shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2.44ct J SI1 HPD/CBI NY Classic solitaire story!

EEM

Rough_Rock
With our 10 year anniversary approaching, my husband suggested an upgrade but I was hopeful that changing up my 4-prong trellis setting would bring my 2.13 ct RB diamond to life. I looked at halo settings, three stone settings, open 4-prong settings, and everything in between. Truly, I loved them all yet was always drawn to a classic 6-prong setting. Enter PS and the Vatche U-113. I began looking for retailers to contact and HPD was amongst them. Initially, I spoke w/Melissa and later Layla and both were responsive and informative. They never made me feel my EGL graded diamond was 'lesser than' and were willing to work with us on resetting and/or upgrading. Layla walked us through trade-in inquiries with the original diamond retailer and provided us with an invaluable education along the way. We felt as though we had a subject matter diamond expert at our disposal who was advocating for US absent any push for a sale. She had gained our trust.

So, we shipped my ring to Wink for his evaluation. It was good news in that my EGL diamond may have been poorly cut, yet was a G/H, VSI/VS2. I wanted my diamond to sparkle and sing and we came to the realization that the limiting factor wasn’t the setting, but rather the cut. Wink offered us a reasonable trade-in should we elect to pursue, while Layla identified what she termed a “unicorn” diamond…larger spread, CBI cut, and within our modest budget given the J color and SI1 clarity due to twinning wisps. Given HPD and their staff had been a wealth of information from the start, we decided now was no time to stop trusting in them so we decided to move forward.

Layla provided an array of setting options and CADs and, ultimately, we elected to go with the NY Classic. I knew I wanted prongs just like that of cflutist’s Trilogie ring! Now, the wait began.

We had high expectations. With that said, when we finally opened the little box and saw the HPD NY solitaire...all were exceeded. I'm not sure how to adequately relay but every detail was simply perfect. My 10 year anniversary ring was so much more delicate and exquisite from every angle than I even envisioned. And the sparkle goes without saying. I’m so excited with every aspect of my diamond and ring…it’s truly perfect for me.

Throughout the process, Layla and Wink were also the epitome of excellence in customer service and demonstrated a business ethic that is rare today. We are so grateful for this 10 year milestone & celebration and for the role they played in making it so special. Thank you to the all the PSer’s for such an informative forum which served as an invaluable resource for novice/laypersons such as ourselves. And, of course, a huge ‘thank you’ to HPD/CBI, Wink, Layla, Melissa, and Jamie.

Here are some photos of my 2.44ct J SI1…I am so proud to wear it!!

HPD1.jpg HPD3.jpg HPD5.jpg HPD6.jpg HPD7.jpg HPD8.jpg HPD10.jpg HPD2.jpg HPD4.jpg

Last edited:

EEM

Rough_Rock
2.44 ct J SI1

Measurements: 8.67 – 8/69 x 5.33 mm

Table Size: 55.8%

Total Depth: 61.4%

Pavilion Angle: 40.7

Crown Angle: 34.5

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely smashed it!! :love::love:

Congratulations on 10 years!

How are you wearing the two bands? Can you show a picture of the full set on your hand?

Reactions: EEM

EEM

Rough_Rock

How are you wearing the two bands? Can you show a picture of the full set on your hand?

Thank you!
I originally planned to wear both, but prefer one! I'm at work right now but will grab a pic at home later of the two!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!!!! Awesome upgrade! :love::love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite look!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Beautiful on your hand!! Congrats and enjoy!!

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock
Absolutely stunning, I love the prongs! Congrats on 10 years!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Your ring is just beautiful and I love the setting as well. It looks perfect with your band!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on 10 years!:clap: Beautiful ring! :love:. HPD service are the best.:dance:

EEM

Rough_Rock

EEM

Rough_Rock

I added a couple of pics w/both eternity bands...let me know your thoughts if you have a minute!! Thanks!

mk206

Rough_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness these are so gorgeous, EEM!! My fiancé and I had an amazing experience working with Wink and Melissa as well, and we are working with them again on a couple of special things! I actually saw what must have been your ring posted to their Instagram account this morning and was BLOWN away by how white that J color diamond is! And every time I see their NY Classic setting I feel more and more that it is truly the best 6 prong solitaire out there. One of the projects we are working on is actually a diamond wedding band just like yours! Were these two bands ones that you custom-designed with them? Do you mind me asking the mm thickness of them? The band I am starting to work with Melissa on may be a very similar style!

