shape
carat
color
clarity

MOVING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I realized as they left with the last boxes that I think they were kind of ''rolling'' a box down the stairs...like, bump, bump, bump on the stairs

So did everything make it intact?

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Blue...how is the transition going? It is wonderful that your BF has been supportive & is there for you.
25.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Erin and Nooners, you are sweet to check in.

I haven''t really adjusted yet, to be honest....it''s nice to be home, but I got slammed with a bad cold this week so it''s been a little slo-mo. And as far as the boxes go....? I''m a little traumatized: I had one piece of furniture that I shipped in a lamp box (this funky French antique tall drawer-stacky thing on four legs--more sentimental value than anything else) and I knew something was wrong when the box wouldn''t even stand up. One of the legs was BROKEN OFF and the entire integrity of the structure is just screwed--it''s this old pressed wood inlay thing, no nails or pegs. I hope it can be repaired and I was just LIVID when it arrived....it was insured a little bit, but I was just so steamed with the total capriciousness with which they obviously handled my stuff--I mean, it said FRAGILE in huge letters on the box.
29.gif
29.gif
So needless to say, after that I was so discouraged, I stopped opening boxes. A week later, I still haven''t really dealt with them--I need to this weekend since I have no idea where most of my clothes are! But it was so frustrating and upsetting.
14.gif
14.gif

But thanks again, ladies, for checking in. It is nice to be back--have a dinner-and-a-movie date w/ bf tonight, was up in LA this week briefly and saw my little nephews, and will be back shooting a short next week, so things are ok. Although I had a total packing-anxiety dream last night--was still in NY and the packing was neverending...

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the broken leg, BR, I knwo haow fristrating it is to have something that cannot be replaced damaged. Perhaps there is a vintage furntiture store in your area that can help with repairs? Either that, or perhaps a woodworker could figure out a way to fix it. Hope your cold gets better.....

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jen
1.gif
(The broken leg comment made me smile though--maybe I can just put it on crutches
2.gif
) There is a place in town that I think may be able to help...it''s just more frustrating than anything else, like you said.

HOWEVER.....not nearly as frustrating as being IN THE HOUSE with a certain blinding sparkly item that shall remain nameless!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
OH! OH BOY!!! Now *THAT* is exciting!!! Are you sure its just a dinner and a movie date?!?!?!?
emgift.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses: Welcome back home. I don't know how I missed an entire page. Sorry to hear about the broken leg. I hope your local store can fix it for you. I hate moving too... once i moved I had a box with my suits, shoes and designer scarves collection... never got to me... gone. I was devastated. Jenn I just could feel your wardrobe horror.

PS: BR aka Baby, I love your new avatar!

NJC:
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals
5.gif
njc, I''m pretty sure it''s just dinner and a movie--we''re going to catch Sideways and then get a bite at wherever is still open afterwards--it may end up being TGIFridays (aka tchatchkis
2.gif
) since there''s one next to the movie theatre.....so just a datey-date, I''m afraid! But I appreciate the good wishes--maybe some will float in the air his way!!

Hearts, that is awful!!! I would be just beside myself--at least all of my stuff arrived, so I should count my blessings!
7.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
BR: you and bf will love that movie. Bf and I saw it a week ago. Have a lovely date! Have fun!
emlove.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results