shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.05 Ct Black Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NocturnalGoddess

Rough_Rock

Hi,

I wanted to come show off my 1.05 Ct black diamond. I have read so many posts about how they shouldn't be a main stone and that they are crazed, pitted, very little polish and poorly cut.

I wanted a black diamond as my main stone because for one it is different for two black is my favorite color.

I was looking for just the right one. I have seen so many that were just as many of you have described and even my jeweler advised me not to do it. He hates the things.

I have a 1.25 9mm wide wedding band that I love but all the diamonds i got were lost beside it. I had a .79 SI-1 G marquise mounted sideways and it looked out of place. A larger bolder diamond was needed.

So I found a loose 1.05 Black diamond almost Euro cut. Deeper than a modern cut it had wonderful polish no crazing, pitting and had a good cut.

I then searched for the perfect mount. I settled on a vintage 1040's NOS 14k 4 prong solitaire.

I took both to my jeweler and he flipped asking where I got such a beautiful black diamond.

It is very uniform in color all but a small pin dot that you can see in the pictures is almost white.

Sorry I noticed both rings are in need of a cleaning... Sorry about that but you get the idea.

Oh and yes one of my diamonds in my band in the middle row closest to the solitaire is broke.. Long story behind that.. I have left it because it is just that a story.

Ringsblackandwhite.jpg
BlackDiamond.jpg

Black14k.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
How unique! I have never seen a black diamond, but it looks great. Congrats on your beautiful ring!

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are beautiful together! I don''t think I''ve ever seen a black diamond before. How common are they?

NocturnalGoddess

Rough_Rock

Lindsey thank you so very much. I really love it. I really had to look thou for that one special one. I have had it for almost a year now and I never get tired of it. :)

Larissa not many wear them because they do not sparkle like the other color diamonds. There is only one place in Africa that I know of that has black diamonds. They think that a meteor hit there many moons ago and created this special stone.

Now days they are also producing them by super heating poor quality diamond till they oxidize. These are the ones that you see pitted and brittle.

There is very little of the real left from what I have read. Mine is one of the real and not the super heated ones.

This is according to my jeweler who said if it had been super heated it would have been a pitted mess or wouldn't have had the small white spot on it. How true this is I do not know.

On places like Ebay they are a dime a dozen but most are pitted fropm super heating. I found a seller that had very few of them like the one I have and paid a bit more for it than some of the others but still less than a I1 diamond of said size.

darling

Shiny_Rock
I like it a lot!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamonds should be appreciated in any color! Nothing wrong with black at all, very unique. I often admire the "less desired" brown diamonds on this site: http://www.fancydiamonds.net/. Some day I''ll make a fancy brown pendant, I love the prices of those "undesirables" heehee.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''ve never seen a black diamond either (it''s nice to have some variety around here)!!! Yours is lovely!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Ive never seen a black diamond of that size. It is neat to have something unique! Congrats!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 9:43:51 AM
Author:NocturnalGoddess

Oh and yes one of my diamonds in my band in the middle row closest to the solitaire is broke.. Long story behind that.. I have left it because it is just that a story.

Ringsblackandwhite.jpg

Black14k.jpg
I love it! I always hoped someone would do "right" by a black diamond and I got to see it! yay! Now, does it let any light through or is it dense like onyx? or just like thick smokey topaz? Top up I can''t see anything but black, but on the bottom pic it seems like you *might* have *some* pass through of light?

Also, love how you left the diamond busted for the sake of a story LOL I love that! And FTR I didn''t even notice it was broken until you pointed it out :)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!
36.gif
36.gif

I used to use the tiny .2 and .5 black dimonds with same size whites for pave.

The main dealer I used in Antwerp offered his wife a diamond of her choice for an anniversary present. This guy had amazing stones - showed me a 1ct red diamond once - incredible. Anyway, she didn't care for gemstones much
20.gif
and picked out a 2ct black diamond and they asked me to design a setting. It was as good a stone as yours - I put it in red gold with tiny swirls of white diamonds down the shank. V sad I have no pics - I left the company very suddenly due to illness and never got a chance to back up my portfoliio.
8.gif

I've loved black ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results