carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Mozambique paraiba tourmaline in Leon Mege French cut ring

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Mozambique paraiba tourmaline in Leon Mege French cut ri

Raymond Polichano|1293590693|2808526 said:
Where did you find that beautiful tourmaline and if may i ask what was the purchase price
She has stated earlier in the thread that she will NOT BE SHARING the final purchase price.

GORGEOUS RING!!!! I know Singlestone has used french cuts for a long time. Believe they may be responsible for popularizing them around these parts. But Leon has certainly PERFECTED their use. Yummo!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you everyone for your nice comments. Sorry for not responding earlier, but I have been busy with Christmas and didn't realize there are new responses to this old thread about my Mozambique cuprian tourmaline ring.

Cind 11, Raymond Polichano, vbnet: I don't mean to ignore your questions, but a good friend who is in the color stone business helped me find the stone and he has requested that I do not discuss the price and source. All I can say is the stone came from a reputable US dealer who does not sell on eBay. I believe I paid a fair but not a cheap price. Mr. Raymond Polichano, there are no bargains if you want a good quality stone. Knowing what I paid for my stone is not going to help you as very small difference in color, saturation, clarity and neon quality can make a big difference in the price. You really cannot make judgements on these stones from a picture as it is very difficult to capture the 'neon' glow and stones from Mozambique tend to change color and saturation under different lighting conditions. You should see the stone in real life before making a decision. Just because the cert says 'copper and maganese bearing' does not guarantee that the stone has a good 'neon' glow. Also, just because a stone comes from Brazil does not guarantee that it is neon either.

Gypsy: I am glad I had the opportunity to show you my ring at our last GTG and I am happy you like it. It is one of my favorites. I also like my spinel LM ring. That was my favorite before I got this one.

minousbijoux: I know exactly what you mean regarding staring at the ring when I am stopped in traffic. I have been honked at when the light turned green. As for the basket, I was not expecting double prongs and double claws, but I do like the way it turned out. It makes it more unique, especially with the french cut diamond incorporated into the design. I believe this is the only double prong basket that Leon has made so far and I hope it will be the only one.

Mary Poppins: Another PS'er posted pictures of the 'neon' glow in paraiba type stones in another thread. When I saw my stone looking just like what he described while I was at the Apple store, I snapped the picture. It's really strange how the facet junctions disappear, and you just see a glob of neon color. I have not seen this happen to my other color stones.

I am enjoying my ring and I am grateful and overwhelmed by the nice and generous comments that I have received on this thread. It is nice to share with others who appreciate gems and jewelry.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And you didn't post this in the CS forum!!! :shock: No wonder I missed this thread until now!! You need to post a link there AN, so we, who really appreciate colored stones, can see this.

AN, you have the most exquisite jewelry, once again, I'm in awe. There are no words to convey how I feel about this piece, it's just too breathtaking.

You do know that if you photographed all your amazing pieces side by side, people would start having heart palpatations. Not that I'm asking you to do that. ;))

I am so glad you finally found a beautiful paraiba, as I know you've been searching for one for years it seems. Congratulations on the stone and the finished piece.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock

TL: Glad you like my ring. It means a lot coming from you as you are an expert in color stones. It took a long time to find a decent Mozambique stone within my limited budget. If my budget were unlimited, I would have held out for a Brazilian paraiba. I am happy with the way the ring turned out. I did not post the finished ring on the CS forum, but I did post a few not so good pictures of the loose stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Art Nouveau|1294651863|2818696 said:
TL: Glad you like my ring.

Replace the word "like" with "love, adore, worship, covet, stunned by, etc. . . "

You are truly a lovely lady, and I'm so happy you finally obtained your beautiful paraiba.

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock

Oh my gosh! That is the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. :love: The stone is an AMAZING color and the setting - well it's perfect. I hope you wear and love it for many years!!! :appl:

gayani1

Shiny_Rock

what a beautiful ring !!!! :bigsmile: :lickout: :love:

yueyechuyan

Rough_Rock

Super Super! I love the color. Perfect for daily wearing.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

This is so lovely! I know it's an old thread, but I'd never seen it before.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Tourmaline|1470744928|4063827 said:
This is so lovely! I know it's an old thread, but I'd never seen it before.
Isn't it dreamy? It's always been my favorite. This and her Mahenge ring. #blinggoals

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This looks really good.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is lovely, so bright and vibrant. The perfect fun summer piece.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I had not seen this thread before. Beautiful ring!

Muhammad_Ali

Rough_Rock
It's so hard to capture Paraiba glow with pictures

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an unbelievably gorgeous ring @Art Nouveau. Where was I when you first posted this? Hiding under a rock I guess. It's so fabulous! :love::love::love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results