shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2 carat CBI diamond, set in a custom setting made by Durham Rose Jewellers, UK.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oops was in such a hurry to post and I’m on my phone, I didn’t scan down! Off now to see the pics!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is exquisite!!! :love::love::love: I think you chose the perfect width! And I absolutely love the special engraving as well - just as sweet as your adorable little Westie! :kiss2:

Yes my Westie was the most adorable of adorables! :kiss2: And thank you, I am very happy with the width. With my previous ring I was always annoyed at how disproportionate the band was to the central diamond so it's lovely I got it correct this time! Phew. Thank you! :geek2:

Very beautiful! :love:

Thanks @ceg!

What a lovely and moving tribute to Eric @Lykame! And a rather brilliant idea too! I'm so happy your thrilled with your CBI, I know the feeling well.

Yes! It took me a long time to find exactly the right kind of paw to use as a tribute. It had to have the correct proportions for a small dog and also the bottom part of the paw has a very subtle sense of a heart shape. It's perfect! And the CBI is phenomenal. Really happy with it.

You are such a sweetheart! I loved your story, every word. Such a heartfelt, genuine tale.

Your ring looks gorgeous. I can’t wait to see it happily in your hand.

Awww thank you @angeline, that made me smile! It's been such a long journey to get to this point and I have enjoyed sharing it. And I saw that you saw there were some more pictures. :kiss2: I will have to work on that at some point with some better ones. :geek2:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm failing miserably at taking good photos of my ring, it's so frustrating. I need sunlight I think and it's the evening here so haven't got that. Grr. Also I'm just pants at taking photos, I even tried with my camera but for that I think I need a tripod....

Went to pick up my ring today. :D Was delightful to see Faye, she remains the most glorious human being. The ongoing story of the ring remains complicated, but I'm being treated so well! I'm going to post a few photos of the ring here, but better photos will take some time because work will get in the way. Booooo.

IMG_20190501_192640__01.jpg IMG_20190501_201535__01.jpg IMG_20190501_201609__01.jpg

I just had the share. Time away from the CBI has actually made me appreciate it more, it is a thing of outstanding beauty. I cannot get over the fact that it is mine. It's crazy. Wow.

Anyway, that's what I have for now and I'll have to try again in sunlight. Might be a few days. I know these photos are pants, really sorry, but it was either these or nothing. :cry2: If only I could photograph what my eyes see, the arrows are currently singing at me!

It is gorgeous and welcome to the CBI family.
If you have not already done so, please post in the SMTB CBI thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...y-infinity-diamond.150001/page-8#post-4540865

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! Congrats - we will be waiting for more pictures!!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks beautiful and the stone amazing. And count me as another who’s very pleased to hear about a UK-based setting option!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! You must be over the moon! Looking forward to more pics :appl:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
So I'm failing miserably at taking good photos of my ring, it's so frustrating. I need sunlight I think and it's the evening here so haven't got that. Grr. Also I'm just pants at taking photos, I even tried with my camera but for that I think I need a tripod....

Went to pick up my ring today. :D Was delightful to see Faye, she remains the most glorious human being. The ongoing story of the ring remains complicated, but I'm being treated so well! I'm going to post a few photos of the ring here, but better photos will take some time because work will get in the way. Booooo.

IMG_20190501_192640__01.jpg IMG_20190501_201535__01.jpg IMG_20190501_201609__01.jpg

I just had the share. Time away from the CBI has actually made me appreciate it more, it is a thing of outstanding beauty. I cannot get over the fact that it is mine. It's crazy. Wow.

Anyway, that's what I have for now and I'll have to try again in sunlight. Might be a few days. I know these photos are pants, really sorry, but it was either these or nothing. :cry2: If only I could photograph what my eyes see, the arrows are currently singing at me!

Your ring is just gorgeous! The setting is TDF - love the 6 prongs with ideal melee and all you see is sparkle! Your diamond is stunning and I am so happy for you that you are so happy! Wear in joy, love and health!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your diamond is a fireball and her throne is fabulous. What a great ring. Please do share more photos. Congratulations, and, I, too, enjoyed your post!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous and welcome to the CBI family.
If you have not already done so, please post in the SMTB CBI thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...y-infinity-diamond.150001/page-8#post-4540865

Thanks @cflutist! When I have some better pictures I will do that! Looking forward to you adding your new E diamond in your trilogy ring to... Everywhere! Too! :lol:

Your ring is beautiful! Congrats - we will be waiting for more pictures!!

