shape
carat
color
clarity

Mrs-B's whole curated collection...(more or less...)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good lord. Just back from dinner and *seriously* hammered.

Here's a photo of the pin I wore.

Firstly - before dinner when I stil had my shizzle together:

20200912_171930.jpg

20200912_171940.jpg

And with my very best date:

20200912_172537.jpg

And then - at the restaurant, seriously hammered:

20200912_193720.jpg

And now home again!

20200912_210919.jpg

Goodness me! We had 5 or 6 courses (who can remember?!) and half a dozen wines! It was a WONDERFUL evening! Yay us on 36 years of happily married, and DH's birthday, which is next week.

I absolutely love this pin! @Polabowla - thank you so much for the motivation! I love the look of it pinned to my neckline!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
You look so beautiful & the pin is perfect- lovely pop of bling !
Congratulations on such a wonderful long marriage ! 36 years wow! And happy birthday to your dh!
What did you guys eat? Have not had a nice dinner out in ages

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
I love the ruby and yellow gold ring. I am trying to find a stacker to wear with my set. If you ever decide to sell it, keep me in mind!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful collection

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I nuts?

I can't help but think: maybe don't post identifiable personal photos in a thread with your very fine jewelry...? Most here crop out their face, etc.

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
Next up, my white metals - more dressy. And let me just say here that my idea of dressy may not be your idea of dressy. There are PS members with far more spectacular pieces than me, and I acknowledge that freely and with all due deference.

2 x diamond and platinum bangles. I'm not entirely sure of the ctw, but it's upwards of 10ctw for the pair.

Diamond and platinum pin - 2.6ctw. Ideal cut, colorless.

Diamond and platinum cluster earrings - 2 x .95 centers surrounded by 18 x 15pt diamonds. All ideal cut, all colorless. Roughly 4.6ctw.

14.3mm AAA SS pearls with approx 1.65ctw colorless diamonds. Rounds are BGD signature. Platinum.

Cluster pendant is a 1.11ct center - GOG Ascendancy, I color. Sides are ideal cut, colorless. Setting is platinum.

I don't have a platinum engagement-style ring, but will probably switch my yellow gold 3 stone to a platinum solitaire at some point. In the meantime, I use these 4:

1 x gypsy ring with approx .7ct OEC with 2 x 10 point AVRs - all colorless - set in platinum.
Approx 2.15ctw platinum 7 stone diamond band. I love this ring - so easy to wear and has plenty of presence. All stones colorless and ideal cut.
1+ctw Leon Mege diamond and platinum eternity
Sapphire and diamond 4ctw platinum eternity

20200712_113034.jpg

20200712_112830.jpg

20200712_113130.jpg

20200712_112807.jpg

20200712_113156.jpg

20200712_112804.jpg

20200712_113227.jpg

20200712_112857.jpg

20200712_112800.jpg

20200712_112848.jpg

If it's not too much trouble, may I trouble you for an action shot of the two diamond bangles together?
Thank you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I nuts?

I can't help but think: maybe don't post identifiable personal photos in a thread with your very fine jewelry...? Most here crop out their face, etc.

@LilAlex -

'Most here' do a variety of things. A whole bunch here have not only met me, but have also been to my house. So that ship has sailed. If you look at the profiles of people like me who have been on PS for a number of years, you'll find some have few qualms about posting photos and some prefer not to.

But thank you for your concern.

In the meantime, back to the purpose of this thread....

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock

20200912_171930.jpg

20200912_171940.jpg

20200912_172537.jpg

20200912_193720.jpg

And now home again!

20200912_210919.jpg

Goodness me! We had 5 or 6 courses (who can remember?!) and half a dozen wines! It was a WONDERFUL evening! Yay us on 36 years of happily married, and DH's birthday, which is next week.

I absolutely love this pin! @Polabowla - thank you so much for the motivation! I love the look of it pinned to my neckline!

You are so effortlessly elegant. :kiss2:Congratulations on your anniversary and happy early bday to you husband!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Orchids0926 -

There are various photos of my bangles in my posts. I've only had my second bangle since June, so if you want to look back over my more recent threads, you should see the thread where I received the second bangle. I believe there's a couple of photos of the two bangles together in that thread. It might be in the Boadicea the Valiant thread.

:wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seem to vaguely remember an amusee bouche followed by seared foie gras. And then foie gras terrine with stewed blackberries. An amazing shiraz, beef with caramelized eggplant and various other things. Three bread courses. Then some sort of brown sugar based dessert with dessert wine. Then cheese. Then petit fours. Then more wine. Then my husband pouring me into the car for the drive home.

It was a fabulous evening.

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
Hi @Orchids0926 -

There are various photos of my bangles in my posts. I've only had my second bangle since June, so if you want to look back over my more recent threads, you should see the thread where I received the second bangle. I believe there's a couple of photos of the two bangles together in that thread. It might be in the Boadicea the Valiant thread.

:wavey:

I found the picture! Thank you! Definitely convinced me to go with stacking my tennis bracelet. Sorry for missing the first picture and skimming through your post history to find it... guess this is what I get for being MIA for so long (got sick for over a month).

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found the picture! Thank you! Definitely convinced me to go with stacking my tennis bracelet. Sorry for missing the first picture and skimming through your post history to find it... guess this is what I get for being MIA for so long (got sick for over a month).

Oh no! Are you ok now, @Orchids0926? I'm sorry to hear you were unwell.

