carat
color
clarity

Mrs. Madelise

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Pricescope!

The last time I had some good chatting time with my PS friends was at the PS GTG in Vegas this past summer. My now husband and I celebrated our last weekend of "single fun" at the PS GTG, and at a 80s bar with some of our best sparkly friends, and AthenaWorth got me a tiara to celebrate the occasion.

I promised to share photos of our wedding with everyone after we were back.. and I finally got the last of my photoset yesterday (edit: just kidding-- I still haven't received all the photos from our actual wedding day, just a sneak peek!). Since the GTG, our life has been a whirlwind. One week after the GTG, the husband and I fly out to Ireland, where we got married on a romantic "elopement". We had to be in the country for a week, so we "pre-honeymooned" on a road trip from the west coast to the east, then all the way back again to get married. We then immediately spent our wedding night on an airplane, and headed to Italy. Spent a few days there, then took a Mediterranean cruise for a week and visited Croatia, Greece, and Turkey. We then came back home only to prep for a wedding reception with our nearest and dearest.... and then packed our bags to move 6 hours away.

So yes, whirlwind. Super insane, super busy, and, well, worth it.

I wanted to share photos with my bling friends.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IRISH ELOPEMENT

We got married in an old 1500s castle that's one of the top 10 haunted castles in all of Europe.
vivian_ryan_print_009.jpg

Before the ceremony, a quick photo between the tears. I was shaking nervous to see my groom.
vivian_ryan_web_008.jpg

After the ceremony, with our stone guard lions. We felt like royalty.
vivian_ryan_web_010.jpg

At Ladie's View in Killarney, Ireland
vivian_ryan_web_012.jpg

vivian_ryan_web_011.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HONEYMOON IN SANTORINI

We climbed on someone's roof in the village of Oia. This was a very difficult feat in my skin tight dress. We also got yelled at by the home/s owner. Oops.
vivian_ryan-10.jpg

The iconic village of Oia
vivian_ryan-40.jpg

The black sand at Kamari beach
vivian_ryan-65.jpg

And yes, I loved that my dress was bejeweled.​

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous bride, hot hubby, beautiful wedding and honeymoon. So happy for you. What a wonderful way to start your lives together. Best wishes and lots of hugs for nothing but happiness from this day forward.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RECEPTION

Details

Our reception was held at an organic lavender and olive grove ranch
lavendar_field.png

We partied right between the olive trees, under string lights
olive_grove.png

The sign-in table
sign_in.png

The cocktail hour lounge
bar_area.png

Giant chess, if you please
giant_chess.png

My "Somethings" included the new James Allen 2.50ctw tennis bracelet from the PS GTG party, an antique Irish silver sixpence from the 1400s, a borrowed brooch from the owner of the castle I was married at in Ireland, and my wedding set.
somethings.png

I wore an Edwardian platinum brooch in my hair
hair.png

I had three dresses, so that meant I had to have three pairs of sparkly wedding shoes
_1365_0.png

The place settings. I was going for luxe as well as relaxed, and fell in love with these charger plates
table_setup.png

Sofreh Aghd

Nuts and eggs to symbolize fertility in our marriage, as part of our Persian sofreh aghd ceremony
sofreh_closeup.png

Sugarcanes that my mother in law made for us, that were rubbed on our heads for a sweet marriage during the ceremony
sofreh_cones.png

The whole mini sofreh aghd set up had many items that are symbolic for our marriage
sofreh_0.png

Having the sugar cones rubbed on our heads for the ceremony
screen_shot_2016-08-26_at_7.png

More of Us

First look, peek a boo
first_look.png

In front of a 1100 year old oak tree
screen_shot_2016-08-26_at_8.png

White and purple lavender fields, and my cape blowing in the wind
screen_shot_2016-08-26_at_5.png

Bouquet details
screen_shot_2016-08-26_at_9.png

Dancing under the string lights
screen_shot_2016-08-26_at_6.png

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PHEW, all done, sorry for photo overload. But I'm so excited about my pictures.