Yes! Not sure how long it will be. I do understand why people take so many photos with flowers and things, it somehow seems to make capturing the beauty of a diamond through a camera lense a bit easier. My hand shots inside over a carpet or whatever aren't quite doing it justice! :lol:

Your ring looks beautiful and the stone amazing. And count me as another who’s very pleased to hear about a UK-based setting option!

@lissyflo I have been taken very well care of! Very interesting office to go visit, too. I think the majority of their customers do everything distance based, but it's worth a visit! It's honestly like going to visit some sort of start up science based company rather than a jewellers, personally for me that was right up my street and so cool!

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! You must be over the moon! Looking forward to more pics :appl:

@junebug17 Thank you! I would say I'm over the moon but it's more like I'm over the sun what with the amount of sparkle and fire this ring has.

... Ok that was really cheesy I know. Couldn't resist. :oops2:

Your ring is just gorgeous! The setting is TDF - love the 6 prongs with ideal melee and all you see is sparkle! Your diamond is stunning and I am so happy for you that you are so happy! Wear in joy, love and health!

@bling_dream19, you know that was totally my aim, from the top down view I wanted a wall of sparkle rather than really any metalwork, and I have that. It was the one thing I also loved about my previous ring. Was a bit worried to lose that aspect of a diamond ring so I am so delighted that I still have that in all its sparkling glory!

Wow, your diamond is a fireball and her throne is fabulous. What a great ring. Please do share more photos. Congratulations, and, I, too, enjoyed your post!

@apacherose thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed my post, I have really enjoyed sharing the journey too! When I'm able, I'll definitely share more photos. :D

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is GORGEOUS and absolute perfection!!! I love the way it looks on your hand. And I read every word on all your threads! Reading about your journey was as enjoyable as seeing your beautiful ring, and I had to go and comb through old threads again to see what finger size you wear so I could use your pics for reference lol!!

Enjoy your gorgeous ring in good health!!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo I have been taken very well care of! Very interesting office to go visit, too. I think the majority of their customers do everything distance based, but it's worth a visit! It's honestly like going to visit some sort of start up science based company rather than a jewellers, personally for me that was right up my street and so cool!

Do you think they might be interested in hosting a UK GTG, if we could plan enough people and far enough in advance for people to commit?! They seem to be the only UK trade involvement in PS.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is GORGEOUS and absolute perfection!!! I love the way it looks on your hand. And I read every word on all your threads! Reading about your journey was as enjoyable as seeing your beautiful ring, and I had to go and comb through old threads again to see what finger size you wear so I could use your pics for reference lol!!

Enjoy your gorgeous ring in good health!!

Oh my gosh @Crystal_Dreams you've made me blush! That will have been a lot of words, oh dear. :oops2: I'm glad you've enjoyed it however, I do actually really enjoy writing/documenting things in this way, it's satisfying. Perhaps even a bit like therapy, one might wonder?

My ring size is a J and a half using UK sizes. I haven't really figured out what that translates to with American sizes, to be honest, despite looking a few times. J and a half is a tiiiiny bit loose on me (just barely) but I like a ring that spins a little bit (that probably drives everyone else nuts) and it's snug over my knuckle, so it's safe.

Do you think they might be interested in hosting a UK GTG, if we could plan enough people and far enough in advance for people to commit?! They seem to be the only UK trade involvement in PS.

Oooh @lissyflo that's an excellent question and I have no idea. I'll ask Faye!!! :lol:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@lissyflo I emailed Faye about it! :geek2: I don't know how feasible it will be for them (which I'm saying so I don't put them under any pressure if that's not something they're able to do) but Faye is very happy to look into it!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo I emailed Faye about it! :geek2: I don't know how feasible it will be for them (which I'm saying so I don't put them under any pressure if that's not something they're able to do) but Faye is very happy to look into it!

Fantastic - fingers crossed!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of very quick snaps as I was rushing to work! Sorry if they're a bit grainy. I just can't get over how amazing the light performance of this stone is, it's never disappointing.

IMG_20190505_073726__01.jpg

IMG_20190505_073702__01.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
It's not a sunny day here, but this is the first day I have had my ring and not been at work. I've been able to actually crack out my [black cased] camera and have enjoyed the pleasure of paying my ring some attention. I've selected a few photos; I'm not the best photo taker, but it was interesting as actually so many of my photos were actually pretty cool! I don't think that has anything to do with my photo taking abilities - it has everything to do with how outstanding the light performance on this diamond is.

