shape
carat
color
clarity

Mr. Bush and Mr.ObamaTour the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved the series of photos showing Mr. Bush taking Mr. Obama on a tour of the White House today. I particularly liked the one in which Mr. Obama had laid a friendly hand on Mr. Bush''s back. I am going to have to try to find some of those images!

Deborah
34.gif

MessrsObamaBush.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please do find more images, Deb! That''s a good one-I wonder if they planned their outfits to match!

I think it''s great that Bush is being so helpful regarding the transition. I guess he can''t wait to hand that mess over to someone else!
3.gif
But seriously, I''ve heard that other transitions have not been so friendly, with unfriendliness coming from both Repubs and Dems!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
More pics please!! I think he will make the transition an easier one for Obama. I''d love to see pics of Laura and Michelle too!!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Love that first pic!

Found some more....

20081110_d-525-515h.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Laura and Michelle.

20081110_p111008jb-0398-515h.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read the other day that Mrs. Bush had defended Mrs. Obama about a statement she made that was blown out of proportion by the media. And Mrs. Obama wrote her a note to thank her. These are all decent, caring people, just with some differing political viewpoints. That''s why I try to be respectful towards all of them. They do not have an easy life, in spite of the superficial luxuries.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
President and President-Elect.

20081110_d-577-515h.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
In the Oval Office.

OvalOffice2008.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:03:41 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Laura and Michelle.
Awww, great pic. I wonder if that was taken in the private quarter''s? Guessing no?? I wonder what the private quarters look like.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Almost identical to the first photo. I like that they''re looking at each other in this one.

20081110_d-566-515h.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many pictures have been posted, that I have to be careful. I hope I''m not reposting a photo that is already up here now!

Deb
34.gif

ObamaBushAgain.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:09:47 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Laura and Michelle.
Awww, great pic. I wonder if that was taken in the private quarter's? Guessing no?? I wonder what the private quarters look like.
I like it too! I'm not sure but I found these photos on the White House website. I'm assuming they were taken by an "in-house" photographer.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laura and Michelle.
Awww, great pic. I wonder if that was taken in the private quarter''s? Guessing no?? I wonder what the private quarters look like.
Yes, I believe that is the private living room.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still want that photo where Mr. Obama has his hand on Mr. Bush''s back! Only I can''t get it out of the slide show in which I saw it!

Deb
34.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:11:52 PM
Author: AGBF

So many pictures have been posted, that I have to be careful. I hope I''m not reposting a photo that is already up here now!

Deb
34.gif
OMG, at first glance I thought they were holding hands!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:14:19 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Laura and Michelle.
Awww, great pic. I wonder if that was taken in the private quarter's? Guessing no?? I wonder what the private quarters look like.
Yes, I believe that is the private living room.
Thanks DS!!
1.gif

Deb,
Thanks for starting this thread. I am really looking forward to seeing their children. What fun it will be to have children in the white house. I am guessing not many pics will be released. as to protect their privacy. I loved how they had the biggest smiles while walking out to the stage at Grant Park with their parents. They are too cute.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:17:20 PM

I still want that photo where Mr. Obama has his hand on Mr. Bush''s back! Only I can''t get it out of the slide show in which I saw it!

Deb
34.gif
This photo is the best I can do for now.

ObamaBushGreet.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mr. Obama is obviously a toucher. That isn''t the photo I was referring to, but that one is nice, too. I like people who touch :).

Here is a reference to the other touch:

"Obama put his hand on Bush''s back cordially as the two couples entered the mansion. The leaders then strolled down the colonnade side by side, chatting. Obama was the more animated of the two, gesturing with both hands. He had never set foot in the Oval Office before and was ushered in ahead of Bush."

Deb
34.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:56:25 PM

Mr. Obama is obviously a toucher. That isn''t the photo I was referring to, but that one is nice, too. I like people who touch :).
He seems like such a people person; I love that and he seems to love his family very much!!!
9.gif

Great pictures, thanks for starting this HAPPY thread DEB
36.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Here you go!

Obamapatsback.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 7:54:27 PM
Author: thing2of2
Please do find more images, Deb! That's a good one-I wonder if they planned their outfits to match!

I think it's great that Bush is being so helpful regarding the transition. I guess he can't wait to hand that mess over to someone else!
3.gif
But seriously, I've heard that other transitions have not been so friendly, with unfriendliness coming from both Repubs and Dems!
FIRST thing I thought when I saw the pics... "did they call each other before hand to coordinate outfits?"
9.gif
I like the Michelle and Laura pics the best. That one in the oval office is so... perfect. Posed. It's like Martha Stewart was in charge of it, right down the matching outfits, and that flower arrangement.

ETA: The back legs of the chairs they are sitting in even hit the second blue circle in the carpet at the same spot.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say I am sure it was on one hand not easy for Bush, when he is so unpopular as a President and knows Obama really railed against him while he was running. Heck, even McCain had to distance himself to have a chance. Now Bush is in the position to be gracious and welcoming and I am glad that it looks like it went well.

I also think it is great that the transition is well managed in this country. One person leaves and the other comes in to take his place with ease and smoothness.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing I heard on the news tonight was that Obama campaigned against Bush policies and did not make personal attacks against the man himself. I think that speaks highly of his character and it is something worth emulating.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 9:01:37 PM
Author: Skippy123

He seems like such a people person; I love that and he seems to love his family very much!!!
9.gif

36.gif
Ditto. Love that he''s a toucher, seems very sincere. I think the white house will be feeling lots of love going forward.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 9:22:52 PM

Date: 11/10/2008 9:01:37 PM
Author: Skippy123

9.gif

36.gif
Ditto. Love that he''s a toucher, seems very sincere. I think the white house will be feeling lots of love going forward.
I agree!!! Yay for feeling the love
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I saw a body language "expert" on the news today who said that when Obama put his hand on Bush''s back he was doing a "power grab". While he probably did it subconsciously (or maybe not), the move shows confidence and is a way of showing that you are superior. I just found that interesting since I saw him do it to McCain on several occasions.

It doesn''t surprise me that Bush is a decent guy. Obama didn''t speak about him personally during the campaign, but he sort of did in his book, and in an ugly way---IMO anyway. Of course, I never read the book. Just an excerpt from the Fox report on it here. So the paragraphs could be taken out of context.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure he did not outright attack Bush, but no one really is feeling the love for George and he knows it. Much commentary was made about how bad things are in this country and that it is mostly his fault. So I just think it is nice if they can at least put that behind them and get this transition moving smoothly for the sake of helping heal the country. Looks like it is off to a good start.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, it just seems to me he''s very expressive with his hands. FI also talks with his hands; he''s toned it down, though, since I told him it was a bit distracting.
12.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the pictures are absolutely lovely. After Michelle''s atrocious dress on election night, I was so relieved to see her in something that''s so elegant.

I can''t to wait to see pictures of the girls in the White House during Christmas!

And I can''t imagine George being anything but gracious. He''s got to feel sorry for Obama, after everything he''s been through in the past 8 years. And if he''s got the same Texas hospitality my aunts have, he''s golden. Plus I think of Laura as being very prim and proper so I think she''d kick his @$$ if he were rude in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results