shape
carat
color
clarity

Mr. Bush and Mr.ObamaTour the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laura would not tolerate any lack of hospitality, even a house that will not be hers after January!

Bush is not mean. He failed on a lot of levels as President. However, I would hope he did not SET OUT to fail. Who would? I am sure one on one he is charming and nice. Hopefully Obama can come in smoothly and clean things up!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 9:46:36 PM
Author: luckystar112
I saw a body language 'expert' on the news today who said that when Obama put his hand on Bush's back he was doing a 'power grab'. While he probably did it subconsciously (or maybe not), the move shows confidence and is a way of showing that you are superior.
OMG! Look at this innocent baby 'power grabbing' Obama! She thinks she's so "superior"!
3.gif

babypower.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
But don''t worry ... Obama got his revenge on this obviously sub-par baby.
31.gif
11.gif

powerbaby.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to assume by your emoticon that you aren''t being snarky.
But jusssssssst in case, I was just relaying what I heard, and I think it makes a lot of sense. It shows that he takes control and is not intimidated by people. And that confidence, in turn, makes people more confident in him.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:15:47 AM
I''m going to assume by your emoticon that you aren''t being snarky. But jusssssssst in case, I was just relaying what I heard, and I think it makes a lot of sense. It shows that he takes control and is not intimidated by people. And that confidence, in turn, makes people more confident in him.
I actually agree with the body language expert''s assessment generally ... I''m just hypersensitive to folks automatically spinning stuff about Obama in the most negative way possible. It seemed like you might be implying that he''s obnoxious & going around making power moves on people to intimidate them ... when the gesture seemed warm & sincere to most people. So I thought it would be funny to see him "dominating" babies & old people. Old people proved too hard to find -- so ... babies it was I didn''t expect to find such a cheeky baby
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:20:59 AM
Author: decodelighted

I''m going to assume by your emoticon that you aren''t being snarky. But jusssssssst in case, I was just relaying what I heard, and I think it makes a lot of sense. It shows that he takes control and is not intimidated by people. And that confidence, in turn, makes people more confident in him.
I actually agree with the body language expert''s assessment generally ... I''m just hypersensitive to folks automatically spinning stuff about Obama in the most negative way possible. It seemed like you might be implying that he''s obnoxious & going around making power moves on people to intimidate them ... when the gesture seemed warm & sincere to most people. So I thought it would be funny to see him ''dominating'' babies & old people. Old people proved too hard to find -- so ... babies it was I didn''t expect to find such a cheeky baby
1.gif
Deco, you''re a dork.
3.gif

Amelia power trips on me with her hands like that all the time. Trust me, when it comes to her, I am subpar, submissive, but it''s sublime!

I do think in this case, Obama was being sincere and warm. I can''t imagine that he has anything but respect for how hard the job of president must be. I do think though that touchy people (and I am one of them) need to be aware that some people really don''t dig being touched.

Bush, I do agree, can be charming...mostly when he speaks about his family or personal matters. The rest, well, I''ll keep my opinion to myself. But I do believe he is at heart, a good guy, and did his best (which unfortunately sucked beans.)

Laura Bush, I love.

And I agree...it will be nice to have kids in the white house again...hopefully they adjust well and teach their dad how to make proper tuna.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:20:59 AM

I'm going to assume by your emoticon that you aren't being snarky. But jusssssssst in case, I was just relaying what I heard, and I think it makes a lot of sense. It shows that he takes control and is not intimidated by people. And that confidence, in turn, makes people more confident in him.
I actually agree with the body language expert's assessment generally ... I'm justhypersensitive to folks automatically spinning stuff about Obama in the most negative way possible. It seemed like you might be implying that he's obnoxious & going around making power moves on people to intimidate them ... when the gesture seemed warm & sincere to most people. So I thought it would be funny to see him 'dominating' babies & old people. Old people proved too hard to find -- so ... babies it was I didn't expect to find such a cheeky baby
1.gif
I actually posted it as a compliment.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:30:53 AM
2.gif
Growing on ya already? Sweet! I was truly just joking around. An excuse for baby pictures ...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! That baby better watch it-Obama can destroy her once he's the president! That baby won't get accepted to preschool at the rate she's going!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:37:36 AM

Date: 11/11/2008 12:30:53 AM
2.gif
Growing on ya already? Sweet! I was truly just joking around. An excuse for baby pictures ...
Hehe...I wouldn''t go THAT far. We''ll see.
9.gif

If you''re going to start posting baby pictures though, I''m going to whip out that crying baby with a terrified McCain again. LOL

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for posting The Picture for me, CDNinNYC. You obviously know things about computers that I do not know ;-). And whoever called Deco a dork had better watch it. She may be a dork but you aren't supposed to be calling people names. Ali may be watching. Shhh! ;-)

Deb
34.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pics. My faves are the ladies seated, and the guys in the Oval office. And of course the baby pics. Obama has such a loving warmth with little ones, it''s quite evident.

I''ve got one I like, I think because of the shadow cast on the house.

obamabushvisit1.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2008 8:59:55 AM
Author: Ellen
Great pics. My faves are the ladies seated, and the guys in the Oval office. And of course the baby pics. Obama has such a loving warmth with little ones, it''s quite evident.

I''ve got one I like, I think because of the shadow cast on the house.
Ellen, I like this one too. But where''s Bush''s shadow? Maybe he doesn''t cast a shadow?!?! LOL!
32.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 9:55:30 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Ellen, I like this one too. But where''s Bush''s shadow? Maybe he doesn''t cast a shadow?!?! LOL!
32.gif
lol I wondered that too. I guess Barack is "over shadowing" him.....

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2008 10:02:36 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 11/11/2008 9:55:30 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
32.gif
lol I wondered that too. I guess Barack is ''over shadowing'' him.....
9.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Hey, those rooms look familiar
2.gif

I was lucky enough to get a private tour of the white house in the late 80''s.
21.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 10:54:32 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Hey, those rooms look familiar
2.gif

I was lucky enough to get a private tour of the white house in the late 80''s.
21.gif
Lucky duck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results