Totally gorgeous set, congratulations!!!!

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phenomenal

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 10th! Gorgeous set. :love:

EEM

Rough_Rock
I love them! I think they look better together rather than sandwiching your beautiful solitaire, but wow! What a set!

Aw, thank you! You are too kind. And, I agree...prefer either the single or the 2 stacked vs. the sandwich! Thanks for sharing your opinion...I really appreciate it!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congrats!

EEM

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness these are so gorgeous, EEM!! My fiancé and I had an amazing experience working with Wink and Melissa as well, and we are working with them again on a couple of special things! I actually saw what must have been your ring posted to their Instagram account this morning and was BLOWN away by how white that J color diamond is! And every time I see their NY Classic setting I feel more and more that it is truly the best 6 prong solitaire out there. One of the projects we are working on is actually a diamond wedding band just like yours! Were these two bands ones that you custom-designed with them? Do you mind me asking the mm thickness of them? The band I am starting to work with Melissa on may be a very similar style!

Totally gorgeous set, congratulations!!!!

Oh, that's so great to hear and great to be able to place your trust in them w/such important/large purchases. Puts the mind at ease, for sure. I agree...think the J is incredibly white and wasn't fully anticipating that...I had braced myself for yellow tint but, I just can't see it. And, I'm w/you on the NY Classic setting...perfectly delicate and perfectly finished. I just love the lines of it too! Wouldn't change a thing.

So exciting on your projects and can't wait to see them! My husband actually purchased the bands through HOF (Hearts on Fire). They are Multiplicity bands...3mm and 2mm; G/H and VS/SI1. I know yours will turn out awesome coming from HPD...will look forward to your updates and post!! Thanks again!!

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow- love the presence of the stone on your hand! Would you mind taking a picture of the setting on your finger from the side? Do you feel like it sits high or low on the finger?

I also think that having the two bands together and the ring on top looks super chic!!! I love that the two bands are slightly different yet complementary.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
5BEC1EB1-89F6-46E0-BEB1-68784BA12D83.jpeg 5B8C875E-F0AB-4460-ADD4-EC91D853BBCB.jpeg
Here are the two bands...thoughts?
I love it with 2 bands! Really beautiful 6 prong setting and gorgeous diamond! Congratulations on 10 years :clap:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, your new CBI stone is just gorgeous, and Wink and Layla never disappoint! Enjoy every second with this new beauty, and congratulations on your anniversary!

EEM

Rough_Rock
I love it with 2 bands! Really beautiful 6 prong setting and gorgeous diamond! Congratulations on 10 years :clap:

Thank you for your sweet comments! I'm starting to like the 2 bands stacked more and more! Just didn't want to take it too far and overdo it!! Appreciate your thoughts!

EEM

Rough_Rock
Wow, your new CBI stone is just gorgeous, and Wink and Layla never disappoint! Enjoy every second with this new beauty, and congratulations on your anniversary!

Thank you and I agree...it was refreshing to get to work w/them!

EEM

Rough_Rock
hpd12.jpg
Wow- love the presence of the stone on your hand! Would you mind taking a picture of the setting on your finger from the side? Do you feel like it sits high or low on the finger?

I also think that having the two bands together and the ring on top looks super chic!!! I love that the two bands are slightly different yet complementary.

Sure, here you go. I certainly don't possess the expertise of most of those on PS, but to me it sits perfectly...not too high, nor too low. I previously had a trellis setting and was worried I'd be banging it all over the place but that hasn't been the case and it doesn't necessarily sit any higher as best I can tell.

And, thanks for your input on the double bands! I was worried it was too much or take away from my diamond, but you are making me re-think that! I may just wear both tomorrow!! Let me know what you think of the profile!! View attachment 683955

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is such a beautiful set--and what a treat to enjoy such excellent customer service--it makes the item even more special to also have such wonderful 'retailer' memories!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Simply gorgeous EEM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results