P1050752.jpg P1050748.jpg

The faceting on this diamond is to die for, I can't believe it.

P1050765.jpg P1050743.jpg P1050708.jpg

And finally a close up of the faceting. Honestly guys, it's unreal. The lines of light are so CRISP. It's crazy! They are so intricate and complicated and crisp and yet my LGFs are 76% so there's still something really chunky about them too. I LOVE this diamond! I know this last picture is really zoomed in, but I can see this type of play of light ALL THE TIME and it's AWESOME. Obviously most of the time there's not a black camera case being additionally reflected in the facetting but I think this still demonstrates what I mean quite well. My previous diamond was nothing like this at all.

P1050723.jpg

:love::love::love:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an Absolutely amazing diamond and setting. I love the roomy six prong, love the way you can see the entire stone. The Basket you chose makes the diamond look even bigger than it is. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and wear your ring in good health.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
What a journey! Beautiful ring and beautiful dog! :love: I hope this ring brings you many years of happiness!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
What an Absolutely amazing diamond and setting. I love the roomy six prong, love the way you can see the entire stone. The Basket you chose makes the diamond look even bigger than it is. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and wear your ring in good health.

@LightBright, thank you very much! :D I love the fact that the whole diamond floats in the setting too, and interesting what you say about the basket making the stone look bigger, hadn't thought of that.

What a journey! Beautiful ring and beautiful dog! :love: I hope this ring brings you many years of happiness!

@JrJ, thank you! Yeah my dog was freakingly beautiful huh. His great grandfather won Crufts! My dog was never bred to be a show doggie though, just to be a wonderful family pet. And he was awesome.

I have to be honest, because I will start to feel deceptive otherwise - there are some structural issues with this ring too that are essentially identical to the first ring. Unfortunately it looks like it's a design problem (i.e. the physics of ring making!!!), which Durham Rose and myself have only figured out after two attempts at making this ring. It's purposely not easy to spot in these pictures. I will go into it in more detail perhaps a bit later, but Durham Rose are being absolutely outstanding at dealing with this issue. Having read many threads where jewellers essentially laugh in your face and walk away, I could not be happier with the way this is being handled by Faye and Durham Rose. They have my business for life.

Having said that, it doesn't mean I am not still thoroughly enjoying this ring and the diamond whilst we figure out what the solution is. And because Durham Rose have been so amazing, I'm not at all angry or bothered - I know it will get resolved even if it doesn't end up being quite the same design as it currently is. Because I am fully on board with @LightBright that this basket is awesome at showcasing this diamond, I am just really enjoying this version of the ring whilst I have it.

Redsparrow

Rough_Rock
Hi @Lykame

I’m purchasing a CBI diamond with very similar specs to yours and really LOVE the setting you created! I was hoping to get a bit more info about the details you worked w Durham Rose because I will actually be purchasing a customized one thru HPD.

Did you have the basket or prongs modified to thin? I love the valleys of the basket and being able to see the diamond from the side angles- but do you see any tint of color from here or does it still look white/sparkly?

Is it set as medium or high profile?
Does the ring sit flushed to the basket? In one of the photos there seems to be a lil gap of space but idk if it’s the angle of photo

And what other structural issues did you say you had w the diamond? Did it ever get fixed after all?

So sorry for all the million of questions! I’ve been researching on PriceScope countless hours and fell in love with your ring!! It’s BEAUTIFUL and just trying to get tips from a fellow PSEr on how to build mine hehe :twirl:

TIA!!!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
It's not a sunny day here, but this is the first day I have had my ring and not been at work. I've been able to actually crack out my [black cased] camera and have enjoyed the pleasure of paying my ring some attention. I've selected a few photos; I'm not the best photo taker, but it was interesting as actually so many of my photos were actually pretty cool! I don't think that has anything to do with my photo taking abilities - it has everything to do with how outstanding the light performance on this diamond is.

P1050752.jpg P1050748.jpg

The faceting on this diamond is to die for, I can't believe it.

P1050765.jpg P1050743.jpg P1050708.jpg

And finally a close up of the faceting. Honestly guys, it's unreal. The lines of light are so CRISP. It's crazy! They are so intricate and complicated and crisp and yet my LGFs are 76% so there's still something really chunky about them too. I LOVE this diamond! I know this last picture is really zoomed in, but I can see this type of play of light ALL THE TIME and it's AWESOME. Obviously most of the time there's not a black camera case being additionally reflected in the facetting but I think this still demonstrates what I mean quite well. My previous diamond was nothing like this at all.

