shape
carat
color
clarity

Multi Color Dream Strand

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Okay ladies and gents,

It's been awhile, but I have been searching for a multi strand with south seas, golden south seas and grey tahitians. So, I am scouring the internet, all our PS favorites, PP, FF, PO and others. Yesterday I wander by an antique store close to work and see a strand, today, I go in and out I come with a brand new multi color strand, it's from an estate, it's baroque, lots of funky shaped and not pristine perfect pearls for sure, but it sure has character, and I love it.

It's enormous, I have photos comparing with my 9-10 mm south seas, these are much bigger, I am guessing 12-13 mm? I wore it to work and absolutely everyone commented and noticed. I am in love with this strand.

multidreamstrandon22.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
More photos- here she is alone...

multidreamstrand1.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, here she is in comparison with the south sea which are pretty big, but these, oh my lord... I am loving this strand.

multidreamcompare34.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
here they are with my FF gorgeous greys, ( left), and south sea rounds ( right) yes, these have circling and blemishes, but all together, I thought it was a unique, beautiful strand with major presence and character. I'm swooning, so forgive my indulgence, but I know you guys love the pearl hunt too,

multidreamcomparegreys11.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Another neck shot, these pearls really pick up skin tone and enhance... they are like wearing a spa makeover... I have sallow skin tones, but this strand really helps my complexion, almost like wearing blush..

multiorwhat88.jpg

:-o :-o Those are HUGE!! Holy MOLY! I loooove them!

WOW! I am so happy you found them!!!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow! Those are monsters! They do have lots of presence and character and look great on you! :))

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
wow! your pearls are gorgeous, gardengloves! :love:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
GG, they look gorgeous on you!!! :love: :love: :love:

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bean, Ksinger, Oranges and DiaDiva, thanks for the comments and so nice to share and connect with you pearl lovers again. I'm enjoying this strand, and catching up with the Pearl Forum threads.

Dia, how is India? of my, such changes in your life. Please post some news soon. I'm going to give a try to this new PS upgrade and try some multiple photos in one post .. so apologies in advance if I mess it up... You can see these pearls are not perfect, but I kinda like all the odd shapes and imperfections, and the size really carries them. I also really like the placement of colors, with just a few of the dark tahitians. Don't know much about them, the shop said they were from an estate, once it was on my neck I was hooked.

I've been searching for a mixture of southseas, goldens and tahitians for the longest time. Thanks again folks.

dreammulti79.jpg

dreammulti77.jpg

dreammulti88.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Since joining the PS Pearl Forum, I've been so inspired by everyone's post's and recommendations. I've just fallen in love with pearls, their luster, and beauty and the passion of PS pearl forum members as everyone shared their finds. So here's the year's pearl rampage inspired by PS.

Top to bottom,( or left from right in bottom photo) South Seas from American Pearl, two stands from PP, ( totally awesome pearls and service) the pistachios and multis, the silvery greys from FF, which are so smooth and gleaming and finally the multi, which I stumbled upon in a store window...

all in all a big year for pearls..

pearls2010thehaul.jpg

pearlhaul201088.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi GG,
Loving all your pearls. Your new strand has a bit of the Pelosi strand look and I adore it. Now that I'm not working (again)...I'm not wearing my pearls as much because we're pretty casual here except when I need to attend receptions at night and even then, some of the expat women are quite casually dressed.

The pearls that I've seen in jewellery shops here so far are not as nice as the ones from PP, FF etc so I've stopped buying since my last mulit-coloured one from PP. On top of that, I'm not sure I want to test the efficiency of the Indian postal system so I'll have to live vicariously through all of you. But....the diamonds here are pretty nice. :naughty: :tongue: :halo: :bigsmile:

