shape
carat
color
clarity

must have''s for spring and summer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 9:16:18 PM
Author: Jennifer5973

Michelle, they are by Liz Claiborne, her ''axcess'' line.
Thanks, I love these shoes, but have no idea where to buy them! The two main department stores I''d be shopping at don''t appear to carry her shoes, so this may take a bit of hunting.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Michelle, I hear ya on the short thing!! And I''m shorter than you!! I''m 5''2", so I have practically every pair of pants I own altered. I just got a pair of the Charlotte pants. I''m normally a medium ( small waist, BIG booty!), so I went with the large and yep, I have to have them altered. But I''m used to it, and I highly recommend the pants!! They felt sooooo comfy on, and look so cute. Also really versatile ( dressy and casual). You wouldn''t believe the probs I have with finding pants that fit me correctly!! On my bad days, I actually get snippy at the salespeople in stores, like " um, hello! Not everyone is 5''7" !! WHY don''t you have shorter sizes here?!!!" and they look at me like I''m an idiot... I know it''s not their fault.......
20.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I'm 5'6" and I have to get almost everything altered. I'd like to find a clothing company that makes clothes for women with curves--and I don't mean plus size.I mean normal sizes that actually fit. Pants are almost always too long and if it fits the hips, it gaps in the waist...forget tops. I have to buy 2 sizes larger than the bottoms and have them altered... It makes getting suits for work oh so fun.
20.gif
I only buy good Ralph Lauren button downs and invest in having them tailored so the freakin' waist isn't 8 inches too big. Hello, fashion industry...Newsflash: we're not adolescent boys, we're womeeeeen!
9.gif
2.gif

I literally spend $500 a season to tailor my clothes. Thank God I do have a great tailor.[$$)]
20.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah really!!! Why DOESN''T the fashion industry realize this?? I get so irritated shopping sometimes because the way most clothes are cut are for curve-less women ( uh sorry, girls
9.gif
) and I just end up feeling fat!!! I''m a size 4, but with my chest and booty, not to mention vertical challenge, I have huge problems finding the right fit. So frustrating, my DH laughs at me cause I have to get all my pants altered and hemmed. I should make him pay the bill, we''ll see who''s laughing then.....
11.gif
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I guess the "good" thing about being tall and plump is that I never ever need to get pants altered. They always fit perfectly! :) Although it's funny that every now and then, pants are really big on the hip...probably b/c my waist is carrying a little extra weight, so that pants that fit there have a little too much room on the hip! So I guess it's good to be a fat turd? LOL

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer and IrishEyes, lol, I'm built the exact opposite of you two. . .I'm a size 2 with NO boobs and no booty, but yet run into numerous problems with clothes fitting properly, AS WELL, so we're all pretty much victims of the fashion industry's abuse
7.gif
. You would not believe the number of shirts and sweaters that look terrible when not filled out properly
7.gif
It's very disheartening to have nothing to show off
39.gif
(MY best friend had her breasts enlarged and I've been tempted to do this because now she's thrilled beyond belief at all the sexy tops that she can show off her new curves in!)

. . .anyway, I've kind of developed a habit of finding certain designers/manufacturers that make clothes accustom to my build and shopping exclusively with these companies rather than going to other stores and trying on clothes I KNOW will not fit me. . .

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The funny thing is the grass is always greener. I have a friend who has little A minus boobs. I on the other hand have full C''s. I actually do not love my boobs! They puff out tops, make it impossible to wear cute little halters without distorting the ''lines'', and in general just get in the darn way. I wish I had a nice set of small Bs which worked for all clothing types. At least then you could wear a water bra when you needed them bigger but when you wanted them smaller, poof there they are!

However, my friend with no boobs loves my boobs and is always talking about getting a boob job! She actually has grilled shopgirls about their boobs and where they got them, etc. However, she looks amazing in halters and sundresses that are flattering to smaller chests...aka things with patterns or embroidery that look all out of wack when my C''s are stuffed inside.

Shopping with her is hilarious, because she is also about a size 0 or something ridiculous for her height, she''s about 5''6" and she fits into things that I could only dream of wearing as well, but maybe she feels the same way about me, hard to say. In any case, the boob thing for me is just so funny because I have seen first hand how boobs do or do not work for some outfits..and sometimes not having big boobs is a clothing blessing in disguise!
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Michelle, try clothes made and sized in Italy. They just are smaller.

