 'em!!
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Oh Dave, they are drop dead gorgeous!
love.gif
And a custom band to boot! Your wife is one lucky gal!!!
16.gif

PS Dave, I sent you a PM. Please check it and get back to me.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW WOW!!! Those are amazing!! Interesting, I picked out the smaller two 'old' cut ACA's..they look a tad different. The middle stone looks like a new one though. Interesting!! Esp to see the IdealScope images and how the old cut slightly differs from new. That middle stone looks amazing. I love the IS image.

This thing is going to be a knockout. Somewhat along the lines of when we were looking, we were checking out some HOF stones, and the saleslady put two next to each other in a 3 stone setting and just the 2 in that setting blew us away!! Definitely the most brilliance I have seen to this day. I can imagine that is how these 5 will look, but doubled, almost tripled.

Congrats
2.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I woul be excited too !
Congratulations !

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the kind comments. Though the diamonds are individually smaller then those usually posted here, I was going for a different look with more of a band of diamonds. They will be set close to the finger and wrap around so they should sparkle from more directions.

The two middle-side stones (.30 ct) are the "new" style cut. The outside stones and the center stone are the "old" style cut. The ID images show a few faint light spots in the three old-cut stones and none in the new ones. When I see them in person I will give my impression in different light situations.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Boy I am glad I didn't say which I thought were which. I was wrong! LOLOL
tongue.gif

Oh Dave, when you look at them, this is a MUST! Lay them on white paper on their sides, face out. Light a candle (or 2 for 5 diamonds), turn off all the lights, and then move around the room looking at them. It is the neatest experience!
6.gif

With both the Classic and New Lines, you have the best of both worlds on that ring. It will sparkle and shimmer constantly!
love.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can tell from the IS images which are which (light leakage on edges vs none at all), but what is interesting that if you just look at the picture of the stones, the two outer (old) stones look a little more milky and less well-cut (faint arrows) than the middle stone and two next to them. Interesting that the middle stone is also an older cut but it looks much more like the newer cut stones. Maybe it's just the photography on the two outer stones.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara:

"what is interesting that if you just look at the picture of the stones, the two outer (old) stones look a little more milky and less well-cut (faint arrows) than the middle stone and two next to them."

You are correct! It was very difficult to photograph all 5 in perfect focus and we did point that out to Dave when we e-mailed him the images. The 2 outside stones do look a little blurry in the photo but I assure you that they are just as brilliant as the other 3. Also, in order to photograph the 8 arrows clearly, the diamond needs to be directly under the lens which makes it difficult to photograph the outermost diamonds clearly.
twirl.gif

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are still showstoppers!! Do you see any sort of visual difference between the old and new cuts Lesley? Or can you not differentiate since you see these things day-in and day-out, week after week...? Lucky!
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/15/2003 12:41:40 PM Mara wrote:

You can tell from the IS images which are which (light leakage on edges vs none at all), but what is interesting that if you just look at the picture of the stones, the two outer (old) stones look a little more milky and less well-cut (faint arrows) than the middle stone and two next to them. Interesting that the middle stone is also an older cut but it looks much more like the newer cut stones. Maybe it's just the photography on the two outer stones.
----------------

Well, there you go again, Mara! I am ONE UPPED yet AGAIN!
3.gif

I sat and gawked at those gorgeous rocks! I also tried to figure out which ones were which cut. Then I glanced at the IS pic. You can imagine which one caught my eye and what I was glued to. The center one. So Black and Red. And Excellent, crisp patterns. I just flew to post how BEAUTIFUL they are and I PM'd Dave to ask privately which ones were which cut. I didn't want to look stupid by making the wrong call on the forum. Which I did in the PM to Dave.

Dave explained about the photography, which makes sense. The larger stone being in the center would be the focal point of the lense. The edges would fall off from there resulting in the less crisp images of the outside stones.

Aaahhh. This is gonna be one heavenly ring!
12.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thing is going to be amazing. I was actually tempted last nite after seeing this to get a 5 stone wedding ring. But it wouldn't really go with the engagement ring thing. Anniversary only 5 years away!!!
2.gif

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
I get to pick up the diamonds Tuesday; I can't wait!!!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God! Oh my God! Be sure to buy a good pair of sunglasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Anybody wanna bet he doesn't even wait to get out of the FedEx parking lot before he rips open the boxes????? hehe
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
pq!! You are a riot!

Many of our customers have the same problem of not being able to wait....

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

canadian 1

Rough_Rock
Hey I might be a novice here at this forum on specs "n" measurements but not when it comes to beauty, and those 5 are beauties.
What a gorgeous piece this will be. Lucky wife and a man with great taste.
Hats off d

canadian 1
9.gif

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
Only 6 more hours!
I MAY wait to get out to the car
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results