P1050723.jpg

:love::love::love:

Just absolutely stunning, @Lykame !!! Congrats!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love happy and gorgeous endings. Your CBI diamond is gorgeous and your ring turned out beautiful. What a wonderful treasure!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Lykame

I’m purchasing a CBI diamond with very similar specs to yours and really LOVE the setting you created! I was hoping to get a bit more info about the details you worked w Durham Rose because I will actually be purchasing a customized one thru HPD.

Did you have the basket or prongs modified to thin? I love the valleys of the basket and being able to see the diamond from the side angles- but do you see any tint of color from here or does it still look white/sparkly?

Is it set as medium or high profile?
Does the ring sit flushed to the basket? In one of the photos there seems to be a lil gap of space but idk if it’s the angle of photo

And what other structural issues did you say you had w the diamond? Did it ever get fixed after all?

So sorry for all the million of questions! I’ve been researching on PriceScope countless hours and fell in love with your ring!! It’s BEAUTIFUL and just trying to get tips from a fellow PSEr on how to build mine hehe :twirl:

TIA!!!

@Redsparrow :geek2: Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I feel so honoured. I'll do my best to answer them to the best of my ability!!!

Firstly, what a small world this always ends up being. I originally approached HPD rather than Durham Rose, and Melissa was just awesome, but because America is so far away, Melissa kindly referred me to Faye and Durham Rose and I was so lucky for that. So it's really sweet that you're now looking at my ring and hoping HPD can support you with that process - and I have every faith that they will do a stellar job!

Have you seen my thread with the CADs in? It is this one. Obviously, I chose option number 2! :kiss2:

I am not 100% sure I know what you mean about the prongs being modified to thin? I really have loved having the diamond on full display whilst being in a six prong setting (which would normally tend to obscure quite a lot of the pavilion).

You need to know that I am exceptionally colour sensitive, and also previously believed I was colour intolerant. CBIs are a thing of beauty and so actually I am much more colour tolerant than I would have otherwise expected. I feel it's important to say that to put my experience into perspective for you. Therefore don't be surprised when I say I can quite easily see the tint from the side. Having said that, I also appreciate that although I can easily see it, it's really subtle and I only 'notice' it only very occasionally. It certainly doesn't impact on my enjoyment of the diamond or the setting or the side view, and in many lighting environments it's impossible to see at all.

I'm about to use various terms for the ring:
Obviously there's the top down view.
Then there's the view from the front or back side when the ring looks like an o from the side.
Then there's the sideways side view when the ring looks like an i, and you don't see metal along the pavé. Hopefully that makes the following more clear.

Are you asking about the culet and the diamond within the basket? I specifically asked to have the culet just visible for when I was looking through the sideways side view of the ring, so the diamond does 'float' in the setting. In reality what this meant was that from the sideways side the culet is barely visible (but definitely visible) and there was no obvious 'gap', but from front or back side, or any oblique angle, the space around the diamond was more. This was furthered by the fact that the internal angles of the prongs were curved on the inside.

That does mean that the diamond definitely isn't set low. But I don't think the diamond is set high, either. My previous 1.65 was set about as low as you can possibly get and I didn't hit that on things - I don't hit this on things either.

The structural issues! That's quite complicated but hopefully doesn't make you reconsider too much!

I really didn't want an upper gallery (the band on many rings that runs close to the diamond girdle on a lot of settings, to sort of hold the prongs in place). I also didn't want a lower gallery (a doughnut, for example). I also wanted the part of the ring that was underneath the diamond to be the same height as the rest of the band (in my case, I wanted the band to be about 1.8mm tall so it was comfortable, and therefore the metal under the culet was also 1.8mm tall). I also wanted no element of the ring to be cathedral in nature.

I didn't ask for much, huh.

It appears that the reason that in my many many hours of searching I had never encountered a ring that met those very specific criteria (perhaps somewhat obviously) was that it's actually really difficult to make a ring that meets that criteria but also doesn't suffer from structural issues. Faye and I have had some amazing conversations about this (as in genuinely amazing).

To try and simplify it for here, prongs have pivot points. If you have a long unsupported prong, with not a lot of support at its base (basically what I wanted), the prong's pivot point is really low and the prong will pivot on that point when it's being manipulated. So basically, both times the ring was made, the prongs came out somewhat wonky, and that led to the diamond sitting in the prongs at a tilt. The first time around it was really obvious, the ring essentially looked windswept from multiple angles. The second time around it was still obvious but definitely better. It certainly didn't appear to be a question of workmanship - it was more a structural and physics issue.

