shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2 ct. Durnell Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I too have been lurking for quite some time in search for great advice and ideas for a reset. You see, I had the world’s ugliest setting! I have a 2 ct. D, VVS oval diamond and finding a setting that would look good with this stone was not easy. So, I have visited every jewelry store within a 50-mile radius, and looked at all of the popular magazines for years in search of “the one” setting that would take my breath away. All along my answer was right here in the Pricesope community. I saw a post for a Durnell ring and I was really excited about the particular fluidity of the ring’s style, so I went to www.durnell.com to take a closer look. Wow! The hardest part was to narrow down my choice to at least three. There was not a store that handled the Durnell rings near my home, so I contacted the company. Bridget Durnell returned my call that very same day. And after several emails and calls, I narrowed my ring choice down to two. Bridget provided a sketch of what my diamond would look like in these settings. She also suggested an east-west orientation of my oval diamond. I can honestly say that Bridget “gets it” when it comes to understanding what someone is looking for. I chose the most beautiful setting. The next step was to send my diamond to the Durnell studio so that the jewelers could custom fit my diamond to the hand-made platinum setting. Well this took a great leap of faith from me and my DH as we have never had this diamond out of our sight much less trust a mail service! Again, Bridget and her professional team made this as painless as possible. However, I am sure that we must have driven her crazy with our endless questions and calls. After a case of Maalox later, my ring was finished! I received my ring safely the next day and was so excited I could barely open the box. Wow! I’ll let you decide if this is “the setting” for my diamond. I love it and I am eternally grateful for Pricesope and the patience of Bridget Durnell!
36.gif

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
another view

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
another one

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
another

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!!!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1.gif

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, beautiful! What''s your ring size? Such great finger coverage.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1.gif

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! My ring size is 6.25

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Greetings!

I visited B Durnell site several times, and is almost impossible to chose just one
31.gif
...lol
Congratulations your ring is beautiful, unique!
36.gif

Wear such precious and gorgeous ring in good health.

Hugs

Monica

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Monica!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 8:22:31 PM
Author: kathley
another one
This is a stunning photo! Gorgeous ring! Wear it in good health!

eyue

Rough_Rock
This is a great great ring! Her stuff is so unique and gorgeous. Will you be wearing a band with that?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Your setting and diamond are just beautiful!!!! I am looking to reset my oval and just fell in love with your setting!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty
30.gif
30.gif

Your new setting suits your stone just perfectly! Congratulations
9.gif
10.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yowza! that''s a sparkler!! congratulations!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
When I look at your ring, the word that comes to mind is DAZZLING! It''s wonderfully beautiful!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
POW! That ring is amazing!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
so beautiful! Congrats!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! The profile is amazing and I LOVE the E-W setting!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! I love ovals, love E-W settings and the glamorous simplicity of this ring. i would love to see it with a wedding band if you plan to wear one with it.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous ring!

Congrats!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind resonses! I have such short fingers that I was thinking I would keep this as a stand alone ring. However, a nice feature about this setting is that it is made where you can put a wedding ring flush next to it.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your diamond is absolutely beautiful and I think you picked a gorgeous setting for it. Thanks for sharing pics and enjoy your new ring.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
wowser
36.gif
30.gif
that ring is a knock-out
30.gif
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!! The gallery is simply divine!!!!! Congrats on a beautiful reset!!!

Would you mind if I add your ring to the halos collection?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring. I just checked out the Durnell site, and I have to agree with you...you did choose the most beatiful setting.
3.gif

Enjoy your ring, and thanks for the pictures.
36.gif

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful... so sparkly. It looks like it belongs to a celeb bc its soo HUGE!
18.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring and the love E-W orientation! The oval is gorgeous with no visible bow-tie. Enjoy your beautiful new ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results