Matata: thank you so much :bigsmile: I really am so happy.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to a beautiful couple!... :appl: :appl:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! You make a stunning couple, and the wedding/honeymoon/reception sites were beautiful!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
It all looked very special and beautiful.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photos are unbelievably beautiful, madelise. I would say that they are like something out of a fairy ale, but they are far more colorful, full-bodied, and exotic. Perhaps they are like something out of the Arabian Nights...with a bit of Medieval lore thrown in! You look gorgeous, as does your husband, and the jewels shoes, and clothing definitely get awards for supporting roles! They are all magnificent and were all obviously chosen with exquisite care over a long period of time. This wedding must have taken eons of planning. I wish you a lifetime of health and happiness together!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh Madelise! :appl: Wow, what a gorgeous place to marry your soulmate and best friend and I am so thrilled and happy for you! :appl:
I just love the haunted castle. Beautiful and cool.

As Deb wrote your wedding looks like it is right out of a fairy tale and you look gorgeous and your dh quite handsome. :love:
You are such a beautiful bride and I love all your shoes and dresses and that Edwardian hair piece OMG gorgeous. :love:

Thank you for sharing this with us and please continue sharing more photos. Just beautiful. :love:

Wishing you happiness, health and much love all the years through Madelise. (((HUGS))).

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
So very pretty!!!! Congratulations :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You both look so genuinely happy -- and absolutely stunning! Your dress at the castle is just beyond words. Every detail is so beautiful. The time and care you put into planning really comes through in every picture.

Congratulations on your marriage!

(oh.... And picture overloads are appreciated. When you get more back, if you want to share, I would be happy to be overloaded again!)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My god, what a dream come true wedding, reception, honeymoon package! :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise, I had to look up the "sofreh aghd " as I had never heard of it before. I was impressed by its beauty. Are you, or is your husband, of Persian/Iranian ancestry? I know that Gypsy is, but I never heard you say that you were. I have heard you discuss many languages with which you are familiar, but I do not recall Farsi.

Deb :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, what a stunning wedding and I hope that you both have a long and happy life together!!!!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
All of it is so breathtakingly beautiful! I think my favorite photos are the ones on top of the houses! So worth getting yelled at by the homeowner! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a gorgeous place to get married and you looked just beautiful! What lovely photos you have to remember such
a special occasion! Congratulations on your wedding!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1472277683|4070484 said:

Thanks DF! I hope you make it to the NorCal gtg. Would love to meet you. For some reason, I always imagine you as a Cantonese speaking gangster. Recently I read about Shrimp Boy's indictment, and was like, dude that's probably DF. He's probably a secret hit man gangster who collects diamonds.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaysonsmom, polished, mom happy, pinto bean, arkie, dainty, tyty: thank you for letting me share with you. PS has been a big part of my life. I feel like a major PS bride. Other than my jewelry, I also had jewels we bought as gifts for my mother in law and sister in law. I got them all from other PS friends or with the help of PS friends.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1472292954|4070511 said:
The photos are unbelievably beautiful, madelise. I would say that they are like something out of a fairy ale, but they are far more colorful, full-bodied, and exotic. Perhaps they are like something out of the Arabian Nights...with a bit of Medieval lore thrown in! You look gorgeous, as does your husband, and the jewels shoes, and clothing definitely get awards for supporting roles! They are all magnificent and were all obviously chosen with exquisite care over a long period of time. This wedding must have taken eons of planning. I wish you a lifetime of health and happiness together!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF :wavey:

Hi Deb!! Thank you for your always thoughtful and sweet posts. I actually did little to no planning! I wanted to elope, and just picked a date, venue, and made some dresses. The shoes are from my collecting for pageantry, and I ordered my flowers the day before because I suddenly thought a wedding wouldn't be a wedding without flowers. I actually regret that decision because other than for a few pictures, I didn't get to enjoy them and had to toss them to get on my flight! Our reception was planned completely by my lovely mother and sister in law. I had no clue about the timeline until the day before, and struggled to find time for my dress changes. I just picked the photographer, and gave a few opinions and that's it! I didn't even have time to go to our contract signing or food/cake tasting event since I was working 7 days at that time.

