shape
carat
color
clarity

must have''s for spring and summer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Ok, ok, ok--here they are!
2.gif

Mara-I do like those Coach butterfly sandals--really sharp! As you can see--I like funky shoes.
9.gif

Note: My lime espadrilles haven''t arrived yet (catalogue).

all shoes.1.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
My bedroom lamps have beige-y shades which must cast a yellow light on things--these shoes are Hot Pink... I''ll wear this with a black summer suit--very simple--for work and with black dress capris on Sat. nights.

hot.pink.shoe.1jpg.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE these-palest of pink leather with nubuck details & rose...I also LOVE ankle straps.
9.gif

pale pink.1.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I picked these up a while back at Nine West in the City (turquoise suede with brown stitched detail) but they are right back in style this year! I have so much Turquoise!

Poor Elmo is all confused....
1.gif

PS My husband walked by and caught some of the foot photography action and after the look of dismay passed, he got all cheerful and asked me if the shoe thing was replacing the "diamond thing" and I said that question was toooo ridiculous for an answer!
3.gif

TQ.shoe.elmo.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
These are some amazing pins I''ve picked up at local boutiques.
1.gif

4pins.3.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I've actually collected antique pins for years and have a pretty nice collection. These are new but have an older "feel".
1.gif

pin.collage.1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondlil, ooh pink croc how fun!! i need a pale pink pair of shoes, my coworker had a cute strappy pair this week that i loved, they were Hush Puppies.

Jen I love the brown slide ones with what look like a metal bar or buckle in the middle? I also love those turquoise Nine West!! I tend to be more on the main staple side of the things with buying blacks, tans or browns, but I would love to spice it up a bit this summer! A colorful pair of shoes is fun with an all black outfit for summer evenings!

The Coach ones are pretty comfy unless you have to do alot of walking, the metal butterfly against the foot is slightly bruising if you walk a long distance. I was good for about 2 city blocks and that was about it. But the sole and padding were very nice.

I'm on the hunt for a pair of light tan or brown sandals as well as the pink..so we'll see. I really like those ones Michelle posted too!

Oh and Jen those pins are very cute, I like the pale green one. My sister who is only 14 has such an eye for eclectic items, even at her young age she is very good at pairing trendy items with more vintage or classic pieces. She loves pins like these but smaller versions, aka little rhinestone vintage butterflies and the like, clips them on her jean jackets etc. She's definitely more stylish than I was at 14...much cuter too!
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I actually took a picture of those!

brown kitten.1.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer,
I adore those pins!!! You have quite a lovely collection from what I see, but I''m not suprised as you have excellent taste!! I love the shoes too!! I am not a big open toe shoe person as my little piggies are not my best feature!! So I have shoe envy so to speak!!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2005 12
6.gif
1:22 AM
Author: Jennifer5973
I actually took a picture of those!
LOVE THEM!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''m beginning to think I''m not a girl - at least not girlie!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I have no dressy shoes that aren''t black. Wait, I have no shoes except for my my tennies and bluchers that aren''t black. I don''t like shoes & only have the very basics (though I do have a problem with collecting black boots).

I guess it''s a good think I like diamonds - but they are the only sparkly thing I have - no rhinestones, no sequences, nothing sparkly.
39.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...F&I- I'm starting to think the same thing. What is wrong with me? Well, I know part of the problem is that I have big hoofers and I'm tall and not so thin right now so I feel I have to wear flats. Ballet flats are in...but they look stupid on me...so I get the same pair of basic flip flops each year...although last night I was inspired to buy a pair of shoes that I need for a wedding coming up...actually, I did it right after looking at J-Fos a/k/a Imelda's collection! Beautiful!

p.s. that upper right pin looks just like a vera wang! :)

Well, here's my spring "must have"...too bad I have no money for clothes now
6.gif

I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. It will be mine. I'm ordering it tomorrow! Does this count as a spring must have? LOL

http://www.thomasville.com/Products/Product.asp?ItemID=3998&bhcp=1

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2005 8:29
6.gif
7 PM
Ok, ok, ok--here they are!
2.gif

Mara-I do like those Coach butterfly sandals--really sharp! As you can see--I like funky shoes.
9.gif

Note: My lime espadrilles haven't arrived yet (catalogue).
Jennifer,
Can you do a close up of the third pair over from the left? They're slides with what looks like flowers crossing over the top.

