shape
carat
color
clarity

msop04, physicians, people knowledgeable about the immune system?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deb. The arm soreness lasted a few days. I actually developed a raised welt about the size of a small plum! But it only lasted a few days. It has been a week, it is like I never had the shot, except I am now protected and that gives me peace of mind.

I will definitely go back in 2 months for the second vaccine. I am glad I found this thread, it was super helpful to me. So, hopefully my experience will help others have the courage to get vaccinated as well!

Missy, roar, meow, all the same when you are stronger :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Deb. The arm soreness lasted a few days. I actually developed a raised welt about the size of a small plum! But it only lasted a few days. It has been a week, it is like I never had the shot, except I am now protected and that gives me peace of mind.

I will definitely go back in 2 months for the second vaccine. I am glad I found this thread, it was super helpful to me. So, hopefully my experience will help others have the courage to get vaccinated as well!

Missy, roar, meow, all the same when you are stronger :)

I am sorry you had so much swelling, asscherisme. I think that on the spectrum of reactions, yours was a little worse than the "almost no reaction" that those of us who just get the sore arm have. But I am very glad you are protected now, too. Thank you for reporting back!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Virginia. I just saw one of the doctors I still see here from when Virginia was my main residence.) I logged onto Pricescope via a laptop and read the Coronavirus thread. I am bumping this thread for whitewave!

While I was driving here from Connecticut and the radio was bombarding me with corona virus stories, I was glad I had had my shingles vaccinations, too. It seemed prudent to be immunized against the things we could be immunized against and also to help increase herd immunity. I'm not sure the shingles vaccine helps with that, but my 'flu shot does. ;))

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the first shot about 2 hours ago and my arm hurt for like 5 mins and then I’ve been completely fine since then. Here’s hoping, though I realize it might take some time to kick in

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the first shot about 2 hours ago and my arm hurt for like 5 mins and then I’ve been completely fine since then. Here’s hoping, though I realize it might take some time to kick in

I'm so glad you did it, whitewave! Odds are you will be fine!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you did it, whitewave! Odds are you will be fine!

She put some kind of bullseye thing on my arm (at wal mart). Do you all know what I’m talking about?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
871542E0-87F6-43B6-86F8-D06536B002CE.jpeg
It’s sort of like a band aid that she gave the shot through??? Anyway, never seen one of these before

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had shingles twice in the last 3 years and I am immunocompromised. I got the shingrix shots last summer as soon as they came out and had no reaction at all.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who are confused about the effectiveness of singles vaccines, the shingrix is far more effective and lasts longer than zostavax:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shingles/public/shingrix/index.html. In adults 50 to 69 years old who got two doses, Shingrix was 97% effective in preventing shingles; among adults 70 years and older, Shingrix was 91% effective. In adults 50 to 69 years old who got two doses, Shingrix was 91% effective in preventing PHN; among adults 70 years and older, Shingrix was 89% effective.Jan 25, 2018.

Also, https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems...13/new-shingles-vaccine_what-you-need-to-know

I got my 2nd shingrix shot this morning. First shot, my arm got progressively red & swollen over 2 days, stayed that way for a week, and then gradually subsided. I didn't have any other issues. This afternoon, my arm is beginning to turn red and swell at the injection site and I'm feeling a tad tired and achy. Pharmacist said that any flu-like symptoms that appear should last only 24 hrs and I hope that's the case but I'm not worried at all about these few inconvenient side effects. Far better to feel icky for 24 hrs than endure a bout of shingles.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B403D735-2D9F-4074-9C31-4D2A1D0C4118.jpeg
My arm today at vaccine site. I would say it’s a 2 in terms of itchiness and irritating. It’s only at the site— my arm is fine.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad that you, too, got the shingles vaccine (and that it was the Shingrix), Matata. I'm glad the itching and swelling you have is not severe, whitewave. I'm sorry you got any. :((

PS-I've seen bandaids that look like the thing on your arm. I never saw anyone give an injection through one, though, whitewave!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad that you, too, got the shingles vaccine (and that it was the Shingrix), Matata. I'm glad the itching and swelling you have is not severe, whitewave. I'm sorry you got any. :((

PS-I've seen bandaids that look like the thing on your arm. I never saw anyone give an injection through one, though, whitewave!

