shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3.35 ct fancy light brownish yellow has been reset in her temp home!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’m so excited! I think his lighting kind of washes her out but I can’t wait to get her back. I wanted an easy setting that still has a lot of yellow gold to highlight my diamond’s yellow while being relatively simple and not a bezel so I can reuse it when I put her back in her old setting.

Now I need to figure out how to modify the old setting so I can resize it easily/ without having to send it to DK whenever adjustments need to be made... I’m thinking maybe just going kind of larger and then doing sizing beads? I’m open to suggestions. I might wait until I’m sure my weight will be relatively stable before putting her back and then just going with whatever size I am at that point?

A9B67F51-377B-4F0A-BC10-A1FB3F13EB33.jpeg 276AD98B-D265-4828-86EF-DE8357D0807E.jpeg F30098EB-144C-4E53-A9F0-0EAC1C814F0F.jpeg DE4BDA76-EDC0-47AB-A4E8-E6A14BF277EC.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOH that's just gorgeous. Looking forward to handshots!

luxe

Shiny_Rock
The hard part is waiting for it to arrive. Beautiful! Hand shots needed for sure!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How utterly unusual & beautiful!
Can't wait to see hand shots!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that looks stunning and I adore that setting! I think the two tone will really bring out the colour in your stone; really doubt it will look washed out in person. The setting in general is really beautiful, I especially love how it doesn't really have a doughnut, it is all just nicely integrated. Can't wait for you to get it and share more pictures!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! It’ll be in my hands tomorrow. As a side note, his video is so fancy. I sent it to my friend and she said she wants to have him do her reset too (for the video). :lol:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It looks awesome!!! Congrats and cannot wait to see handshots!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Such a happy shade of yellow. So warm! [preaching to the choir] The color of happy times to me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the setting...cant wait to see some real life photos!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WINNIE! I love your ring! Those buttery prongs are the perfect complement to your stunning stone, and the contrast against the white metal (gold?) is so lovely and striking. As for sizing, I feel your pain there...there is no reliable ring size for me either as my fingers now swell almost a full size depending on the temperature. My advice is to always err on the size of larger, and add sizing bumps (which you can't even feel). For example, in the winter my ring size is 3.75 but in the summer it's 4.75, so I had Caysie make my 3-stone in a size 5 with sizing bumps, which makes it fit like a 4.75. It does spin a bit right now since it's cool out, but it doesn't bother me much at all...when it does, I just stack another band and it spins less. :)

Enjoy your gorgeous ring! Hand shots as soon as you can, please!

Manomi

Rough_Rock
wow! so pretty! Who is this setting by?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
WINNIE! I love your ring! Those buttery prongs are the perfect complement to your stunning stone, and the contrast against the white metal (gold?) is so lovely and striking. As for sizing, I feel your pain there...there is no reliable ring size for me either as my fingers now swell almost a full size depending on the temperature. My advice is to always err on the size of larger, and add sizing bumps (which you can't even feel). For example, in the winter my ring size is 3.75 but in the summer it's 4.75, so I had Caysie make my 3-stone in a size 5 with sizing bumps, which makes it fit like a 4.75. It does spin a bit right now since it's cool out, but it doesn't bother me much at all...when it does, I just stack another band and it spins less. :)

Enjoy your gorgeous ring! Hand shots as soon as you can, please!

Is it way too small alone in the winter? My issue is we plan to have kids and I heard that just changes your ring size and maybe you don’t go back. I was thinking I could wait until after that’s all done.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it way too small alone in the winter? My issue is we plan to have kids and I heard that just changes your ring size and maybe you don’t go back. I was thinking I could wait until after that’s all done.

In the winter, my size 5/4.75 ring is definitely a little big when worn alone but I always wear it with at least 1 band. My finger is barrel-shaped (as opposed to conical) so there is no danger of it falling off...it just spins more when it's cold out.

I think it's a good call to wait until at least 1 year after you're done having kids, if you can (takes time for your body to settle). Some women go right back to their old finger size, others never do. (My finger shrank from a 4.25 to a 3.5 after having kids....though my belly did not shrink accordingly! :rolleyes:)

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
In the winter, my size 5/4.75 ring is definitely a little big when worn alone but I always wear it with at least 1 band. My finger is barrel-shaped (as opposed to conical) so there is no danger of it falling off...it just spins more when it's cold out.

