Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous! :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! :love:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Delicate and sophisticated :love: !! So you think you might try your hand at becoming a bling designer? :naughty:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous to the max! Intensely beautiful on your hand! :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning design! Congrats on your win and your beautiful ring!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Wow congratulations on winning that ring is fabulous. :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Wow. Wow. Beautiful story, sketches and ring! Absolutely lovely in every sense!! Enjoy that beauty :clap:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's so beautiful! Great photos too!

syrahs

Rough_Rock
It turned out gorge! :love: :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That bright set shank is to die for.

I love it! Just perfect.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful setting for a beautiful stone! :love: :appl:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love this design. I think I am going to have to copy it for a round if you don't mind!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love this design. I think I am going to have to copy it for a round if you don't mind!

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I am so overwhelmed and touched by all of your wonderful, wonderful comments!!! Your lovely words really made my day. So thank you for the warm response here! You guys are amazing!!! :love: :love:

Umbrella, thank you and I really hope you find your perfect OEC so that your design also can come to life! :)

lknvrb4, mochiko42, m-2-b, MissGotRocks, ming, Alexxxx, thank you so much for your sweet comments!!! I am so happy you like it!

Alex T, thank you!! I took some more handshots that I will try to upload soon.

missy, thank you! If you only knew how many times I have been drooling over your amazing OEC! I promise to post more pics of the ring, I already took some, so more to come soon...

arkieb1, Logan Sapphire, lovefordiamonds, canuk-gal, woofmama, LLJsmom, sarahb, telephone89, LADiamondHunting, Yssie, kathley, lorrissey, CRYSTAL24K, derbygal, Thank you all for all the wonderful things you have said about my ring! Each and every comment in this thread has really made my heart sing!

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
RandG|1417608720|3794411 said:
I am in awe of your journey to this ring. Combined with your recent auction find its just an incredible and inspirational story for others in search of their own old cut. The magic that is your stone literally brings tears to my eyes-- it's fine art, really. It doesn't get much better than this. Would love to know more about your hunt, how did you spot this stone and its potential, why did you take a chance on it... all the behind the scenes details :).

Congrats on your ring. It's magnificent. You've clearly got a great eye and instinct. Can't wait to see what you find next :)

Thank you, RandG, I am so moved by what you wrote! You also have some amazing finds!!! I live in Europe and I don't think there are as many old cuts as in the States, at least not where I am, but you can find some great deals and old diamonds once in a while. Prior to buying this diamond I had been watching different auctions without any luck. Then one day in May last year I passed by a small local antique jeweler in my neighborhood. He only had small old cuts and said they have become so rare due to recutting, but once in a while he would get larger old cuts. I gave him my number and asked him to call me if he received any. Then in September he called me (by then I had almost forgotten about it) and said he had this diamond. I went there and found this little guy :love: . A young woman had inherited it from a relative in France, but she didn't want it herself. The jeweler, who has a small store that is very easy to miss when walking by, is actually a well known antique jewelry expert who used to be on a national TV show here (similar to "Antiques Roadshow"). I bought the diamond with a weeks return period and during that time I got some great advice from some fellow PSer and decided to keep it :) It is not perfect, but it is very charming and I love it!

Diamondbug said:
Delicate and sophisticated :love: !! So you think you might try your hand at becoming a bling designer? :naughty:

Haha, that would be fun! :)

Elysian, AprilBaby, Rena7, Bonfire, FrekeChild, syrahs, Niel, diamondseeker2006, thank you so much for your beautiful words!!! :D

CharmyPoo said:

CharmyPoo, I would be flattered if you did and I think it would look gorgeous with a round diamond! :love:

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Almondblossom, congratulations on a gorgeous design! The ring looks heavenly on you! Just perfect!
I hope it's okay if I use your design some day too. It is truly beautiful. I haven't got a stone at the moment but would love to save the idea in my folders, if it's okay with you. :love:

EC4me

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on a well deserved win! What a beautiful ring!

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
ringcat said:
Almondblossom, congratulations on a gorgeous design! The ring looks heavenly on you! Just perfect!
I hope it's okay if I use your design some day too. It is truly beautiful. I haven't got a stone at the moment but would love to save the idea in my folders, if it's okay with you. :love:

Thank you ringcat! I am flattered that you wanna use my design! It is okay with me :)

EC4me said:
Congratulations on a well deserved win! What a beautiful ring!

Thank you! I am so glad you like it :)

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many congratulations on winning the contest!

Both the stone and the setting are to die for! The setting is so delicate and beautiful. Just perfect. The gallery reminds me of a garden of flowers. And the stone looks stunning. Not that I know much about antique diamonds but it looks lovely and pillowy to me. As if a fairy could rest her head on it!

Congratulations on a superb design and a wonderful win!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap! That might be the most beautiful setting I've ever seen! I :love: hearts and agree with you about the cutesy aspect of them, but you nailed this design! It's so classy looking! I am seriously in love!

Vampira

Rough_Rock
That basket detail is so swoopy and lovely! Beautiful heart "arches."

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
I love the design!! Absolutely beautiful. Looks very elegant on your slender fingers. :)

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! That is beautiful!

Absolutely stunning! And I love the photoshoot too! ;-)

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Michelez|1417712398|3795163 said:
Beautiful!!!
Thank you, Michelez! And I love your antique cushion and french cut ring! :love:

Jambalaya said:
Many congratulations on winning the contest!

Both the stone and the setting are to die for! The setting is so delicate and beautiful. Just perfect. The gallery reminds me of a garden of flowers. And the stone looks stunning. Not that I know much about antique diamonds but it looks lovely and pillowy to me. As if a fairy could rest her head on it!

Congratulations on a superb design and a wonderful win!

Thank you so much, Jambalaya! What a wonderful picture you painted with the garden of flowers and a fairy resting her head on a diamond pillow! I think I have to use that as a bedtime story for my children :)

Lil Misfit said:
Holy crap! That might be the most beautiful setting I've ever seen! I :love: hearts and agree with you about the cutesy aspect of them, but you nailed this design! It's so classy looking! I am seriously in love!

What a lovely comment, thank you!!!

Vampira said:
That basket detail is so swoopy and lovely! Beautiful heart "arches."

Thank you! I am really happy about how swoopy David were able to make it :)

minidancer said:
I love the design!! Absolutely beautiful. Looks very elegant on your slender fingers. :)

Thank you! I am so in love with this ring and love wearing it!

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
I had another photo shoot. Are you ready for some more pictures?

almonddsc_0124-001.jpg

almondblossomdsc_0110-001.jpg

almondblossomdsc_0093.jpg

almondblossomdsc_0079-001.jpg

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Okay, now I will restrain myself and not post anymore pictures :)
Thank you for looking!

almondblossomdsc_0015.jpg

almondblossomdsc_0022.jpg

almondblossomdsc_0014.jpg

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Trekkie|1417760924|3795545 said:
OMG! That is beautiful!

Absolutely stunning! And I love the photoshoot too! ;-)

Thank you, Trekkie! Taking the pictures has actually been so much fun.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results