shape
carat
color
clarity

mrs.VL

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I'm so very sorry. May the peace of God be with you.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am sorry, VL.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Words are so woefully inadequate, VL.

for_vapidlapid.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so terribly, terribly sorry for your loss.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
(((()))) (hugs)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear this VL. Sending my deepest sympathies at this difficult time.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
My heartfelt condolences, VL! I am very sorry for the loss of your dear wife.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear of your wife's passing. :(sad My condolences to you, your family & close friends.

Judy

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear your dear wife passed away, VL. Sending strength and healing dust to you and all who love Mrs. VL.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So very sad to hear about this, it must be devastating, you were the most wonderful and caring partner and husband which was so obvious from your sharing this terribly difficult journey with us. I had such a bad feeling that this would happen by the time I get back from vacation. I wish we could be there and comfort you but hope we will not lose you from this forum and you will be able to come back. We are here for you. Perhaps think of other ways to cope too, I think maybe grief support forums could help. Cherish the beautiful memories of the times spent together and celebrate her life. :love:

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VL, just wanted to say we're thinking of you during this difficult time.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I am so terribly sorry to hear this. No matter how ill your loved one was, no matter how much pain they were in, how long they lived, how good their life was, how loved they were or how much better it may ultimately be for them to be in peace, it doesn't make it any easier or less sad for the loved ones they leave behind. I hope that time will bring you healing and peace, and in the meantime, I will keep you in my thoughts.

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
VL,
I am so very sorry for your loss.
Joe

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I see there has been a huge outpouring of PS support here, though I haven't read it yet. I am afraid it will be overwhelming and leave me unable to organize a few thoughts, so I will do that first. First I want to apologize for taking so long even to acknowledge you all. Though I knew the day was coming, and had for years, still I was unprepared for the instant sense of there being nothing to do - nothing left of a complex and detailed daily routine, and a feeling of loss of purpose in my life. Of course there is plenty to do, but nothing seemed to matter. If I hadn't had trainings scheduled at the gym I might not have gotten out of bed and dressed for weeks. So that helped. Also out lawyer gave me a long list with timelines of thing I had to get in order, and that gave me an activity and a sense of taking care of things.
I started to edit the furnishings and stuff, rearranged the place so I wouldn't feel like I was completely immersed in her absence. She was more than a bit of a hoarder, so I was feeling very much that the stacks of 40 years of hoard had collapsed on me. I have been making slow, but steady progress there. The living room is comfortable, somewhat open space now, and I am reconfiguring and significantly enlarging my work space. I got it together enough to organize a memorial at a quaker friend meeting place. I have sorted tons of stuff to donate to Housing Works, and selected out all the special things that need to me given to friends, more than they want really. She was a hugely generous person. I displayed most of her little sculptures on a big table. Many welded aluminum objects, completely sealed around but with any one of various objects inside them - she thought of them as bells. They were there so that anyone who wanted one could take it; she always gave them away.
I am drinking a little too much and eating much too little, yet somehow managed to crack two molars. I am mid way through weeks of agony having that corrected.
I will stop here for now so I can get to reading the posts, like a little salve for the spirit.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1442073065|3926871 said:
I will stop here for now so I can get to reading the posts, like a little salve for the spirit.

Aw, honey. I have been remiss in responding to this thread. I thought I would write you a card instead, but have yet to do that, and in the meantime, certainly do not want to give the impression that I have not been thinking about you and Mrs. VL, because I have.

There are no wrongs, my friend. You are doing exactly as you need to do. Hugs to you. Grieve however works and know that we are here, even if we are not all responding on this thread.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am relieved to hear your update. Was really worrying about you but understand the responsibilities and emotions you're dealing with and have dealt with that led to your absence here. A zillion hugs to you. You are in my thoughts as you journey to discovery of how you will live a vastly changed life.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid, I'm very sorry to hear of your great loss.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear this news.. :(sad... HUGS

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
VL so sorry for your loss.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I am Very sorry to hear of your loss. I do hope that as time goes on, it gets easier to manage the pain.

Hugs

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi VapidLapid, thinking of you and wondering how you are. You are in my thoughts. It is such a fraught, difficult journey and it will take much more time than anyone thinks it should, unless they have also been through it. The thing that helped the most was simply time. Lots and lots and lots of time. Eventually there is light at the end of the tunnel, I promise.We are all here for you, we care for you, and we are thinking of you. Lots and lots and lots of dust xxxxx

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VL, wanted to check in and say that you are in my thoughts . . .

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please take care of yourself. Eating healthy and getting enough sleep do wonders for helping you feel better and manage what you need to get done. You and Mrs. VL are in my thoughts.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI VL:

Thinking of you.

kind regards--Sharon

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh VL, this all breaks my heart. My deepest condolences and sympathy.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This must be excruciating. I think you sound like you have your sanity at least, I am not sure I could have kept mine under the circumstances. Eating little and drinking a bit much is normal too but do make sure to eat so you do not get an ulcer or get really sick. I hope you have friends and other people around you to support but I think at first even that is too difficult. Please feel free to share anything you feel and want to share at any time. I just wish we could do more.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
VL - Just checking in to see how you're doing? Still thinking of you and your loss.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here for you too, VL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results