shape
carat
color
clarity

My 20th Anniversary, 50th Birthday Present is Here!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maita, I am so so sorry for the loss of your boy.. I cannot imagine it.. and your journey with your health.. wow.. I don't know if I could be as strong as you.. You are a strong woman.

Your ring.. what can I say? .. it's perfect.. I love step cuts.. I love your setting and it's a knockout.

please know I send you much peace, love and thanks for reminding me that there are people who standup under fire, live and thrive.. wish I could change the past for you, but I'm sure your son knows you love him. and he loves you.

again, thank you and love the ring! and happy birthday!!!! many many more.

:wavey:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent, and well deserved! Congratulations!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I too, was moved to tears by your post. You have endured more than anyone should have to the past few years. Losing a child is every parent's worst nightmare! I'm glad that you have a loving life partner to share this journey with.

Your ring is beyond stunning! And I'm so jealous of your gorgeous hands! They certainly look decades younger than 50!

Enjoy your ring for many years to come and know that PS is a safe haven for many of us and I hope that the same will hold true for you as well.

P

PierreBear

As all the others have said, I too am so saddened about the trials you've had to endure. Thanks for sharing such a personal story and of course pictures of your beautiful ring as well. Cheers to you and your partner. Both so strong and loving!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maita13,

What a beautiful ring...I love Caysie's work!

More importantly, your story really had an impact on me. I can't imagine the process you've had to go through to deal
your new "norm" (I know there is no recovery). You are lucky to have such beautiful people in your life. I wish
you continued healing and hope that the pain of your loss will become easier to manage.

tyty333

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maita13,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Its clear from your description that you were blessed with an amazing son; the kind of person who makes a positive, enduring impact on those who were fortunate to know him. I have no doubt that he lives forever in the hearts and minds of those who were touched by his kindness and compassion.

What a wonderful partner you have! :))

Your ring is gorgeous! The diamond and setting are stunning! So timeless and elegant. Thank you for sharing your story and ring with us.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maita, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss and for all that you've endured. Thank goodness you have a wonderful, supportive and loving partner to see you through it. These silly sparklies can be a light in an otherwise dark place. In the grand scheme of things they are frivolous but they are also sentimental and they can lift our spirits. I saw your ring on Caysie's instagram and thought it was magnificent. It looks amazing on your hand!!! All the best to you and your family.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Alex T said:
Maita, this ring is as beautiful & as stunning as your soul is :love:

I hope it can remind you how lucky you are to be over illness & about having such a wonderfully loving & supportive partner. I am heartbroken for the loss of your son, something I imagine nobody can ever 'move on' from, but I hope when you look at this ring you can see the beauty of life, YOUR life, the life that you are now able to go on living. Our world is precious & it gives us diamonds from deep down in its core, but it also takes things away from us. Who knows why it does either? Enjoy the sunshine on your face & the sound of the rain on your windows.

Sending lots of hugs x

I will do as you say, AlexT, whenever I look (more like stare) at my ring. Thanks so much for your kind words.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire|1485048960|4117847 said:
I too, was moved to tears by your post. You have endured more than anyone should have to the past few years. Losing a child is every parent's worst nightmare! I'm glad that you have a loving life partner to share this journey with.

Your ring is beyond stunning! And I'm so jealous of your gorgeous hands! They certainly look decades younger than 50!

Enjoy your ring for many years to come and know that PS is a safe haven for many of us and I hope that the same will hold true for you as well.

Thanks so much, Yennyfire!!! Yes, I'm very lucky to have a wonderful partner who doesn't really get my passion for jewelry but has indulged me nonetheless. Glad my hands don't look my age but my body certainly feels and acts like it's 100+ years old!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
JDDN|1485625600|4121085 said:
Maita, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss and for all that you've endured. Thank goodness you have a wonderful, supportive and loving partner to see you through it. These silly sparklies can be a light in an otherwise dark place. In the grand scheme of things they are frivolous but they are also sentimental and they can lift our spirits. I saw your ring on Caysie's instagram and thought it was magnificent. It looks amazing on your hand!!! All the best to you and your family.