I'm currently planning a black-shoe shoping outting :) lol and the ones here you posted look really cute.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Sure, Michelle.
1.gif

blkflwr.collage.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2005 11:54:42 AM
Author: fire&ice
I'm beginning to think I'm not a girl - at least not girlie!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I have no dressy shoes that aren't black
F&I, I am just like you too. I own 4 pairs of dressy shoes and they are all black:

2 pairs of Evan Piccone pumps
1 pair Liz Claiborne pumps
1 pair Stuart Weitzman dress sandals (and the only reason I bought these was because websailor liked them and thought they would be better than pumps for the formal nights on the cruises we take).

Thats it. My girlfriend said that it is strange that websailor has more clothes/shoes in our walk-in closet than I do. She said that it is "strange" for a woman to not have a lot of clothes and fashion accessories. Oh well, I guess I am just weird.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with you, CFlutist. I have a tiny wardrobe- there are about 5 items of clothing that I love, and I buy multiples. I basically have a self-invented uniform that I wear daily. I can''t think of anything less fun than thinking about what to wear everyday.

I hate buying shoes, if I find a pair that fit my weird duck-feet well, I buy 3 or 4. The one exception is running shoes, I am deranged when it comes to running shoes. :)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2005 5
6.gif
7:57 PM
Sure, Michelle.
1.gif
Thanks. . .these are so cute and feminine! I'll have to hunt around for a similar pair. Which designer are these by? Maybe Nordstrom has them???

Earlier today I went shopping but ended up getting a hair cut instead of buying shoes.
9.gif
This makes the fourth hair update in two months! lol

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2005 9:24:49 PM
Author: MrsFrk

I hate buying shoes, if I find a pair that fit my weird duck-feet well, I buy 3 or 4. The one exception is running shoes, I am deranged when it comes to running shoes. :)
It may be a weird foot fit for me. I''m a 6 1/2 NARROW and I have a high arch. It''s a b*tch to find shoes that fit correctly. And, it''s usually the very expensive shoes that run in narrows. The reason for the boot fetish may be that I can wear socks with most of them & don''t need a boot as narrow.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
You guys are terrible influences. I decided to go "spring-wardrobe shopping" after seeing all those cute things, and ended up with a new purse, some cute tops, jeans, 4 spring dresses, and 6 pairs of shoes! In one weekend!
14.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
FK - oooh, you have to post pictures of your shoes for us! I''m totally shoe obsessed right now! Cannot have enough. lol

F&I - do you buy seperate insoles to accomodate your high arch? I just picked up a pair of "ultra high" supports and they were $40!
6.gif
Just for little flopping things to stick inside my shoes. . .I''m wondering for future purchases which kind/brand to buy. The ones I bought are New Balance.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
The Charlotte pants are just great. I got some in the chocolate brown color. They will be good pants that will dress up or down. I am definitely glad I ordered larger--they look alarmingly tiny when they come out of the package but stretch quite a bit. Thanks for the pants & sizing suggestions Mara. I picked up a pair of sequined pink/brown flipflops from Old Navy that look really cute with the pants.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 12:51:32 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
FK - oooh, you have to post pictures of your shoes for us! I''m totally shoe obsessed right now! Cannot have enough. lol

F&I - do you buy seperate insoles to accomodate your high arch? I just picked up a pair of ''ultra high'' supports and they were $40!
6.gif
Just for little flopping things to stick inside my shoes. . .I''m wondering for future purchases which kind/brand to buy. The ones I bought are New Balance.
Nope, though I''m ususally gelin like a fellon. I just find shoes that accomodate by arch. I''ve found Italian & spanish made shoes to be the best.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Charlotte pants are just great.
I bet these would be way too long on me. . .I''m 5'' 4" with NO backside and am petite build. It''s hard to find pants that look right and not overwhelming, so generally, I wear jeans.

Do most of you routinely have your clothing altered to fit better? I am wondering now if I''ve mistakenly passed on some fabulous items due to them being too long. . .like, I''ve found PERFECT and very adorable jeans at Banana Republic that fit through the waist & rear, but are too long (as are all their pants - and only a few styles come in petite, but petite is a bit too short for me), so I''ve not purchased them. (I love B. Republic''s clothes and wear all their tops and sweaters and pair them up with my jean wardrobe. . .I''d love to wear their pants too. . .)

