shape
carat
color
clarity

Mscushion''s got her cushion!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I got engaged this weekend -- here is the proposal thread for anyone who''s interested.

I''ve taken a lot of pics of my e-ring over the last couple of days. They don''t ever do the ring full justice, but some of them are pretty nice, IMO, so I thought I''d share some of them. I am unbelievably excited to post my own SMTR post, so if I post too many pics, please don''t be mad, I might get carried away a bit!

The center stone is a cushion brilliant from Canada. FI had a very tough time finding a Canadian cushion brilliant, as almost all cushions from there are modified. However, I really wanted a cushion brilliant, and both of us felt strongly about buying Canadian -- just our personal preference (please do not use this thread to argue with us if you disagree ;)). So, FI had to really look hard and for a long time until this little preciousness popped up. In the process, he says he shared quite a bit of knowledge he gathered here on PS with the associates at Brilliant Earth, to their benefit! A huge shout-out is in order here to all the experts on PS, both from me and him!
36.gif
Couldn''t have done it without you. I love this site!

Specs:
GIA
1.54 ct, F, VS1
7.78 x 6.24 x 4.21 mm
L:W 1.25
Polish excellent, symmetry good, fluorescence none
Table: 60%, depth 67.5%, medium to very thick girdle

The setting is a basket setting done by Brilliant Earth with 9 bead-set side stones on each side. Initially inspired by the Cartier 1895 Pave setting, we decided to make the shank a little slimmer (2mm) and ever so slightly tapered where the cathedral comes up to the stone. It is 18K white gold, which I have always preferred to platinum. It is recycled metal (something B.E. offers).

So, here are some pics. Thanks for looking!

mscushion_smtr_1.jpg

Close up... I''m sorry these are so large!

mscushion_smtr_2.jpg

Snow pic...

mscushion_smtr_3.jpg

Another close up! The prongs look way disproportionate here. Not sure why.

mscushion_smtr_5.jpg

Sick of me yet???
31.gif

ETA: FI's hand!

mscushion_smtr_6.jpg

Congratulations mscushion - it''s beyond beautiful! Gorgeous stone (it''s lovely you held out for a brilliant), and love, love, love the pointed prongs. Your FI did a terrific job!
36.gif

View of the basket.

mscushion_smtr_7.jpg

''nother view of basket.

mscushion_smtr_8.jpg

A few more... here''s one from the side.

mscushion_smtr_9.jpg

Sparkley sparkley

mscushion_smtr_ten.jpg

And a bit of fire! This cushion shows unbelievable colors.

mscushion_smtr_twelve.jpg

What does a cushion do when it goes to a restaurant? Turn into a disco ball!

mscushion_smtr_thirteen.jpg

Yay! It looks beautiful!!!
36.gif

And such lovely hands!
Congratulations!!!!!

It''s beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement!

Sooo beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

And one last shot of fire. That''s it!
35.gif

CIMG0050.jpg

Congratulations; it''s beautiful and looks wonderful on your finger!
36.gif

What a beautiful stone!! Even my FI just saw me looking at it and said the same, and he''s quite possibly pickier than I am! Congrats!!

Congratulations! The cushion is really beautiful, the shape of it is very appealing.

Congratulations!
36.gif
Beautiful cushion!

that ring is stunning

it''s beyond beautiful - I''m speachless!

Gorgeous & such a sparkler!

Very pretty. I really love your cushion !!!

it looks awesome!! Congratulations!

Congratulations! That is one gorgeous cushion!

Wow, that is gorgeous!

Kat

I posted in your other thread.... But wow wow wow wow wow!!! It''s freakin'' stunning!!
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif

Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP