shape
carat
color
clarity

must have''s for spring and summer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to wear channel set eternity cz rings on my toes, very thin, they were sooo pretty. But the cz''s get icky fast from all the water and stuff your feet are in and then they can''t be cleaned, the metal gets gross etc...so I would only wear that style again with real diamonds that I can throw into a cleaner once a week and just be done with it. I have had small silver rings on my toes for a few years now...hmmm.

Jen re the shoe thing, I think that is fine! I too have bought slightly bigger or smaller shoes sometimes and as long as the area of the shoe (or lack thereof) is not too obvious, I don''t think many people notice that area of your feet much. Congrats on a good deal! I am still loving my butterfly Coach shoes, they are so smart.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2005 7:36:44 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
Actually, I need an opinion--I bought adorable slides at TJMaxx today but they only had a 9 and I am normally an 8.5 M in shoes...they fit/feel fine and they are in no danger of coming off but there is a teeny bit of shoe left in the back by the heel...normally with slides, the heel will come right to the edge...this is a very small amount of space...maybe a 1/6 of an inch (less than 1/4 but maybe a little more than an 1/8).

Is this ''okay''????
No! Absolutely a fauz paz of MAJOR proportions!
9.gif

Who would notice that? I must be oblivious to stuff.
6.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2005 4:14:22 PM
Author: just_looking!
I''m still thinking about toe rings. I''m selling the idea that in order to show off said sparkly toe ring I will have to keep my feet looking nice rather than looking like they''ve walked round the world. Then of course I''ll need to buy some strappy shoes and the list goes on.........
31.gif
I''m thinking about a toe ring as well. It rains here a lot though so I''m not sure if it''s worth spending money on a piece of jewelry that can only be shown off for a few months. . .

Oh, and my biggest must have for spring would be new kitchen cabinets. After living in a kitchen with plywood countertops since Dec., we''re FINALLY get our cabinets and countertops installed the end of this month.
36.gif
I cannot believe we lived in a make-shift kitchen for so long! Cabinets were painfully expensive though, so we had to save up a bit. . .
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2005 12:46:56 PM
Author: fire&ice

Date: 4/9/2005 7:36:44 PM
Actually, I need an opinion--I bought adorable slides at TJMaxx today but they only had a 9 and I am normally an 8.5 M in shoes...they fit/feel fine and they are in no danger of coming off but there is a teeny bit of shoe left in the back by the heel...normally with slides, the heel will come right to the edge...this is a very small amount of space...maybe a 1/6 of an inch (less than 1/4 but maybe a little more than an 1/8).

Is this ''okay''????
No! Absolutely a fauz paz of MAJOR proportions!
9.gif

Who would notice that? I must be oblivious to stuff.
6.gif
9.gif
F&I, I asked my mom today and she looked at me like I had 2 heads...and i was wearing the shoes!

She said "what space?"
33.gif
37.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer,

Does your pant hem part get caught between your heel and your shoe? lol There was a woman in the grocery store this morning in slacks and high heels and from afar she looked moderately stylish, but up close I noticed on BOTH her feet, her pants were caught. This looked terrrible and annoying like one would need to be yanking on their pants all day to correct this. . .

Anyway, no point to this post really, just that a little gap is NOTHING compared to serious fashion follies like that woman in the store.

MABRA

Rough_Rock
30.gif
I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU I LOVE SHOES AND THIS SEASON IT IS ALL ABOUTH THE WEDGE AND METALLIC LEATHERS AND I HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL OF BOTH. ALSO

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2005 6:06:37 PM
Author: MABRA
30.gif
I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU I LOVE SHOES AND THIS SEASON IT IS ALL ABOUTH THE WEDGE AND METALLIC LEATHERS AND I HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL OF BOTH. ALSO
Fun!

Shoes have become a compulsion that I cannot control. . .
32.gif
lol so I''ve had to put a stop. . .no more spring & summer shoes for 2005. . .maybe. . .