Do bootleg-cut jeans look funny when taken up and how much should I be paying to have this service done? I did have a pair of jeans taken up once and the woman took them up too far and they looked terrible on me so I''ve NEVER had this done again. . .
7.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 12:58:27 PM
Author: fire&ice
Nope, though I''m ususally gelin like a fellon. I just find shoes that accomodate by arch. I''ve found Italian & spanish made shoes to be the best.
Okay, thanks. What about tennis shoes? I''m planning to buy another pair to wear while doing aerobics indoors and definetly don''t want to be stuck buying more insoles for these shoes too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh I'm so happy they worked for you Island! I am tempted to get the choco brown and a white as well. I wore the black with my new coach sandals and a very thin coral crocheted BCBG poncho top on Friday...I felt very free and islandy..hehe.

michelle re: altering, I am the lucky gal who is seemingly a perfect height for most regular pants in terms of inseams, so i rarely have anything altered. however, i did have a pair of jeans taken in once since the inseams were 34 (!)...the gal took them up too much, partially my fault as i kept saying, more more more and then of course over time they shrunk and then i never wore them anymore.

in terms of altering, i have a few friends that are pretty short and have to have pretty much everything altered...nordstroms does free pants alterations if you buy the item from them, so that's kind of a nice perk..i think banana may have something similar? in any case, i think that things such as bootleg and straight legged pants are the easiest to have taken up as long as it's a small amount...pants with adornment or other items on the hem would make it hard, i also don't like the thought of taking up cuffed pants, as that seems iffy for reattachment with no visibility.

on the other subject, i have a few friends who doubt their X gene as well in terms of clothes and shopping. one of them finds a gap tee she likes and buys 10 of them, all in white, brown or black...same with undies and other items. she's too funny--we saw her in a pink item last year and almost hyperventilated!

one of my other best girlfriends still thinks that birkenstocks are a fashion statement with dresses and the like (
6.gif
), she has her own unique style..her husband is the same way, to the wedding he wore what i recall being khaki shorts? i know it was hawaii and all but throw some PANTS on for the special occassion, ya think? they are definitely the oddest pair in terms of clothes--they could care less!

i wore birks back in college, but since then have somewhat grown out of them. my toes and feet look much better in kitten heels! now my dressing down is the havanias flip flops or juicy sweats!
9.gif
though birks would probably be easier on the budget.

oh and on the overall topic of clothes vs those who do not indulge nor want to..it's so funny how there are different 'stages' on that topic. aka i have my two X-challenged girlfriends...then there is me who is somewhat in the middle, aka i like some designer items, and i like clothes but i don't overbuy in terms of too many shoes or random other items, i try to get what i know i will wear and still look reasonably cute and put together.....and then there is one of my other girlfriends who is, as we lovingly refer to her, a fashion whore. she loves designer labels, has a whole LV collection, tons of jewels, lots of trendy clothes like you'd see on jessica simpson, she is blonde and fabulous, wears things i could never feel comfortable wearing, and lots of clothing confidence. her fam has $$ so she grew up that way, but it's so funny because i know my X challenged friends think *I* am girly but yet our other friend is definitely so far to the right from me. stages!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2005 11:54:51 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen

Date: 4/3/2005 5
6.gif
7:57 PM
Sure, Michelle.
1.gif
Thanks. . .these are so cute and feminine! I''ll have to hunt around for a similar pair. Which designer are these by? Maybe Nordstrom has them???

Earlier today I went shopping but ended up getting a hair cut instead of buying shoes.
9.gif
This makes the fourth hair update in two months! lol
Michelle, they are by Liz Claiborne, her "axcess" line.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I finally got around to taking a pic of my anniversary present (which was given to me in December!
6.gif
) My husband and I were out to a romantic dinner for our anniversary and he said he thought he left the lights on in the car and when he came back, he had a big box from Gucci, beautifully tied with their satin ribbon. Here it is...I''ve kind of been saving it for Spring, although it is bone & can be used all year.
1.gif

newgucci.2.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Here is a really funky hot pink suede purse I just picked up... The suede is like buttaaaah.
2.gif
It's got ruffles!
1.gif

purses.1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jennifer i love textured items...it feels so sinful..
9.gif

love the gucci, you better start wearing that thing soon!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
that does it!!!! in my next life i want to come back as jennifer5973 instead of jenniferV aka fountainfairfax
3.gif
!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results