I (by I, I mean Durham Rose) have had to basically redesign the ring a little to try and remove this problem. As I really don't want the upper gallery, we have added some metal to the base of the prongs so that they are more fully in the cement, as it were. That should make the pivot point higher up and stop the tilting from happening. It's a compromise but it is going to be awesome.

It will mean the culet is more buried into the setting, but I have asked for it to still be visible, even though it won't be quite as visible. I'm due to get the third version next week. :mrgreen2: Third time lucky?

Honestly, I did really love this setting that I have photographed above. It was pretty awesome so I understand why you also love it. Could another bench manage it? I would have faith in the HPD bench - but I would also think there are certain physics laws you can't change. Perhaps if you wanted your band to be a bit taller (mine was only 1.8mm tall) or if you wanted a little bit of a cathedral on the metal of the band so that it rose up a little as it got closer to the prongs, that would allow you to have a nearly identical ring but without the windswept look. :lol:

I'm sure if you show HPD what you like about the ring they would be able to modify it in a way that suits your tastes fully and is structurally sound. I would love to be tagged into the finished result!!! Certainly I will be updating with my new version, which I am very excited about.

I hope that helps. Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions. Also again I really must say that Durham Rose have been absolutely outstanding throughout this process. Adore them.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Just absolutely stunning, @Lykame !!! Congrats!!!

Awwww thanks! I am super lucky to have such beautiful jewellery. :)

I love happy and gorgeous endings. Your CBI diamond is gorgeous and your ring turned out beautiful. What a wonderful treasure!

Thanks so much @marcy, it is certainly gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous - I cannot wait until I can get to the point where I can add a matching band... I think Faye may have a nervous breakdown at that point, however. :lol::lol::lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congrats! :clap:. CBI are the best!. I'm biased ...:wink2:

Redsparrow

Rough_Rock
@Redsparrow :geek2: Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I feel so honoured. I'll do my best to answer them to the best of my ability!!!

Firstly, what a small world this always ends up being. I originally approached HPD rather than Durham Rose, and Melissa was just awesome, but because America is so far away, Melissa kindly referred me to Faye and Durham Rose and I was so lucky for that. So it's really sweet that you're now looking at my ring and hoping HPD can support you with that process - and I have every faith that they will do a stellar job!

Have you seen my thread with the CADs in? It is this one. Obviously, I chose option number 2! :kiss2:

I am not 100% sure I know what you mean about the prongs being modified to thin? I really have loved having the diamond on full display whilst being in a six prong setting (which would normally tend to obscure quite a lot of the pavilion).

You need to know that I am exceptionally colour sensitive, and also previously believed I was colour intolerant. CBIs are a thing of beauty and so actually I am much more colour tolerant than I would have otherwise expected. I feel it's important to say that to put my experience into perspective for you. Therefore don't be surprised when I say I can quite easily see the tint from the side. Having said that, I also appreciate that although I can easily see it, it's really subtle and I only 'notice' it only very occasionally. It certainly doesn't impact on my enjoyment of the diamond or the setting or the side view, and in many lighting environments it's impossible to see at all.

I'm about to use various terms for the ring:
Obviously there's the top down view.
Then there's the view from the front or back side when the ring looks like an o from the side.
Then there's the sideways side view when the ring looks like an i, and you don't see metal along the pavé. Hopefully that makes the following more clear.

Are you asking about the culet and the diamond within the basket? I specifically asked to have the culet just visible for when I was looking through the sideways side view of the ring, so the diamond does 'float' in the setting. In reality what this meant was that from the sideways side the culet is barely visible (but definitely visible) and there was no obvious 'gap', but from front or back side, or any oblique angle, the space around the diamond was more. This was furthered by the fact that the internal angles of the prongs were curved on the inside.

That does mean that the diamond definitely isn't set low. But I don't think the diamond is set high, either. My previous 1.65 was set about as low as you can possibly get and I didn't hit that on things - I don't hit this on things either.

The structural issues! That's quite complicated but hopefully doesn't make you reconsider too much!

I really didn't want an upper gallery (the band on many rings that runs close to the diamond girdle on a lot of settings, to sort of hold the prongs in place). I also didn't want a lower gallery (a doughnut, for example). I also wanted the part of the ring that was underneath the diamond to be the same height as the rest of the band (in my case, I wanted the band to be about 1.8mm tall so it was comfortable, and therefore the metal under the culet was also 1.8mm tall). I also wanted no element of the ring to be cathedral in nature.