Also, has anyone noticed that the same size gets bigger and bigger. There is no way on God''s green earth that I am still the same size that I was when I was 20 - yet I basically wear the same size - and it''s not that it''s a tighter fit - the more I age the more roomy I like my clothes!

Yeah, I think the grass is always greener. Yah just have to accept what you got! I have found that certain brands, clothes & styles just fit better than others.

So, I guess going back to topic - I never have a "must have". I follow fashion basics (aka flare or not,etc) - but buy what I like.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, has anyone noticed that the same size gets bigger and bigger. There is no way on God''s green earth that I am still the same size that I was when I was 20 - yet I basically wear the same size - and it''s not that it''s a tighter fit
this is absolutely true. i think the sizing is getting bigger, while the sizes are staying the same
40.gif
crazy

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You guys are on crack
9.gif
if you think a L or XL today is the same or bigger than a L or XL from the 80s and 90s! Ohhh, I don''t think so. Then again, clothes are much more form fitting than they used to be

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are on crack
ha! it''s the crack i got from you crazy lady!!
9.gif
Then again, clothes are much more form fitting than they used to be
maybe that''s the reason, cuz i have noticed that i am wearing smaller sizes... and i ain''t no smaller!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...wish I wuz wearin a smaller size!
"Excuse me, can I please see this pool cover in a size small?"

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Excuse me, can I please see this pool cover in a size small?"
"i''m sorry ma''am, we only carry that in x-small now."

......crackhead!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2005 1:25
6.gif
3 PM
Author: Mara
At least then you could wear a water bra when you needed them bigger but when you wanted them smaller, poof there they are!
Enhancing bras are a must for us boob impaired! I''m still hunting for the perfect one. Before kids, when I was on the pill, I was a full C, but now I''m not on BC pills and still am getting use to the idea of having "less." lol

Clothing sizes are changing. They''re just like diamond appraisels. . . numbers are all about making the customer feel better about the whole deal!
2.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Mara, that was a lot of boob talk!!
9.gif
I used to love my chest when I was a teenager! I thought they were so great and got so much attention from guys ( man, was I naive!! How little we know when we''re kids!!)
20.gif
. Now, I''m used to them, I guess I like them, but I certainly don''t love them. My back constantly hurts, they make certain items of clothing bunch up in the wrong places. I can''t wear some things because I just look fat....they make un-fitted shirts "gap out" underneath my chest and I look pregnant!! And like Mara said, I can''t wear cute little halters and stuff like that ( well, I CAN, but I risk looking like a hooker!). I thought about having them reduced, but I never seem to get the nerve to actually do it. My husband ( who is an avid "chest man"
20.gif
), tells me I''m crazy. One of my close guy friends said to me once, in response to me being excited about losing a couple pounds and my boobs getting a *little* smaller, " hey! this isn''t about you and what you want! Us guys like ''em big, so leave ''em that way!"
14.gif
He''s lucky he is my friend and not some random guy, or he would''ve been looking at my fist instead of my chest!!!
9.gif
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I notice the more expensive the clothes item, the SMALLER size I wear...isn't that funny? aka $200 pair of pants and I am a 4 or a 6. A $40 pair of pants and I'm a 10 or 12!! It's almost like if you pay more, then they want you to feel better about yourself!

re: boobies...it's so funny and true how if you wear a halter and have big boobies that you feel like a hooker! I feel 'blowsy' and 'overblown' when I try to wear cute little summer halters, aka this JCrew white crocheted one that I loved and purchased last year, alas was not fitted so it just hung and made me look preggo and I had falling out cleavage!
14.gif

Last year I found the most fabulous BCBG crocheted spaghetti strap long top, it was meant to hit at hip and was very thin white crochet, but thick enough to not have to wear anything underneath. I didn't even have to wear a bra, the crochet was tight enough to hold me in and made me look really 'together'. MAN did that top make me look friggin amazing. I put it on and felt thin with perky boobies, and beautiful...I wanted it so badly for my rehearsal dinner, but it was $220 for just the top and then I would have had to get pants to go with it (aka linen charlotte type pants), then had to get shoes etc..so the whole thing was too exp as I just left my old job and we were trying to conserve for the wedding.....but now I am kicking myself for not buying it. The dress I got instead was $200 and I HATED the pictures of me in it, even though everyone said I looked cute. That crocheted top was meant for me! Oh and I was a size 6 in it, please! a 6 for these boobs? but it fit and looked SO GOOD.
39.gif
serious regret!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I was in Banana Republic once and this woman was complaining to the sales person that they keep making the sizes bigger. She was saying that she now has to buy a size 0 from them and they don''t always carry that size and what a pain it was and blah, blah, blah. Two words for this lady...