It’s not bad at all.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going down fast now. Upper arm hurts bad and is hot, about the size of my hand. Headache bad. Throbbing, neck hurts, blah.

We’re in the car driving for another 1.5 hours.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going down fast now. Upper arm hurts bad and is hot, about the size of my hand. Headache bad. Throbbing, neck hurts, blah.

We’re in the car driving for another 1.5 hours.

Hope you are feeling much better today @whitewave !!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ADADAAE2-7066-4B1E-A5BA-14152E8CABC3.jpeg

This isn’t as bad as last night. It’s not as hot, not as hard and is back down to about a 2 in terms of irritation.

Dh is worried she injected too low— so I’m off to google is this is supposed to be IM or sub Q.

@missy thanks. It’s better today

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dh is worried she injected too low— so I’m off to google is this is supposed to be IM

It's IM to be injected into the deltoid. My pharmacist injected into the lower part of the deltoid. She told me why with the first dose but I can't remember the reason. With the first dose, my arm swelled clear down to the elbow. This 2nd one has been a breeze. Tenderness is almost gone and the redness was only the size of a quarter. Happy to hear you're feeling better.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ADADAAE2-7066-4B1E-A5BA-14152E8CABC3.jpeg

This isn’t as bad as last night. It’s not as hot, not as hard and is back down to about a 2 in terms of irritation.

Dh is worried she injected too low— so I’m off to google is this is supposed to be IM or sub Q.

@missy thanks. It’s better today

I'm so sorry for your suffering, whitewave. I am really interested in the results of your research. Since I was hoping that this thread might give other Pricescopers some (non-professional) info. on the vaccines, i.e. on how we had persoanally reacted to them, I'd love to know how they're supposed to be given (IM or sub Q). And how did the nurse give yours, btw?

I have only given injections to my Newfie and I was shown how to give them by his vet. I gave them into what appeared to be a huge roll of skin and flesh I gathered up, but not down into underlying muscle. No one told me what kind of injection I was giving (except that it was for his allergies...and I knew the name of the medication) and I never asked!

I know your dh is a physician. Maybe you and he can educate us about this vaccine and how it is supposed to be given. (Or at least educate me!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's IM to be injected into the deltoid.
My pharmacist injected into the lower part of the deltoid. She told me why with the first dose but I can't remember the reason. With the first dose, my arm swelled clear down to the elbow. This 2nd one has been a breeze. Tenderness is almost gone and the redness was only the size of a quarter. Happy to hear you're feeling better.

Thanks, Matata!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shingles is basically a reoccurrence of the Chicken Pox virus at a later time. When you get Chicken Pox, usually as a child, you recover and have antibodies and the virus goes dormant. However over time this “immunity” wanes and the risk of a reactivation of the virus increases. So elderly people and those with compromised immune systems are most at risk. The vaccine is basically a booster to create more antibodies which should protect you from a full blown reactivation. Shingles is particular nasty especially if you’re elderly or immunosuppressed . Here is Australia it is only free to people over 70.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's IM to be injected into the deltoid. My pharmacist injected into the lower part of the deltoid. She told me why with the first dose but I can't remember the reason. With the first dose, my arm swelled clear down to the elbow. This 2nd one has been a breeze. Tenderness is almost gone and the redness was only the size of a quarter. Happy to hear you're feeling better.

Ok maybe that is ok then. He was worried it wasn’t in the deltoid but it’s probably in lower deltoid.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your suffering, whitewave. I am really interested in the results of your research. Since I was hoping that this thread might give other Pricescopers some (non-professional) info. on the vaccines, i.e. on how we had persoanally reacted to them, I'd love to know how they're supposed to be given (IM or sub Q). And how did the nurse give yours, btw?

I have only given injections to my Newfie and I was shown how to give them by his vet. I gave them into what appeared to be a huge roll of skin and flesh I gathered up, but not down into underlying muscle. No one told me what kind of injection I was giving (except that it was for his allergies...and I knew the name of the medication) and I never asked!

I know your dh is a physician. Maybe you and he can educate us about this vaccine and how it is supposed to be given. (Or at least educate me!)

