shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3-stone...well not yet

magnolia87

Rough_Rock
Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Messages
17
So here is my beautiful 3 stone that we have picked out. But now he is sitting on the ring waiting for "the perfect time"! Ugh! Patience is a virtue right?!

The band shown with it is something I'm considering. Still working on the whole band thing. I also took a picture with two bands, one on each side for a wrap effect.

Sorry, the photo wasn't taken in very good light!

photo 2.jpg
 

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Mar 30, 2009
Messages
326
WoW! Wow wow wow. Ummmm, WOW!
 

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 18, 2009
Messages
906
I love everything about this!!!! Can you give us more details? What is your finger size? What size are the diamonds? Do you have any profile shots? I am considering upgrading my solitaire to a 3-stone. Beautiful!!!
 

magnolia87

Rough_Rock
Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Messages
17
Here's the stats:

1.5 center
.5 on either side.
It's a trellis setting but I don't have pics from the side yet.
I'm a 5.25 ring size.

The bands shown are just ideas...they aren't my size yet so they're a little off. I'm just nervous about it looking too big and bulky. What does everyone think?

photo 1.jpg
 

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
12,502
I like three stone rings with a thin plain band makes the stones pop very much, otherwise I think just my personal opinion is that two bands flanking it a big blur.

If diamond band, I would consider very thin diamond wedding band. Its your personal preference and you are the one that has to wear it, so my opinion doesn't really matter ::)
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
that is a beautiful 3-stone!

I also prefer a plain band with a 3-stone but you should get whatever you like best :)
 

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 10, 2010
Messages
425
I like a thin plain band with a 3 stone as well (2mm or less) or a thin eternity. Beautiful ring! :love:
 

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
2,216
Oh nice! Can you post pics with just a plain band? I like the diamond bands but they may take away from your engagement ring. A plain band would let it shine!!
 

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
11,071
I would do one of each :naughty: Seriously - I like the versatility of having a plain band and a diamond band that you could turn one around and stack together and wear without the 3 stone sometimes... or you could wear one, the other, or both. I would wear the plain band like a wedder, the 3 stone like an e-ring and the diamond band like an anniversary band. But that's me... :)
 

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
723
slg47|1314745999|3005808 said:
that is a beautiful 3-stone!

I also prefer a plain band with a 3-stone but you should get whatever you like best :)

I thritto all of this! Beautiful three-stone ring :love:
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
D&T|1314743974|3005774 said:
I like three stone rings with a thin plain band makes the stones pop very much, otherwise I think just my personal opinion is that two bands flanking it a big blur.

If diamond band, I would consider very thin diamond wedding band. Its your personal preference and you are the one that has to wear it, so my opinion doesn't really matter ::)


Totally agree!! I think two blingy bands start to blend in and detract from that stunning 3stone :). If anything do one simple buamond eternity (not too big- something thin sparkly) or a plain band.
 

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
3,738
I love your three stone but tend to agree it is beautiful alone.
 

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
7,864
Cehrabehra|1314778885|3006130 said:
I would do one of each :naughty: Seriously - I like the versatility of having a plain band and a diamond band that you could turn one around and stack together and wear without the 3 stone sometimes... or you could wear one, the other, or both. I would wear the plain band like a wedder, the 3 stone like an e-ring and the diamond band like an anniversary band. But that's me... :)

I agree. I love the idea of stackers. I'm not a fan of the curved diamond band you have whether it is 1 or 2. Something about it just seems very dated to me.
 

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 12, 2011
Messages
4,775
Your "almost" ring is a stunner.... So pretty. Can't wait to see more shots and what you choose for a band(s) :love: Congratulations! :appl:
 

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
126
You're ring-held-hostage is GORGEOUS! I also think that it would be complimented by one thin eternity ring. I hope you get to wear it soon!
 
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results
Top