shape
carat
color
clarity

My 4 carat Graff engagement ring

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, @hammy123 ! It is a stunner. This one blows the other away (the 4 ct one)!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! I love it!!! I think it's perfect! Woo hoo!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's gorgeous and looks huge on you!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful and the stone looks huge!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful! I like it with the narrow diamond band. And it’s nice that you still have the first ring with the baguette sides...best of both worlds!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes I think less is more and your new ring is a perfect example of this - it looks gorgeous!!!! :love: It's a timeless, classic piece that will also be super versatile with a range of bands. It looks beautiful (and huge) on you! :appl:

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Your new ring is fantastic! Congratulations! I love it with all the bands!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that's amazing! It looks fantastic as a solitaire!

hammy123

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your magnificent new ring:kiss2:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Love it! Looks gloriously huge as a solitaire!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, it's stunning! I don't even see your finger??!!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Agree this looks way more elegant than with the chunky baguette sides. And a nice contrast to your original ring, which you can still wear. Great result!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful monster ring! :kiss2: Can I have it, please??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new diamond and setting! You were wise to look at another one since you weren't 100% sure about the other one!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
It’s such a beautiful diamond, and I think the reset was such a great choice. It really ups the impact factor and looks gorgeous!

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
I love this, the setting is so elegant and pretty. Would love more photos!

What an absolutely stunning ring! It looks much bigger than the 4ct set with baguettes that you had earlier, I think the solitaire setting really lets the stone shine! I like it with the eternity band as well and I think it does work, but if you don’t want to wear them together a plain band is best :D

Lani

Rough_Rock
It looks like the perfect size for your hand! I love the classic tapered baguette style! Very elegant and understated!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Love love love your new solitaire. The stone is beautiful and the setting is perfection. Excuse me, now I have to go clean up the pool of drool under my chin hahaha!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring. Graff -- they do a nice job!

The bigger the stone, the less noticeable a one-ct difference will be, of course.

A 33% increase in weight (going from 3 to 4 ct) is only a 9% increase in diameter -- assuming identical proportions.

Going from 4 to 5 ct is only a 7.7% increase in diameter, etc. That must be why 5-ct size is so unpopular :cool2:.

hammy123

Rough_Rock
Lovely ring. Graff -- they do a nice job!

The bigger the stone, the less noticeable a one-ct difference will be, of course.

A 33% increase in weight (going from 3 to 4 ct) is only a 9% increase in diameter -- assuming identical proportions.

Going from 4 to 5 ct is only a 7.7% increase in diameter, etc. That must be why 5-ct size is so unpopular :cool2:.

I did not know this. So interesting. Thanks for sharing the numbers. So interesting that the 5 carat mark is one of those points where the price jumps considerably (the other big price jump is when you break the 1 carat mark).

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! A 4.3 E VVS Graff ring is certainly a dream combination. It’s absolutely perfect and your diamond looks so crisp and bright.

I love visiting Graff in Tokyo. They have amazing customer service and huge selection of amazing diamonds.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not know this. So interesting. Thanks for sharing the numbers. So interesting that the 5 carat mark is one of those points where the price jumps considerably (the other big price jump is when you break the 1 carat mark).

I don't know where to find these numbers but you can derive them for any situation, assuming that the cut is the same (i.e., one is not "spready" vs. one very deep, etc.).

The single-dimension change (like depth or diameter) is just the cube root (x^0.3333) of the ratio of the big stone weight to the small stone weight.

Surface area (face-up size) is best represented by the square of the diameter so a 4-ct "looks" 20% bigger than a same-proportioned 3-ct. That should be noticeable, imo. I'm sure jewelers use that number. Or maybe not -- it's still not that impressive compared to the 33% increase in weight.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Now that is some serious bling!!! So icy cool!! Congrats. I’m glad you love your new solitaire setting. Enjoy it in good health!! More pics please!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this much better! Beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely stunning!! You seem happier with this stone and I'm glad!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results