He doesn’t give vaccines so he is clueless, especially about this one. He’s never had Chicken pox!! I finally forced him to get the shot in about 2008 when one of my kids came down with a mild case (rash busted out at a wedding ) after having been vaccinated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping this thread up because Greg and I just got the Shingrix vaccine today. Then I decided to read the experiences of others by googling Shingrix vaccine. LOL big mistake. Fingers crossed our reaction won't be too bad.

I did 20 pushups just in case it helps with arm tenderness. I remember a nurse told me that was something we should do after vaccination so it isn't concentrated in one spot. Can't hurt right? :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping this thread up because Greg and I just got the Shingrix vaccine today. Then I decided to read the experiences of others by googling Shingrix vaccine. LOL big mistake. Fingers crossed our reaction won't be too bad.

I did 20 pushups just in case it helps with arm tenderness. I remember a nurse told me that was something we should do after vaccination so it isn't concentrated in one spot. Can't hurt right? :)

Let us know how you do!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, my second (Pfizer) vaccination against covid19 gave me the kind of reaction one might have expected from a shingles vaccine! The day after it my arm was swollen with a huge red rash that itched like mad. I also had lymph nodes pop out between my shoulder and neck and they itched. The itching didn't go away for three or four days! The Shingrix vaccine was nothing compared to the itching the Pfizer vaccine gave me! And I also had a headache from the Pfizer vaccine, but only for one day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let us know how you do!

Hi @AGBF we are A OK thanks for asking.

Greg was very fatigued the day after the Shingrix vaccine with a sore arm. He rarely gets vaccine side effects so for him that was unusual. I had a sore arm but nothing else of note. My body was very achey the day after but not from the vaccine. It was because I overdid my exercise the day prior. It was an unfortunate coincidence that the day we got the shingles vaccine was the day I decided to jog 6 miles when I hadn't jogged for decades. LOL.

How are you and how is your DD? I emailed you a while back but not sure you received that last email. You have been in my thoughts. ((((Hugs)))).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @AGBF we are A OK thanks for asking.

Greg was very fatigued the day after the Shingrix vaccine with a sore arm. He rarely gets vaccine side effects so for him that was unusual. I had a sore arm but nothing else of note. My body was very achey the day after but not from the vaccine. It was because I overdid my exercise the day prior. It was an unfortunate coincidence that the day we got the shingles vaccine was the day I decided to jog 6 miles when I hadn't jogged for decades. LOL.

How are you and how is your DD? I emailed you a while back but not sure you received that last email. You have been in my thoughts. ((((Hugs)))).

Thanks for reaching out, missy! I do not read my e-mail all the time and Juno deletes a lot of it. I did not hear from you. Usually my daughter is OK, but yesterday she had a bad stomach bug. We were running the washer and dryer all day!

I'm sorry you and Greg had hard days after your vaccinations. I am glad you are all done!

Hugs,
Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just got dose 2 of the shingrix vaccine (yesterday morning) and it is kicking our bu**s.

Achey, headache, chills, fever. I started experiencing aches and chills and fever about 5-6 hours after the vaccination. It took Greg about 10 hours to start feeling sick. We both are still experiencing these side effects almost 24 hours later. I hope it abates soon because this is not enjoyable at all. It feels just like having the flu.

Hopefully it will be worth it though. Both Greg and I had shingles years ago and we didn't want to relive that experience.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just got dose 2 of the shingrix vaccine (yesterday morning) and it is kicking our bu**s.

Achey, headache, chills, fever. I started experiencing aches and chills and fever about 5-6 hours after the vaccination. It took Greg about 10 hours to start feeling sick. We both are still experiencing these side effects almost 24 hours later. I hope it abates soon because this is not enjoyable at all. It feels just like having the flu.

Hopefully it will be worth it though. Both Greg and I had shingles years ago and we didn't want to relive that experience.

You just can't get lucky with shingles, can you? First you get shingles, then each dose of the vaccine makes you sick! You are a trooper and so is Greg. Gentle hugs to both of you!

Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You just can't get lucky with shingles, can you? First you get shingles, then each dose of the vaccine makes you sick! You are a trooper and so is Greg. Gentle hugs to both of you!

Deb

Thanks Deb ❤️

I am feeling 100% better this morning. My arm is still a bit sore though.
Greg is feeling much better but he's very tired.

It is definitely worth getting the vaccine because the side effects of the vaccine are nothing compared to getting shingles.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results