shape
carat
color
clarity

Mrs-B's whole curated collection...(more or less...)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've collected a few more pieces recently, so thought I'd add them to this thread in case anyone was interested.

Firstly - my new gypsy ring: .9ct E VS2 AVR with AVR sides - both 9 points - one D SI2 and one E SI1 - set in a whoooole lot of platinum! A good work-horse ring.

68840-5.jpg

68840-4.jpg

68840-3.jpg

68840-2.jpg

68840-1.jpg

Love this setting @mrs-b !!! Would you mind posting a hand shot and finger size of ring for perspective?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling -

Hi Zesty! :wavey: I think this piece is going to arrive here either tomorrow or on Friday. Will post hand shots when it's here. In the meantime tho - it's a size 6.75.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I can’t wait to see this one on your hand! It looks perfect.

@ZestfullyBling -

Hi Zesty! :wavey: I think this piece is going to arrive here either tomorrow or on Friday. Will post hand shots when it's here. In the meantime tho - it's a size 6.75.

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Good lord. Just back from dinner and *seriously* hammered.

Here's a photo of the pin I wore.

Firstly - before dinner when I stil had my shizzle together:

20200912_171930.jpg

20200912_171940.jpg

And with my very best date:

20200912_172537.jpg

And then - at the restaurant, seriously hammered:

20200912_193720.jpg

And now home again!

20200912_210919.jpg

Goodness me! We had 5 or 6 courses (who can remember?!) and half a dozen wines! It was a WONDERFUL evening! Yay us on 36 years of happily married, and DH's birthday, which is next week.

I absolutely love this pin! @Polabowla - thank you so much for the motivation! I love the look of it pinned to my neckline!

Stunning earrings. Did DKJ make them for you? Could we bother you for more pictures of them ?

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
:shock: That new incarnation of your gypsy ring! The diamonds are so white, the platinum is so sleek and shiny, it is such a cool ring. Happy you found the right setting and right stone to complete this dream.

Do you know what the weight is of the gypsy ring came out to be? I'm curious since your completed ring gives me extra faith that DKJ could do my platinum AVR vision.

Both the color and luster of those blue pearls are incredible. The OECs they drop from are so pretty, too.

::) The rich red rubellite is a beautiful ring, too. The halo is classic and classy. It reminds me a little of a ring I have that my grandmother gave my sister, a rhodolite garnet with a little split shank and 6 diamonds set to the north and south.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b I never get tired of looking at this thread! Stunning stuff!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gypsy ring arrived, and I'll take some photos shortly. I currently have a house full of guests and we are 6 adults, all doing different activities and going in different directions. So I'm chief cook and bottle washer, as well as head chauffeur. And when I say 'chief' and 'head'...I mean 'only'!

But suffice to say - it's here, and it's beautiful! I also need to take some profile photos of my cluster. I haven't forgotten - am just a bit pressed for time right now.

Thank you so much:

@Polished1911 - It's very nice to see you - how have you been?

@dhimer - BGD did the stud part, DKJ did the drops and there's a bunch of photos on SMTB somewhere. IF you look through my thread you'll find them. Maybe in the thread 'Not cheaper by the dozen'?

@asterismdispersion - you are too kind! The cluster came in at a shade over 3.6ctw, and we DEFINITELY need to see your sister's ring!

@caolsen - thank you so much! I love jewelry and I think it shows!!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Hi @mrs-b ! I get pretty quiet in the summer. Outdoor job makes my synapses a bit slower.

I need to thank you! You’ve really made me think about pieces and collections. It’s going to take me MANY years to get them together, but I’m being extremely thoughtful early on in the game, because of you! My first yellow gold piece is coming soon, and oh was I particular about getting that starting piece just right.

I utterly adore your platinum gypsy ring. Heart palpitation status. I swear that’s near the top of what I’d like made next, but maybe with heart diamonds on the sides. As long as you don’t mind I’m going to use your ring as the inspiration picture.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @mrs-b ! I get pretty quiet in the summer. Outdoor job makes my synapses a bit slower.

I need to thank you! You’ve really made me think about pieces and collections. It’s going to take me MANY years to get them together, but I’m being extremely thoughtful early on in the game, because of you! My first yellow gold piece is coming soon, and oh was I particular about getting that starting piece just right.

I utterly adore your platinum gypsy ring. Heart palpitation status. I swear that’s near the top of what I’d like made next, but maybe with heart diamonds on the sides. As long as you don’t mind I’m going to use your ring as the inspiration picture.

I'm so glad you like it, @Polished1911! And you are more than welcome to use my design in its entirety or any aspects of it! It took me 4 iterations to land in exactly the right spot, and if I can save you any trial and error, I'd be happy to!

Looking forward to seeing your new yellow gold piece! :wavey:

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b Finally took a few photos: here is my grandmother's / sister's rhodolite garnet and diamond ring, in 14k gold, and I'm guessing a size 5.5. It is very berry-like in color and the diamonds are uniformly sparkly. I remember my grandma got a lot of use out of it and bought it at one of the gem and jewelry expos in the early 1990s. :) 20210703_113010~2.jpg 20210703_114325.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@asterismdispersion -

What a gorgeous garnet!! I'd have worn the heck out of that myself, had I had a ring like that!

Thanks for sharing, AD!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b, I really like the simple elegance of this ring. It looks lovely!

I may adopt this design for my sapphires!
Do you know the gold weight?

Hallo - and happy 4th!

This is one of my own designs, and Amy (at DKJ) won't copy my designs unless running it by me, as I do every aspect of them, down to the 1/10th of a mm.