I didn't ask for much, huh.

It appears that the reason that in my many many hours of searching I had never encountered a ring that met those very specific criteria (perhaps somewhat obviously) was that it's actually really difficult to make a ring that meets that criteria but also doesn't suffer from structural issues. Faye and I have had some amazing conversations about this (as in genuinely amazing).

To try and simplify it for here, prongs have pivot points. If you have a long unsupported prong, with not a lot of support at its base (basically what I wanted), the prong's pivot point is really low and the prong will pivot on that point when it's being manipulated. So basically, both times the ring was made, the prongs came out somewhat wonky, and that led to the diamond sitting in the prongs at a tilt. The first time around it was really obvious, the ring essentially looked windswept from multiple angles. The second time around it was still obvious but definitely better. It certainly didn't appear to be a question of workmanship - it was more a structural and physics issue.

I (by I, I mean Durham Rose) have had to basically redesign the ring a little to try and remove this problem. As I really don't want the upper gallery, we have added some metal to the base of the prongs so that they are more fully in the cement, as it were. That should make the pivot point higher up and stop the tilting from happening. It's a compromise but it is going to be awesome.

It will mean the culet is more buried into the setting, but I have asked for it to still be visible, even though it won't be quite as visible. I'm due to get the third version next week. :mrgreen2: Third time lucky?

Honestly, I did really love this setting that I have photographed above. It was pretty awesome so I understand why you also love it. Could another bench manage it? I would have faith in the HPD bench - but I would also think there are certain physics laws you can't change. Perhaps if you wanted your band to be a bit taller (mine was only 1.8mm tall) or if you wanted a little bit of a cathedral on the metal of the band so that it rose up a little as it got closer to the prongs, that would allow you to have a nearly identical ring but without the windswept look. :lol:

I'm sure if you show HPD what you like about the ring they would be able to modify it in a way that suits your tastes fully and is structurally sound. I would love to be tagged into the finished result!!! Certainly I will be updating with my new version, which I am very excited about.

I hope that helps. Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions. Also again I really must say that Durham Rose have been absolutely outstanding throughout this process. Adore them.

Thank you so much for being so helpful and thoughtful in your response! It is very useful and help put me at ease as I’ve been searching thru many forums and photos online. I just love how dainty and elegant looking your diamond looks on your hand! You did a fabulous job on your design!!

HPD has provided me with a solitaire render that looks most similar. I’m trying to decide if I want the shank to be tapered to a 2mm near the head or a uniform 2.2mm width all around. I also did request for a knife edge after getting some inspiration from Tiffany’s hehe. I like the idea of seeing the culet, maybe I can make that suggestion as well. I purposely did not opt for a cathedral because I love the simplicity look but will take your word of advice to have the pivot point up a tad higher to stabilize/cement the diamond :)

upload_2019-6-16_2-31-12.jpeg

upload_2019-6-16_2-31-28.jpeg

Good luck on your revisions and I just have a feeling it will turn out beautifully! I definitely think we should post our final products :)

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for being so helpful and thoughtful in your response! It is very useful and help put me at ease as I’ve been searching thru many forums and photos online. I just love how dainty and elegant looking your diamond looks on your hand! You did a fabulous job on your design!!

HPD has provided me with a solitaire render that looks most similar. I’m trying to decide if I want the shank to be tapered to a 2mm near the head or a uniform 2.2mm width all around. I also did request for a knife edge after getting some inspiration from Tiffany’s hehe. I like the idea of seeing the culet, maybe I can make that suggestion as well. I purposely did not opt for a cathedral because I love the simplicity look but will take your word of advice to have the pivot point up a tad higher to stabilize/cement the diamond :)

upload_2019-6-16_2-31-12.jpeg

upload_2019-6-16_2-31-28.jpeg

Good luck on your revisions and I just have a feeling it will turn out beautifully! I definitely think we should post our final products :)

Thank you again for your kind words! How large is your diamond? A small taper will look wonderful. I would have done it for a solitaire but didn't want to do it with pavé.

Your rendering is lovely! You won't have the same pivot problems I have had I don't think! Your shank gets taller as it goes towards the central stone, do you see? There's quite a lot of metal therefore at the base of your diamond that will strengthen the prongs. If you imagine taking the head of that out and just putting it into a flat band, that's the look I wanted and that's why there were problems. I think your ring will be glorious! I especially like the knife edge.

Looking forward to your thread on your finished product, you should share your final cads as well as the ring! Super exciting!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring turned out beautiful! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results