I think it's a good call to wait until at least 1 year after you're done having kids, if you can (takes time for your body to settle). Some women go right back to their old finger size, others never do. (My finger shrank from a 4.25 to a 3.5 after having kids....though my belly did not shrink accordingly! :rolleyes:)

I’ve got her! But I’m the current setting does her no favors. I think I may have to put her back in the bezel. I’ll probably keep her as a solitaire so that’ll help with my resizing issue!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
So she is back, but does not look nearly as yellow in my setting as she did in the original. She’s also a lot larger than I was expecting even though I obsessively looked at 3 ct diamond threads while I waited for her... I’m not 100% sure I’m comfortable with how big she looks on my finger. But here are some photos while I figure my life out.
0B6C7823-F04E-4AB4-9765-0A9396B32B27.jpeg FEE41177-4855-4186-8120-64FB3AF966C2.jpeg 18A84B3C-CE12-45D2-A4AF-E68E02316266.jpeg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks beautiful on your hand and her size looks perfect! I also love the setting. I love the shank and the claw prongs.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
That is perfection on you!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! I appreciate all the kind words.

Also sorry, I’m the worst at keeping track of threads and responding.

But if anyone has ideas of how I can make the yellow pop more I’m all ears! I should have asked for help this first time around.

Reactions: AV_

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
That setting is honestly glorious and I don't think she looks too big on your hand at all. Give yourself a few days to get used to the size, sometimes circumstances stop people from ever feeling comfortable above a certain size but sometimes diamond shrinkage sets in - but not in a bad way!

I would also give it a bit more time in regards to the yellow, see what you think in other lighting situations. Spotlighting often blacks out certain diamond cuts and obliterates any colour regardless of the body tint. @cflutist's Q CBI is a perfect example of that.

As for making it more yellow looking - often putting a solid gold cup underneath the diamond helps - although that comes with its own issues I'm sure. A yellow halo might help as well? I think others will be more expert at that aspect than me. :))

It is beautiful. :kiss2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love the color! It is so romantic!
The low color makes it much more interesting, im my opinion!
And do I see a Hawaiian Heirloom bracelet? :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ❤️

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
That setting is honestly glorious and I don't think she looks too big on your hand at all. Give yourself a few days to get used to the size, sometimes circumstances stop people from ever feeling comfortable above a certain size but sometimes diamond shrinkage sets in - but not in a bad way!

I would also give it a bit more time in regards to the yellow, see what you think in other lighting situations. Spotlighting often blacks out certain diamond cuts and obliterates any colour regardless of the body tint. @cflutist's Q CBI is a perfect example of that.

As for making it more yellow looking - often putting a solid gold cup underneath the diamond helps - although that comes with its own issues I'm sure. A yellow halo might help as well? I think others will be more expert at that aspect than me. :))

It is beautiful. :kiss2:

I think DSS might happen. I remember thinking my 1.3 ct was large lol. I did have smaller fingers when I got that one though...

And I always thought her Q is such a gorgeous yellow! It looks amazing in all the photos I’ve seen so I confused as to why my FLY looks barely tinted. She was a pretty light yellow in her old setting.

Yellow diamond halo wasn’t what I was thinking but that’s a great idea! That would be a different spin on the halos I usually see.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love the color! It is so romantic!
The low color makes it much more interesting, im my opinion!
And do I see a Hawaiian Heirloom bracelet? :love: :love:

Thank you! And it is! My father gave it to me when I was a baby. It has my first name in the front and “love daddy” engraved on the inside. I wanted to get another one with my Hawaiian/ middle name when we went home this year but it didn’t happen.

Lehua Jewelers has a diamond encrusted bangle that I love but it’s $10k. I considered asking a jeweler like DK to recreate it for me but I haven’t made any moves on that one because it feels like it’d be inauthentic and that Hawaiian heirloom jewelry should be made by Hawaii based jewelers... It’s a lot of turmoil for a dang bracelet.

@missy Thank you!:bigsmile:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooohhhhh!!!! I saw this on his IG and immediately knew it had to be a PS member's ring!! Gorgeous!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results