shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3.35 ct fancy light brownish yellow has been reset in her temp home!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So she is back, but does not look nearly as yellow in my setting as she did in the original. She’s also a lot larger than I was expecting even though I obsessively looked at 3 ct diamond threads while I waited for her... I’m not 100% sure I’m comfortable with how big she looks on my finger. But here are some photos while I figure my life out.
0B6C7823-F04E-4AB4-9765-0A9396B32B27.jpeg FEE41177-4855-4186-8120-64FB3AF966C2.jpeg 18A84B3C-CE12-45D2-A4AF-E68E02316266.jpeg

NONSENSE!!! This ring is DIVINE and looks absolutely STUNNING on you!!! Enjoy that rock!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I appreciate all the kind words.

Also sorry, I’m the worst at keeping track of threads and responding.

But if anyone has ideas of how I can make the yellow pop more I’m all ears! I should have asked for help this first time around.

Add a high karat yellow gold band... or even one on either side. ;-)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it!!!! I think it looks absolutely perfect on your hand and I LOVE her color! The most perfect stone and setting. Congrats. I hope you grow to love it. It always takes me a few days with all new things to love them. My husband will here me say about every single thing when I first get it- ...I'm not sure, I may have to return it...... He just rolls his eyes. I hope after a little bit, you will be over t he moon about it. Personally, I think it's stunning!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@msop04 I honestly just assume most of his stuff is for PS-ers. When I see something I love on his IG I go directly to SMTB looking for a thread/ more photos.

I know 14k is not high carat but I had it next to my 14k YG band and thought it looked funny. Tiffany has my purse (for repairs) so I was going to try on a bunch of bands when I went to pick it up.

I have to say I’m feeling a little less self conscious today. I think it’s because no one noticed (or said anything).

@luv2sparkle I can be the same way! So I hope that’s what it is... I think it’s the indecisiveness but it’s just so hard to know right away if you really love something.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you @winnietucker! You will probably get used to the size the more you wear it. And I love the new setting. It's a gorgeous ring.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it.

As to sizing, just size it to your comfort now and deal with resizing in future if/when needed. You can’t plan for changes in your body as you age — far too many unknowns. And it seems an utter waste to shelve something you like for years while you try to predict your future ring size. Wear the setting you love NOW and cross sizing bridges when they come.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks amazing! Like a sunrise on a foggy morning in a really good way!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So she is back, but does not look nearly as yellow in my setting as she did in the original. She’s also a lot larger than I was expecting even though I obsessively looked at 3 ct diamond threads while I waited for her... I’m not 100% sure I’m comfortable with how big she looks on my finger. But here are some photos while I figure my life out.
0B6C7823-F04E-4AB4-9765-0A9396B32B27.jpeg FEE41177-4855-4186-8120-64FB3AF966C2.jpeg 18A84B3C-CE12-45D2-A4AF-E68E02316266.jpeg

I think that size looks really good on you !! DSS (diamond shrinking syndrome) will save you :kiss2:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@dreamer_dachsie If my local jeweler could have resized it I would do that for sure. But I’m not sure thrilled about having to mail it down to CA to be resized every time. Especially since we plan to have kids soon and I’ve heard that causes changes... DK is significantly cheaper than my local jeweler but something about having to send it in the mail and then having to wait that much longer for it is a turn off for me.

@Scandinavian thanks! I hope so. It seems so flashy I’ve been hiding my hand...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
that is one incredible stone and ring - i do LOVE the lower colors - biased because I have one too! i think you carry the size very well, honestly and agree his photos don't exactly do the stone justice from what i can see!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results