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This is a picture of me and my new handbag! HA! But that;s my new handbag...I''m going to oder it right now...but I''m thinking I may get the slightly smaller one. I have been looking for one for a while. So this is my now Summer must have!

dooney.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey, cool mmm! tell me though, what do you put in a beast like that? it looks big enough for a weekend trip!!
21.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Must haves for Spring and Summer?

There is really only one answer....

BEER

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
and there is really only one beer!
18.gif

pintoguiness.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Slide one of those down here, please! AAAAaaaaahhhh! That tastes good!

11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay who let the MALE in here??

no BEER distractions from the purse and shoe eye-candy!!
31.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
He, he, he.... Next time you have to use "NO MALES ALLOWED" in the topic
emotion-14.gif

However, we can still show our favorite shoes and hat and lotions......

I wouldn''t be suprised if these boots have more miles on them than all the other shoes combined! LOL!

The hat is a bit stained, but it comes from my first Death Valley trip, when my ex told me to plan our trip to the Grand Canyon.... DV was along the way (with a small detour) but she didn''t realize that! It was in July, so it was a bit hot outside.....

Small_Boots_and_Hat.JPG

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Of course we can ACCESSORIZE! You betcha!!!!
11.gif

This is for a lite trip.... for more serious times, we can add backpacks, maps, dark sunglasses, etc....

LOL!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

small_Hiking_Accessories.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 11:29:55 PM
Author: moremoremore
This is a picture of me and my new handbag! HA! But that;s my new handbag...I'm going to oder it right now...but I'm thinking I may get the slightly smaller one. I have been looking for one for a while. So this is my now Summer must have!
mmm - cute bag! looks functional.
2.gif

I picked up a coach purse as a mother's day gift to myself, but now am going to exchange it because it's too small. I wanted a light bag not full of junk (which I tend to lug around out of bad habit) but this purse is too small to even fit a bottle of water, so it's useless
7.gif

I cannot figure out how to save the photo, but this what I bought - IN BLACK - not pink. . .

http://www.coach.com/shop/product_nobefree.asp?product_no=6196&category_id=553

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I like the new D&B logo''d bags. Nice choice.
1.gif

I picked this up for myself for my birthday (everyone over here knows that celebrating my birthday lasts for the entire month of May
9.gif
).

new.fendi.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer,
That bag is just stunning, love it!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2005 2:03:40 PM
I like the new D&B logo''d bags. Nice choice.
1.gif

I picked this up for myself for my birthday (everyone over here knows that celebrating my birthday lasts for the entire month of May
9.gif
).
ah, I''ve been celebrating mother''s day for a few months now! lol My obsession STILL is anti-aging creams/serums and I cannot buy enough. My long-term goal is to turn back the clock so that by the time my husband is 40, I''ll look 20 again and everyone will confuse me for his daughter
9.gif
lol

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Cute bag MC! But definitely small...I could use that as a wallet! :)
And I think JFo convinced me to go for the gucci horsebit...!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2005 12:38:26 PM
Author: moremoremore
Cute bag MC! But definitely small...I could use that as a wallet! :)
And I think JFo convinced me to go for the gucci horsebit...!
I know! In fact, the coach wallet that matches the bag is about the same price so coach takes on a similar prospective. I'm not sure what kind of bag to get. . .the ones I really like are over $500 (and one is over $1000) and we're saving up to buy a better house, so I'm striving to be a bit more conscientious about frivolous spending.

Maybe I should buy a fake instead? lol One woman had a fake like that above coach purse and she announced this really loud at the kids' play center so I felt like an idiot for paying full price for an accessory that was matched in looks by a cheap knock off!

Which Gucci are you talking about? I'm too lazy to scan the posts again
9.gif
Ahhh, I'm soooo lazy today. I think I'm going to go back to bed! lol

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Say NO to fakes!!
9.gif

Regardless of whether or not they look like the real thing...I just can't get behind fake stuff...! Those fake purse parties...I go sometimes but can never bring myself to buy anything. Esp since they are like $50 so it's not like we are talking $10. And sure it's cheaper than the real thing but alot of my more expensive purses have lasted YEARS.