I'm glad you found a couple of photos - it's 1am here on the east coast and I'm in bed; I can't see myself pulling out the camera just now! :lol:

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
I'm doing better, thank you for asking. It was right at the beginning of SIP, and I had never been so sick my whole life. Doctor thought it was lupus, but after multiple blood work, turns out I have a failing kidney and it was infected. We are monitoring the damage, but so far, it doesn't warrant surgery. Other than going for my weekly blood work, I haven't been outside my house since March.

Wishing everyone good health!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm doing better, thank you for asking. It was right at the beginning of SIP, and I had never been so sick my whole life. Doctor thought it was lupus, but after multiple blood work, turns out I have a failing kidney and it was infected. We are monitoring the damage, but so far, it doesn't warrant surgery. Other than going for my weekly blood work, I haven't been outside my house since March.

Wow! That's a VERY big deal! I'm glad they worked it out and I hope you go from strength to strength!

As for me - I laughed when I saw your comment about being effortlessly elegant. I'm 60 years old and - believe me! - NOTHING is effortless at this age!! :mrgreen:

But thank you for your so-kind comments, and I hope we ALL get to leave our houses and resume our lives as we know them, soon.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock

Oh no I'm so sorry! Wishing you a full recovery

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful thread! Thank you for sharing your stunning collection with us. I continue to be impressed with your thought process and your ability to edit your collection.

In your white metal casual photo I don’t see an OEC (.72 OEC ring) could you share a photo of it? I’ve looked over this collection several times because I love white metals. I’m thinking about adding Single Cut diamonds or OECs to my small collection.

So glad your health has improved and you are enjoying life.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20200912_171930.jpg

20200912_171940.jpg

20200912_172537.jpg

20200912_193720.jpg

And now home again!

20200912_210919.jpg

oh WOW! Those earrings just GLOW. I’m finally starting to understand why pearls can be expensive. Those really look incredible!
And I love your shade of lipstick. Beautiful!
Happy anniversary and birthday!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exquisite collection and the pearl earrings look absolutely stunning on you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20200912_171930.jpg

20200912_171940.jpg

20200912_172537.jpg

20200912_193720.jpg

And now home again!

20200912_210919.jpg

@mrs-b I'm just revisiting this thread again, (as I often do) and I would just like to say that I wished I look HALF as put together & lovely as you when I've had far too much to drink. It happens rarely, but when it does, i can REALLY rock the drunken, incoherent, down & out bum look very well :lol:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your taste so so so so much! Your items are my inspiration! It’s funny we seem to have different taste in clothes as I tend towards a little wild as far as prints and boots and leather jackets but the jewelers is 100 percent on. Now my main list from your collection are those diamond halo studs!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling -

Thank you, Zesty! I am still in awe of the ring in your avatar. That COLOR!! I have to say, it was one of the pieces on Pricescope that made a seminal difference in the risks I am prepared to take with color. It's just sublime! And I hope you'e keeping well during the nightmare which is 2020! :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T - I don't know that I believe that for a *second*! But thank you for the lovely compliment!

My best friend was out from LA last week, and last Saturday we went to dinner at the same restaurant. I made a concerted effort to moderate my intake on all fronts (!!) but I don't know that it made a lot of difference - every time I looked down, my glass was full!

I talk a lot on PS about how I am quite casual in my jewelry - and it's true. Dinner was at one of Boston's most upmarket restaurants - yet here's the jewelry I wore....

Resized_20201017_194813.jpeg

Rose gold hoops with a diamond stud in my outer, single piercing, no necklace, and (you can't see this part) my rose gold ruby and diamond antique ring. That was it. Very, very low key.

I keep it casual 95% of the time and often wonder if it would make much difference in my life were I to get rid of three quarters of the jewelry I wear. That is, perhaps, the number one lesson I've learnt about jewelry - most of us don't wear a fraction of what we own, so buy accordingly!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GearGirly -

Your taste in fashion sounds AWESOME! Feel free to post a photo or two here of your favorite outfits, or any pieces in your wardrobe you particularly like: I'd love to see!

My taste was much more adventuresome when I was younger, but hitting 60 was a seminal moment for me, and I look to keep it understated and reigned in now. I go for a classy, less detailed look these days, because I don't want excessive detail in my clothes to add to the detail of my wrinkles! It's many years since I was smooth and streamlined!!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs. B -IIRC, didn’t you have your patio furniture painted red? If so have you ever posted a picture? I am thinking about painting my wrought iron furniture either red or cobalt blue ( it’s been green, white and black over the years and now I am thinking color). Would love to see a picture if you have one! Thanks!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @lambskin :))

I do have red furniture! The dry-stripping company sent me these photos when it was done and this is all I have to hand at the moment. I believe these were taken at the company factory. Gives an excellent idea of the color.

This isn't all my pieces, but enough to give you a fair idea. I think it's gorgeous, and it *really* stands out against the green of my yard.

IMG_0833.jpeg

IMG_0832.jpeg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love::love::clap::clap::clap:I have been thinking about these since you first mentioned them! Love them!Now what colors/patterns are you going to use for the cushions?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love::love::clap::clap::clap:I have been thinking about these since you first mentioned them! Love them!Now what colors/patterns are you going to use for the cushions?

Hi @lambskin -

I only just saw this - sorry! I have green cushions. Sounds kinda loud, I know, but it looks awesome. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Added a couple more pieces to my collection, so wanted to add them here: my opal and diamond drop earrings in rose gold, and my purple spinel and diamond ring - also in rose gold. That finishes my rose gold collection.

20210129_153327.jpg

20210129_153721.jpg

802108 793522

And just one extra one of my Christmas ring that I took today. I'll be switching out the center stone for something larger cut by the inimitable Jeff White in the next couple of months. It's being cut at the moment, then it goes off to DKJ for resetting.

20210129_153528.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results