shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2 ct. Durnell Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, stunning!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beauty!
36.gif

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I love ovals and the setting is sublime!
30.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
The MOST beautiful oval setting I have ever laid eyes on..It is just perfect!
36.gif
9.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
30.gif

congratulations on you newly set ring and i think it''s GORGEOUS! i just adore ovals that are set east-west, and i love that profile! how do you concentrate on anything else with a ring like that?! have you taken it for a drive yet?
31.gif

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Perfection!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I love the profile.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please feel free to add my ring to the halo section, Luckyeshe!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Everyone in Pricescope is soooo nice and complimentary! I have to tell you, I might need to see a physical therapist for my left arm as it seems to be outstretched in front of my eyes (got to watch that while driving for sure)! hehehe

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is STUNNING. The diamond is absolutely beautiful and that setting is amazing! I love everything about it! Wear it in good health!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My new fav here! Simply gorgeous!!

cheers--Sharon

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely AD
emlove.gif
RE your ring !!!! The top view is just stunning and the profile is to die for. You have me second guessing myself. I have a 2.42 oval set east-west in a solitare and I am planning to halo it a la Harry Winston (keeping it east-west), your ring has just added another variation to my thinking.

Do you mind sharing how large the diamonds are in your halo? Also, how thick is the shank? I have a chubby oval and it appears that yours is too. Mine is 1.29 l/w ratio; what''s yours? I never thought I would like chubbies but I DO !!!

One last question, my oval doesn''t have a strong bowtie but I have found that setting it east-west has practically eliminated the bowtie 99% of the time. Do you think that the east-west setting has reduced the appearance of a bow-tie in your diamond (that''s if your oval had one to begin with)?

Sorry for all the questions, but you''ve gotten me soooooo excited. YOUR RING IS GORGEOUS !!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
It is fabulous. I already loved it but then I saw the profile and now I love it more. Congrats on finding the perfect setting!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi blingmyring.

Thank you for your nice comments! The diamonds in the halo are approximately 1 mm in width (not more than that), are D, flawless and have a great cut. They sparkle immensely. I didn’t want a large halo, but something dainty with a minimal amount of metal as I just wanted to highlight my diamond. You are correct, my diamond is the chubbie kind of oval, really “spready” with a ratio of 1.32

The cut on my oval is different from most ovals in that it does not have a bow tie at all and the jewelers in my area have never seen a cut like that. It has a larger number of facets throughout the diamond and looks to be more of a brilliant cut round in appearance. I must say that turning it east-west for some reason has enhanced the brilliant cut look. I am not sure why, but this direction has visually brought out the sparkle pattern more evenly. Your choice of a halo east-west a la Harry Winston sounds absolutely beautiful and I can’t wait to see your finished ring setting choice!

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It looks perfect! The profile is so stunning. Congratulations!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I think thats how a diamond ring should look like. It is stunning!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s just exquisite!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone and setting!!! Wow!!!
30.gif

Enjoy!

Cachette
1.gif

mnice

Rough_Rock
ahhh Kathley - your KILLING ME here! LOL, your ring is soooo gorgoeus!! I too have an 2.11 D diamond that Bridget Durnell is reseting. I also went to every jewler in my area and didnt find anything I wanted so I found her online. Isn''t she great?? I flew about 1000 miles to meet with her and choose a setting and left my diamond on Jan 2. I am soooooo hoping to get it this week. I tweeked one of her current settings to customize it so I think that is why it may be taking longer. When I logged on and saw Durnell I about fainted as you know first hand the agonizing wait. LOL

Yours is simply beautiful, and I have to say, I think you choose the righ designer
emwink.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a gorgeous ring! I have one very similar (CZ, though. Maybe I''ll get a real one someday
2.gif
). Congrats on the pretty!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I love it.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2010 2:41:24 PM
Author: mnice
ahhh Kathley - your KILLING ME here! LOL, your ring is soooo gorgoeus!! I too have an 2.11 D diamond that Bridget Durnell is reseting. I also went to every jewler in my area and didnt find anything I wanted so I found her online. Isn''t she great?? I flew about 1000 miles to meet with her and choose a setting and left my diamond on Jan 2. I am soooooo hoping to get it this week. I tweeked one of her current settings to customize it so I think that is why it may be taking longer. When I logged on and saw Durnell I about fainted as you know first hand the agonizing wait. LOL

Yours is simply beautiful, and I have to say, I think you choose the righ designer
emwink.gif
Oh mnice I know exactly how you feel which is why I mentioned the case of Maalox! I can''t wait to see your ring! I know you will be please with Bridget''s work as she told me that she pays attention to detail to make sure that every ring is perfect. I must say that I did look at my ring with magnification and it really is perfect. I didn''t get the chance to meet her personally, but talking with her on the phone, she struck me as a sincerely nice person who tries very hard to produce a ring that is uniquely yours. She did for me!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very gorgeous!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love ovals set EW!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like it. It''s very unique.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely fabulous!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring - I love how unique the setting is, and it really shows off that stunner of a stone
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, and I love the profile! Wear it in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results