Thanks, JDNN! You're right...It is the gesture behind the sparkles that holds so much more meaning to me.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
december-fire|1485548784|4120772 said:
maita13,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Its clear from your description that you were blessed with an amazing son; the kind of person who makes a positive, enduring impact on those who were fortunate to know him. I have no doubt that he lives forever in the hearts and minds of those who were touched by his kindness and compassion.

What a wonderful partner you have! :))

Your ring is gorgeous! The diamond and setting are stunning! So timeless and elegant. Thank you for sharing your story and ring with us.

december-fire....my son was and is the best person I know. I would like to think he is the best and all that is good in me. I have been very fortunate indeed to have (had) such a son. He is a wonderful, most amazing gift that I don't deserve but am forever grateful to have. Thank you SO much for your kind words

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
PierreBear|1485184485|4118497 said:
As all the others have said, I too am so saddened about the trials you've had to endure. Thanks for sharing such a personal story and of course pictures of your beautiful ring as well. Cheers to you and your partner. Both so strong and loving!

Thank you for listening, PierreBear...and for taking the time to post here.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1485187005|4118526 said:
maita13,

What a beautiful ring...I love Caysie's work!

More importantly, your story really had an impact on me. I can't imagine the process you've had to go through to deal
your new "norm" (I know there is no recovery). You are lucky to have such beautiful people in your life. I wish
you continued healing and hope that the pain of your loss will become easier to manage.

tyty333

Thanks for the good wishes, tyty. i appreciate your kind words.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Apologies for the delayed and piece-mealed responses...been having trouble posting on my own thread but not so much on others (weird!)

I just want everyone to know that I'm feeling your warm hugs, PS community! And I'm smiling right now whilst hugging all of you back!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1485034287|4117716 said:
Magnificent, and well deserved! Congratulations!!!

I've so enjoyed you antique jewelry collection, MadamB...thanks for compliment!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Tekate|1485034067|4117710 said:
Maita, I am so so sorry for the loss of your boy.. I cannot imagine it.. and your journey with your health.. wow.. I don't know if I could be as strong as you.. You are a strong woman.

Your ring.. what can I say? .. it's perfect.. I love step cuts.. I love your setting and it's a knockout.

please know I send you much peace, love and thanks for reminding me that there are people who standup under fire, live and thrive.. wish I could change the past for you, but I'm sure your son knows you love him. and he loves you.

again, thank you and love the ring! and happy birthday!!!! many many more.

:wavey:

Tekate- I don't know if I can be described as a strong woman. Most days I don't even feel like getting up from bed and wished this was and is all just a horrible dream. I SO very much want to have time travel powers to prevent what happened to him from happening. And because of what happened, I lost my faith in people. Ironically, the kindness of strangers helped me deal with this unspeakable tragedy...as you all here on PS are doing for me right now and on those days I couldn't get up. This world is such a crazy place and unfortunately, I am one of the crazy people who lives in it :wall:

Thank you, thank you for your good wishes, Tekate! I sincerely appreciate the gesture and generosity of spirit.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely spirit, great sense of humor (my left kidney :cheeky: ), and a heart felt tribute. Thanks for sharing.

keep well--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. Your ring is stunning. Thank you for sharing photos.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maita - I'm so sorry for what you have lost and been through. And, I'm so glad that your partner and friends helped you make it through the worst of the pain, and to a point where you can start to appreciate the small things in life again.

And as to that ring - WOW! It's classic emerald perfection! What a wonderful reminder of the loves in your life!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal|1485642822|4121270 said:
HI:

Lovely spirit, great sense of humor (my left kidney :cheeky: ), and a heart felt tribute. Thanks for sharing.

keep well--Sharon

Thanks so much, Sharon. My son is known for his fantastic sense of humor. So is my partner. And so I believe my son got it from my partner. Sometimes the ties that bind are not necessarily biological.