Delhi is tough to adjust to but it's getting better for me. The first two months were the hardest with the monsoon and the resulting floods, dust every where, street children begging, stray dogs everywhere.... On the bright side, I've made new friends and we finally bought a car for my use, the next challenge is to find me a good driver. It's too scary to drive here, for me any way. Everyone uses the honk without hesitation, cars come really close to you - just inches away often times, nobody drives in their own lane, the highway code that I learnt doesn't seem to be followed so, what the heck, just get a driver. It's not expensive to employ one, around US$200 per month +/- (over time pay not included). But I think the hardest thing to get used to is how dependent I've become on others, from the helper at home to needing a driver simply get around. Good thing I'm going home for a few weeks soon so I'll get to drive myself and eat all the food that I don't get here so I'm looking forward to that. :love: :bigsmile: :love:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love them-they're very beautiful and a great size! A terrific find.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
GG, Lovely, what a great find and addition to your collection! There is a bit of pearl envy going on over here :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful necklace, great find. Enjoy. :mrgreen:

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Dia, Lulu, Deco and 4 Ranch.

Dia, Yes, I had my eye on the "Pelosi", politics aside, the woman has great style and sure put her gorgeous strand on the fashionista map, goodness she even had a strand named after her - she set a tidal wave in pearl fashion in motion, I am grateful to her for that!

thanks so much for the update - what a great opportunity to learn a new culture and country- so glad you are making friends and adjusting. I'm jealous of your opportunity to live abroad. It's an amazing opportunity, pearls may be scarce but do share you diamond adventures- also gorgeous silks, India is such a treasure trove. I can relate on fear of driving, I am in dread of driving even in NYC, so many " road rage" incidents, its a free for all, but glad you snared a driver. I hope you are well and happy, and thanks so much for your comments, I'm sure this experience will enrich your life and your family.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That strand sure is "Dreamy"!! What a great find!!

DD, you are having quite the adventurious life! Sounds like you are making the best of your travels!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Great strand of pearls. It's easy to see why you love them.
Don't you just love it when you stumble on a find like that!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
What a great new strand GG. looks wonderful on ya. :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VERY pretty, lots of personality. :love:

I'm also in love with the Tahitian strand in the pic with the other 2 strands. Your strand seems to have a lot of colors to it, gorgeous. :appl:

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much Elle, Bebe, Cushioncutnut and lander. so good to hear from you ladies.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
uh oh, new strand alert.... it came in email a few days ago. OK, so these are cultured AA, 10 X 11mm, 16 inch strand. I'm sure they are a lot smoother, on sale with American Pearl. a bit smaller than strand posted in this thread, not south seas, but cultured, salt water pearls

I'm giving it some consideration..... actually a bit past that point and ready to go to have a smaller size to wear everyday. My new strand of multi southseas is great but it is massive and for everyday it might be nice to have a strand to wear in smaller scale.

It says they will ship in few days, so I will post comparison when they come. Can't believe it, two of these beauties to wear together!

fn02-1.jpg

Very nice! They look very smooth... I like them! I think you need to do a diadiva neck shot with all necklaces on at the same time too :) :naughty:

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Bean, great idea, will post both when I get the new strand.

Great customer service story, turns out the strand I ordered is sold, yikes---- ( these strands are one of a kind), mine's gone,--- so AP contacted me and found a similiar strand which I agreed to and its in the works, still very smooth, more baroque style pearls which I love-- in fact I like it even better, will post when it arrives.

:appl: Amazing!! I'm am glad to hear some good CS stories after the rash of bad ones that were around here!

Can't wait to see it!! Pearls are addicting aren't they :)

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I like AP's picture of the smooth surface strand. Would love to see your actual strand to see how true to life the picture is.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks HHP,

I will post pics when it comes. The first first strand I ordered was sold, so they found this one, also baroque, white, golden and black, listing says slightly spotted, good nacre, 16" but a bit larger. 10 x 12, I really like the shape of the white pearl third from center, and I like the contrast of the very dark pearls.

fn16-1.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

the new Multi color south sea baroque strand arrived today. Colors of the dark pearls a bit softer than photo, more silvery grey, but a very soft looking necklace, over all pretty smooth pearls , but lightly spotted just like they said. These are 10.3 x 12.5, I'll post of pic of them with the other strand which are banded, and have tons of "character" but really huge. I like this one for everyday, and they are nice and smooth.

newmultipearls4678.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
the two together.. can't wait to try on both together...

multicompare4567.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
the new stand alone. did I just post the same pic? gosh, sorry

multiap34567.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results