If you decide you'd like to use it, I'm ok with it and will let Amy know - so just let me know if you'd like to go that route so I can reach out to her. Having said that, tho, there are a zillion gypsy styles, so make sure you look around before you decide this is the one you want; I've already done 4 of them on the road to getting to this one, which I think is the best. They look similar, but they're all different, and some I liked far more than others.

It's not gold - it's platinum and solid, rather than scooped out in the back, so it's *very* heavy. I like the weight of it, but I had to pay the bucks to get it, so be ready for that! On the other hand, I did do 2 that were hollow in the back, and it made no visual difference when on the finger; I just like a heavy ring.

ETA Waiting for you to do a thread on your new beauty!!

Last edited:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo - and happy 4th!

This is one of my own designs, and Amy (at DKJ) won't copy my designs unless running it by me, as I do every aspect of them, down to the 1/10th of a mm.

If you decide you'd like to use it, I'm ok with it and will let Amy know - so just let me know if you'd like to go that route so I can reach out to her. Having said that, tho, there are a zillion gypsy styles, so make sure you look around before you decide this is the one you want; I've already done 4 of them on the road to getting to this one, which I think is the best. They look similar, but they're all different, and some I liked far more than others.

It's not gold - it's platinum and solid, rather than scooped out in the back, so it's *very* heavy. I like the weight of it, but I had to pay the bucks to get it, so be ready for that! On the other hand, I did do 2 that were hollow in the back, and it made no visual difference when on the finger; I just like a heavy ring.

ETA Waiting for you to do a thread on your new beauty!!

Roger that @mrs-b . Great job on the design!! Project is waaay down the line so I have some time to some Gypsy ring research. thanks=)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few changes here, so worth adding. You'd think I'd have more after years of to-ing and fro-ing - yet - no. This photo fails to catch the beautiful colors in these rings. Sometimes I wonder where the color actually *goes* - in between what I see and what lands on PS. It's such a shame - the spinels, for example, are truly spectacular in real life, and the sapphires in that diamond and sapphire band ring are BLUE. Ah well! First world problems.

20210919_093508.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the Beloved set. Not *completely* finished - still waiting for the wider band that will be worn with the 7 stone ring.

20210918_155138.jpg

20210918_160244.jpg

20210918_155336.jpg

:wavey:mrs-b! Your collection is amazing as always!!
I especially LOVE your yellow gold bands on the top row. I'm always looking for carved yellow gold vintage or vintage looking bands and you seem to have found every beautiful one.:D
Also your 3 piece set is absolutely a show stopper.
I'm thinking/planning of a 3 stone yellow gold old cut one right now and your set is an inspiration:appl:.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:mrs-b! Your collection is amazing as always!!
I especially LOVE your yellow gold bands on the top row. I'm always looking for carved yellow gold vintage or vintage looking bands and you seem to have found every beautiful one.:D
Also your 3 piece set is absolutely a show stopper.
I'm thinking/planning of a 3 stone yellow gold old cut one right now and your set is an inspiration:appl:.

Thank you so much, @Rubies-R-Me!

And I have to say, it's honestly DISTURBING to me that I don't have a three stone in my collection! A three-stone in old cuts and yellow gold is the world's most romantic ring, and I will ENVY you when you get yours done!

So now, of course, I'm thinking....three stone in old cuts...three stone in old cuts...mmm-hmmmmmm!! I can't wait to see what you create! :lickout:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Very excited about this new project.
I was never a fan of 3 stone rings as I always thought they looked slightly like unfinished eternity bands. Then I tried one on recently and I was hooked!
Will post when I get moving on it. :D

iwantadiamond

Rough_Rock
Next up, my white metals - more dressy. And let me just say here that my idea of dressy may not be your idea of dressy. There are PS members with far more spectacular pieces than me, and I acknowledge that freely and with all due deference.

2 x diamond and platinum bangles. I'm not entirely sure of the ctw, but it's upwards of 10ctw for the pair.

Diamond and platinum pin - 2.6ctw. Ideal cut, colorless.

Diamond and platinum cluster earrings - 2 x .95 centers surrounded by 18 x 15pt diamonds. All ideal cut, all colorless. Roughly 4.6ctw.

14.3mm AAA SS pearls with approx 1.65ctw colorless diamonds. Rounds are BGD signature. Platinum.

Cluster pendant is a 1.11ct center - GOG Ascendancy, I color. Sides are ideal cut, colorless. Setting is platinum.

I don't have a platinum engagement-style ring, but will probably switch my yellow gold 3 stone to a platinum solitaire at some point. In the meantime, I use these 4:

1 x gypsy ring with approx .7ct OEC with 2 x 10 point AVRs - all colorless - set in platinum.
Approx 2.15ctw platinum 7 stone diamond band. I love this ring - so easy to wear and has plenty of presence. All stones colorless and ideal cut.
1+ctw Leon Mege diamond and platinum eternity
Sapphire and diamond 4ctw platinum eternity

20200712_113034.jpg

20200712_112830.jpg

20200712_113130.jpg

20200712_112807.jpg

20200712_113156.jpg

20200712_112804.jpg

20200712_113227.jpg

20200712_112857.jpg

20200712_112800.jpg

20200712_112848.jpg

Where did you get the necklace?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few changes here, so worth adding. You'd think I'd have more after years of to-ing and fro-ing - yet - no. This photo fails to catch the beautiful colors in these rings. Sometimes I wonder where the color actually *goes* - in between what I see and what lands on PS. It's such a shame - the spinels, for example, are truly spectacular in real life, and the sapphires in that diamond and sapphire band ring are BLUE. Ah well! First world problems.

20210919_093508.jpg

Haha - what the camera does to the colors is truly a mystery that plagues all of us with CS jewelry! Beautiful collection as always.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results