AGBF said:
madelise, I had to look up the "sofreh aghd " as I had never heard of it before. I was impressed by its beauty. Are you, or is your husband, of Persian/Iranian ancestry? I know that Gypsy is, but I never heard you say that you were. I have heard you discuss many languages with which you are familiar, but I do not recall Farsi.

Deb :wavey:

My husband is of Persian/Irish decent, I am of Chinese/Italian decent. The sofreh ceremony was so beautiful, I cried. I love its historical and symbolic significance. The Persian culture has been around for forever, and it just felt like we were taking part in something so rich that moment.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! The photos are stunning. I mean really really gorgeous. I just love the flow of all the dresses and your hair combined with the various settings. So beautiful. Wishing you tons and tons of happiness.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful pictures! You are a beautiful couple.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1472275119|4070478 said:
RECEPTION

Details

Our reception was held at an organic lavender and olive grove ranch
lavendar_field.png

We partied right between the olive trees, under string lights
olive_grove.png

The sign-in table
sign_in.png

The cocktail hour lounge
bar_area.png

Giant chess, if you please
giant_chess.png

My "Somethings" included the new James Allen 2.50ctw tennis bracelet from the PS GTG party, an antique Irish silver sixpence from the 1400s, a borrowed brooch from the owner of the castle I was married at in Ireland, and my wedding set.
somethings.png

I wore an Edwardian platinum brooch in my hair
hair.png

I had three dresses, so that meant I had to have three pairs of sparkly wedding shoes
_1365_0.png

The place settings. I was going for luxe as well as relaxed, and fell in love with these charger plates
table_setup.png

Sofreh Aghd

Nuts and eggs to symbolize fertility in our marriage, as part of our Persian sofreh aghd ceremony
sofreh_closeup.png

Sugarcanes that my mother in law made for us, that were rubbed on our heads for a sweet marriage during the ceremony
sofreh_cones.png

The whole mini sofreh aghd set up had many items that are symbolic for our marriage
sofreh_0.png

Having the sugar cones rubbed on our heads for the ceremony
screen_shot_2016-08-26_at_7.png

More of Us

First look, peek a boo
first_look.png

In front of a 1100 year old oak tree
screen_shot_2016-08-26_at_8.png

White and purple lavender fields, and my cape blowing in the wind
screen_shot_2016-08-26_at_5.png

Bouquet details
screen_shot_2016-08-26_at_9.png

Dancing under the string lights
screen_shot_2016-08-26_at_6.png

I'm so in love with this whole reception! It looks so beautiful and intimate!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1472313305|4070576 said:

Thanks DF! I hope you make it to the NorCal gtg. Would love to meet you. For some reason, I always imagine you as a Cantonese speaking gangster. Recently I read about Shrimp Boy's indictment, and was like, dude that's probably DF. He's probably a secret hit man gangster who collects diamonds.
Funny you mention that name. I bumped into him one time in the late 70's when he was dating my friend's sister.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
"Is she a storybook princess??" That's what my 9 year old DD just asked me! You absolutely look like a princess...a gorgeous, well bejeweled, globe trotting princess! Thanks for sharing your photos and congrats on your marriage!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1472318002|4070596 said:
Congratulations!!! The photos are stunning. I mean really really gorgeous. I just love the flow of all the dresses and your hair combined with the various settings. So beautiful. Wishing you tons and tons of happiness.

Thank you! I aimed for something more fashion-y looking and something more traditional. There's no photo here, but I ended the night in just a cream evening gown with Swarovski crystal sleeves and peplum.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1472323571|4070621 said:
Wonderful pictures! You are a beautiful couple.

Thank you!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MarquiseMadness: thank you! It truly was. Having less than 100 guests meant we got to actually see everyone for at least a moment. But even then, we didn't have enough time with guests!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1472329307|4070660 said:
madelise|1472313305|4070576 said:

Funny you mention that name. I bumped into him one time in the late 70's when he was dating my friend's sister.

Omg really? Haha. I have had a few friends who went to visit him on an ambassadorial trip to bring peace and partnership between SF and LA Chinatowns. So then I looked him up and his story. So scary!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results