shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2.02 ct Radiant Cut Diamond Reset into East-West Solitaire Pendant!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! I just received this gorgeous solitaire necklace in the mail from Wink at High Performance Diamonds! I decided to take my 2.02 ct F VS2 radiant cut stone out of its old three-stone ring setting and give it a new life. For numerous reasons the three-stone ring had been sitting in a safe deposit box for 13 years. I picked that radiant cut stone long before I discovered Pricescope. Back then I really did not know much about diamonds except that I am color-sensitive and prioritize high color over super high clarity. While my radiant stone always looked dazzling white, it tended to appear one dimensional. As a three-stone ring, the radiant was accompanied by two princess side stones that I think were a bit too large for it and didn't let the center stone stand out. The whole thing just looked a bit "messy" visually- like lots of tiny bits of crushed ice. I consulted a few firms about selling the piece but I would have lost a whopping 50% of its value. Now I'm so glad I didn't sell and finally commenced this necklace project. The radiant being by itself in this solitaire setting looks so much better and bigger! It will always have that bright white, crushed ice look and lack the fire of an ideal cut round brilliant, but I think it makes for a gorgeous and substantial necklace. I am loving the east-west orientation of the setting, too. THANK YOU to Wink and Layla for this wonderful reset!

IMG-2525.jpg 0.jpg unnamed-3.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly! What a glorious looking necklace! The E-W orientation was inspired :kiss2:

And what did you do with the side stones? Studs?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ What she said!!!!! :kiss2: :D

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning transformation! So glad that you keeps this beautiful radiant. It looks wonderful as a pendant! Wear it always in good health!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow WOW! That is an AMAZING pendant! It’s jaw dropping.

I’m so glad you did that and it isn’t sitting in a box anymore. It’s out living it’s best life!

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Holy moly! What a glorious looking necklace! The E-W orientation was inspired :kiss2:

And what did you do with the side stones? Studs?

Thanks for the nice comments! I am trying to decide what to do with those princesses. Layla has been so great to brainstorm with. My idea was to have them turned into removable dangle "charms" that would slide on and off of a pair of small 16mm Roberto Coin inside-out diamond hoop earrings I own. They would be set into baskets with a loop soldered onto the top of the baskets . Originally I thought we could kite-set the princess stones (so the princesses were set on a point) but it turns out the princess stones are slightly rectangular so they would have to be set straight on. Any thoughts on this idea? Unfortunately because the stones are slightly rectangular, it would mean I can't use stock baskets (which would make the dangle project like $150-200. They would have to custom cast the baskets at a cost of $450. Should I do it? Any ideas to share??

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the nice comments! I am trying to decide what to do with those princesses. Layla has been so great to brainstorm with. My idea was to have them turned into removable dangle "charms" that would slide on and off of a pair of small 16mm Roberto Coin inside-out diamond hoop earrings I own. They would be set into baskets with a loop soldered onto the top of the baskets . Originally I thought we could kite-set the princess stones (so the princesses were set on a point) but it turns out the princess stones are slightly rectangular so they would have to be set straight on. Any thoughts on this idea? Unfortunately because the stones are slightly rectangular, it would mean I can't use stock baskets (which would make the dangle project like $150-200. They would have to custom cast the baskets at a cost of $450. Should I do it? Any ideas to share??

I like this idea, but I would hook them onto a plain hoop earring. That way you will get a beautiful articulation without them being overwhelmed by the diamond hoops. But then again, I am a simple girl & this is just me, so you may hate the suggestion :lol:

Another idea would be to set them into a bangle or bracelet, if you are a bracelet wearer?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! It really pops on your neck!

CoolKat

Rough_Rock

Oooooh jackets earrings! Or you can use it as danglings for pearl studs! I think Mrs.B has something fabulous like this... :kiss2:

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
I like this idea, but I would hook them onto a plain hoop earring. That way you will get a beautiful articulation without them being overwhelmed by the diamond hoops. But then again, I am a simple girl & this is just me, so you may hate the suggestion :lol:

Another idea would be to set them into a bangle or bracelet, if you are a bracelet wearer?

OOH! I am indeed a bracelet person. That's a great idea!!!

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Love how it looks on you!

Since you got the radiant 13 years ago, I wonder if it is the Original Radiant Cut from Henry Grossbard.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks spectacular!!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Love how it looks on you!

Since you got the radiant 13 years ago, I wonder if it is the Original Radiant Cut from Henry Grossbard.

Hi no, it was not an Original Radiant Cut by Henry Grossbard. I bought it as a loose stone from Irving Heller, a SF jeweler/ gemstone broker in the Shreve Building in SF.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results