On another note, my partner said she's still healing from the kidney operation...that's why I warn her to be careful about eating something sweet. Gotta take care of that other kidney. After all, Valentine's Day is just around the corner :lol:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1485652808|4121309 said:
I am so sorry for your loss. Your ring is stunning. Thank you for sharing photos.

Thank you, Tacori. I've so enjoyed your posts over the years.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1485669829|4121390 said:
Maita - I'm so sorry for what you have lost and been through. And, I'm so glad that your partner and friends helped you make it through the worst of the pain, and to a point where you can start to appreciate the small things in life again.

And as to that ring - WOW! It's classic emerald perfection! What a wonderful reminder of the loves in your life!

VR, I've been fortunate indeed for having such a loving partner and encouraging friends. My son's friends have also been supportive and very loving in their remembrance of their beloved friend. They've done truly amazing things to honor his memory. I am beyond grateful and touched by their awesome gestures of kindness, remembrance and affection. Their actions are a testament to how my son lived his life. Sometimes I cannot believe I am his mother but ALWAYS proud I am.

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring. Thank you for sharing your story. So heartbreaking yet you show incredible strength. I completely understand using Pricescope as a distraction. I too lost a son almost 4 years ago. Unimaginable grief that I have had to learn how to live with. Pricescope was a distraction that I didn't know I needed as weird as it sounds. And I too have something coming from Caysie very soon- a ring with my son's birthstone. Took me a while to figure out what I wanted and Caysie did a beautiful job. Big hugs to you.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
4_cs|1485751562|4121716 said:
What a beautiful ring. Thank you for sharing your story. So heartbreaking yet you show incredible strength. I completely understand using Pricescope as a distraction. I too lost a son almost 4 years ago. Unimaginable grief that I have had to learn how to live with. Pricescope was a distraction that I didn't know I needed as weird as it sounds. And I too have something coming from Caysie very soon- a ring with my son's birthstone. Took me a while to figure out what I wanted and Caysie did a beautiful job. Big hugs to you.

Dear 4_cs,

I know you know at times there simply are no words comforting enough. Just know my heart bleeds with yours.

It's strange that I should find you here. I don't like counting the days since my son left but it'll be also 4 years this year. I'm so glad you're having a ring done by Caysie that's fraught with symbolism. I understand completely what you're going through. I have a necklace I wear everyday that bears his thumb mark. I also wear his clothes and the watch I gave him everyday. This...tragic incident...that happened to our precious children make us unwilling members of a club I loathe and despise. But c'est la vie, as they say (and I hate hearing that sometimes). It's just that I wish it were me instead of him.

But we take what we can get out of life and that impels us to pick up the little crumbs left. That said, I sincerely admire your strength and respect your honesty. Thanks for sharing your story with me, 4_cs. It really means a lot. And I know you'll enjoy Caysie's work especially because it holds so much love and meaning for you. Please know I'm right there standing with you, admiring both your ring (please post when you get it- I would love to see it!!) and strength while hugging you so tight as to say... I know and I'm beyond sorry.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely breathtaking. Enjoy and wear it in your continued good health.

I am so sorry to hear about your dear son.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Appreciate your kind words, MMMD. I adore my ring and enjoy wearing it everyday.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. I just love it. :love:

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the kind words. I've put up a listing on loupe troop if you wish to contact me off the boards.
My ring comes tomorrow and I won't be home. :roll:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
4_cs|1485835625|4122164 said:
Thank you for the kind words. I've put up a listing on loupe troop if you wish to contact me off the boards.
My ring comes tomorrow and I won't be home. :roll:

hahaha, 4_cs! That was cute and clever!!! Sent you a message.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
derbygal|1485817076|4121984 said:
Stunning. I just love it. :love:

Thanks so much , derbygal!!! Caysie did a fantastic job!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results