But that's just me. If people love buying fakes, awesome....however if you really do like the real thing, don't feel bad for purchasing it just because someone else bought a fake. To each their own right and you should do what YOU want and don't give a thought to what others do.

I want to see Cflutist over here, since in the other thread she noted she was considering a Coach...gotta hear about this!
31.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2005 2:09:03 PM
Author: Mara
Say NO to fakes!!
9.gif

Regardless of whether or not they look like the real thing...I just can''t get behind fake stuff...! Those fake purse parties...I go sometimes but can never bring myself to buy anything. Esp since they are like $50 so it''s not like we are talking $10. And sure it''s cheaper than the real thing but alot of my more expensive purses have lasted YEARS.

But that''s just me. If people love buying fakes, awesome....however if you really do like the real thing, don''t feel bad for purchasing it just because someone else bought a fake. To each their own right and you should do what YOU want and don''t give a thought to what others do.

I want to see Cflutist over here, since in the other thread she noted she was considering a Coach...gotta hear about this!
31.gif
I couldn''t agree more....I''ve been there--it is sooo tempting, especially the good fakes, but I waited and saved to get a "real" bag...I have heard and read in reputable places that the knock-off industry funds terrorism and all kinds of illegal activities.
32.gif

Plus, the real ones do last for years.
1.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2005 2:09:03 PM
Author: Mara
Say NO to fakes!!
9.gif

31.gif
Hey gals, give me some time please. Was at work this morning from 3 am till 9 am supporting a major software release for my company. Got home, had breakfast, then tried to sleep. Just got up but found that websailor had gone to see Star Wars.

I have already picked out some possibilities from the Coach website. So when websailor gets home, I'll see if he'll go shopping with me in Walnut Creek, CA where in a 2 block radius there is a Nordy's, Macys and a Coach Store. I figure one of those three places might have what I am looking for.

ETA, LOL, see I am so tired that I didn't even notice that websailor had hijacked my computer. Sometimes he is too lazy to turn his on so he uses the one in my office at home. Agggghhh. Cflutist.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay cflutist, I can''t wait to see what you picked out!!!
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2005 2:17:31 PM

I couldn''t agree more....I''ve been there--it is sooo tempting, especially the good fakes, but I waited and saved to get a ''real'' bag...I have heard and read in reputable places that the knock-off industry funds terrorism and all kinds of illegal activities.
32.gif

Plus, the real ones do last for years.
1.gif

This is how I feel too. . .fakes ARE tempting, but in reality, I won''t even wear CZs or sport pleather purses/shoes, so I can''t imagine carrying around a faux designer bag and pretending it''s real.

I think I''m going to save up $ and spend more to get exactly what I want. . .may take a few months, but this will give me time to decide which style will work best. . .
2.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK gals, ordered myself a "classic" black leather bag from the Coach Store. It wasn't trendy enough for any of the 3 stores I visited for them to carry it in stock. Call me old fashioned but I just cannot see myself carrying a lime green bag, or a "patchwork" bag made of an assortment of Coach fabrics. Was planning to use it when I dress up in suits or my black gowns when I perform in the orchestra. Did check my home inventory (on MS Access) and did notice that last D&B bag I bought was in 10/93 (which I haven't used in the past 4 years).

So thank you all for encouraging me to treat myself to a new bag. Its long overdue.

ETA, boy I am tired today. That was 10/1993 not 10/2003

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds great and will go with your business attire as well as your concert attire. Yay for you!!
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new bag! You deserve it!

MC...I''ll have to find it, it''s the horsebit...but on ebay they are "only" $200...so I''m thinking that they HAVE to be fake. Dunno...then I like the Dooney again...but neither have a zipper...so that''s not really safe. I guess I''m just a big tease...I bought neither...And I totally know what you mean, the ones I really love are closer to a grand...but that really is insane...but then I think how I get one new bag every two years or so....dunno...I say you wait until you find THE bag!

And I concur about fake bags...I love czs, etc....but when it comes to bags I just can''t do a fake. Don''t know why....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
there''s nothing like a classic black bag!! Is there a picture somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results