SHUT UP!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha, ama one of my gf''s is on WW, she wanted to lose about 15 winter lbs and is down about 10 already in a month and a half.

anyway, she was at the store with one of her best friends last week trying on pants and she said she almost throttled her friend when she heard her cry out to the attendant ''oh this size 2 is too big, can i get a 0''?
23.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last year I found the most fabulous BCBG crocheted spaghetti strap long top. . . but it was $220 for just the top
This sucks that you didn't buy this. I hate when I pass something perfect up because in the end, instead of using the money for something important, I'll end up buying a couple of cheaper garments that just look okay rather than outstanding. (The only advantage to the the latter is my husband doesn't get pissed off - lol!)

Regarding hookers. . .I'd love to look like one! lol Maybe I should get breast implants. . .
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Clothes can be a pain but Mr. Jennifer5973 loves my curves...how do you think I get all these diamonds?
31.gif
11.gif
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What drives me nuts lately is Anne Taylor. I went to buy some pants I wear a petite although I am 5''4 and they are still too long. I have never had to have pants altered when buying petites. Anyone else notice this??
39.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Gee, Jennifer if those curves get you all those diamonds, WHERE THE HECK ARE ALL MY DIAMONDS???!!!
9.gif
I''ve got curves galore. Hmmm.....must have talk with him later.......
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2005 11
6.gif
7:42 AM
Author: IrishEyes
Gee, Jennifer if those curves get you all those diamonds, WHERE THE HECK ARE ALL MY DIAMONDS???!!!
9.gif
I''ve got curves galore. Hmmm.....must have talk with him later.......
2.gif
oh no. . .now I''ll never get any more diamonds (lol!) Maybe I should mow the lawn for my husband as a bribe for sparklies!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
It sure would be nice if designers realized that women are not sticks. I am a D or sometimes DD bra (since I was 12!!!) and that pretty much eliminates all sorts of clothing choices. When I go shopping with my MOH who is about a B she always picks out cute little tops for me to try on. We both get a huge laugh because nothing fits. And yes, halter tops definitely have the hooker look on me! My waist is small so anything that fits my bust is likely to make me look pregnant. Thank goodness for lycra! I would love to be a small C or big B, but my fiance loves my curves too. I''m hoping they''ll turn into diamonds like Jennifers :)
31.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still thinking about toe rings. I''m selling the idea that in order to show off said sparkly toe ring I will have to keep my feet looking nice rather than looking like they''ve walked round the world. Then of course I''ll need to buy some strappy shoes and the list goes on.........
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How could I forget my silver 1mm toe rings as a year round staple?? I have one on each foot, on the 2nd toe.

I am thinking again about getting channel diamond eternity toe rings. I had WF quote me on them last year but it was too much at the time....hmmmm maybe a nice summer treat if my quarter goes well at work...
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh love toe rings too!
3.gif
I just ordered this one from QVC (I draw the line at putting diamonds on my toes--too risky!
2.gif
)...Picture is not good--I took a chance on it and was very pleasantly surprised...it''s 4 bead set little diamoniques in 14k white gold. cute!

toering.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I need an opinion--I bought adorable slides at TJMaxx today but they only had a 9 and I am normally an 8.5 M in shoes...they fit/feel fine and they are in no danger of coming off but there is a teeny bit of shoe left in the back by the heel...normally with slides, the heel will come right to the edge...this is a very small amount of space...maybe a 1/6 of an inch (less than 1/4 but maybe a little more than an 1/8).

Is this "okay"????

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jenn,

I think that you may be the only one who will really know or notice. I think that if anyone does notice they may just think that your foot slipped forward a little. If you love them, wear them! : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Bridget!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results