shape
carat
color
clarity

MOVING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
blueroses - oh I wish I had known that you were cruising 47th st yesterday...I was there around 3pm for a quick peek @ my ring. I''ll admit that I spent a few minutes checking out the storefronts. YUM. I get overwhelmed by all the bling..it''s just blinding.

I had to laugh at your description of your GBF (another thread).
5.gif
GBF''s are fabulous. Every girl needs at least one!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Lovey, shoot! I missed you by around an hour and a half (it was around 1:30)!! But I was actually thinking of you as I looked down the block towards Leon''s office! (I''ve never been in, but I''ve thought about it!!) Do you work in midtown?

It IS fun to cruise the bling....but what I also love-thanks to PS--is now that my knowledge is enough to also know when the stones in the window are NOT good--that''s strangely gratifying too!!

Yep, GBFs are fabulous
2.gif
2.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 12:39:27 PM
Author: blueroses
FTLOD, I''m sorry you had to pare down so much (is the army at least paying the storage?) but sometimes it''s good to see how much of your stuff you actually DON''T need? But the dream home is in the future!!
2.gif

Girls, I posted this elsewhere, but this is the moving thread, so.....I AM THROUGH PACKING!!!! I''m waiting for fedex to come pick up boxes, and then it''s just suitcases on the plane, which are pretty much packed. Bittersweet, but at least it''s DONE.
Hi Blue,

Yup the Army pays for the storage of all the goods so really it aint that bad :)! The dream home is in the very distant future, but at least it will be one day!!!!!!!!!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
How''s the move doing? I hope you sorted everything out. Were you able to part from some things?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
EEKS.

Okay, Fedex just came and picked up my boxes. (Three guys, thank god, b/c I was feeling really guilty about my 16 monsters!)

Bad news #1: They were short two call tags, so I will schlep two boxes to the P.O. to do media mail rate, but it''s not THAT bad.

Bad news #2: They asked me, "is there anything fragile in here?" To which i stupidly replied "well, not really, well yeah, but all the breakable stuff is in bubble wrap and then in towels and cloth around that, so....unless you''re having fun dropping them or juggling them or something, it should be fine." DUH! Why didn''t I just say, "Yes, please be careful." Because I realized as they left with the last boxes that I think they were kind of "rolling" a box down the stairs...like, bump, bump, bump on the stairs, turning it over. Now, I didn''t really SEE this, I just kind of HEARD it--it''s a windy staircase, 5 flights--so I''m assuming a bit. I think I wrapped the breakable stuff really well, but I also wasn''t thinking about boxes being all over the place and not upright! Eek!!

Fingers crossed for minimal breakage!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
You are too funny... I''m laughing with you not at you! I hope your double bubble and towel wrap is enough. Crossing my toes and fingers for you too.
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks HOF....I guess I''ll know in about a week!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Well, this is the moving thread, so sorry for the bump.

I should be at the airport right now on my way back to CA and clearly Mother Nature has other ideas!! Instead, all flights were cancelled, and it will be Monday morning (I hope!) and some frolicking in a winter wonderland. Hope everyone in the deep freeze stays indoors and drives safely in all this snow!!!!

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses, sorry to hear about your flight delay -- I had hoped you would be able to escape this crazy snowstorm! I hope you make it out safely by Monday. Until then, stay warm!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh, we will miss you out here in the East (NYC needs nice people!)
8.gif
But I wish you only the very best in your new CA lifestyle!!!! And I know Mattie will make a quick adjustment in the sunny, "bone friendly" CA weather.
1.gif

Here's a horror story (alhtough I'm too late to help you): I really waited too long to pack when we moved form our condo to our house...so at the last minute, when the movers were arriving, I had to throw all my clothes into green hefty garbage bags--I had declined the wardrobesfrom the movers in a cheapo moment...So we had about 25 giant bags of clothes (no kidding) and a whole bag of my Jones New York $300-$400/a piece work suits got thrown out as garbage.
40.gif

Moral of the story: start packing EARLY or...spend the money for the freakin' wardrobes!
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
OOH, Jenn, that makes me SICK! You must have been just beside yourself. What an AWFUL sinking feeling that must have been!!

Yes, Mattie may be a NY poodle by birth, but he's a Cali boy by choice....he is always SO happy there and loves the sun on his back, so it's a good thing for him. Do Elmo and Freddy like the snow or do they pull the "fake limp" like Mattie?
2.gif

(p.s. thank you Cath!! It's actually almost a blessing in disguise....I had a deadline, and I met it--so now it's this sort of gift of time to decompress b/c I was SO stressed right up until when I would have left today. So I got to go have dinner and a movie with a girlfriend (Oceans 12, finally, hello eye candy!) and I get to see the city looking pristine and gorgeous and hopefully be gone before the snow starts to turn into slushy black stuff!
1.gif
Fingers crossed!)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
AARRRGGGGG
33.gif
33.gif
15.gif

My NEW flight has also been cancelled!! The flight tonight (which I couldn''t get on) DID leave JFK, albeit 3.5 hours late, but tomorrow morning''s has been cancelled. The equipment probably didn''t get here.

GGGRRRRR. I just talked to the airline. The earliest they can get me on is WEDNESDAY morning. Bleah. I''m going to see what I can do with another carrier--if anything--since at least Jetblue will give me a credit and I won''t eat the flight if I don''t use it.

AND--
29.gif
29.gif
I gave all my booze away to the party I went to the other night thinking I''d be long gone, so now I can''t even have a glass of wine!! AAAHHHHHH!!!

Will keep you gals posted.

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses, it''s not meant to be!!The powers that be want you to stay put!!(and without booze)
9.gif
Here, have a double martini,
emcocktl.gif
emcocktl.gif
, on me. Shaken, never stirred
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
BQ, thanks toots, you pour a lovely cocktail!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
BR, glad you got the packing done and boxes out the door (safely I hope
2.gif
).

Talk about feeling guilty about the weather
20.gif
, just wanted to send you warm hawaiian hugs. I heard about the nasty winter storms your way and can''t really imagine what it''s like.

Last thing regarding the boxes, I labeled everything on the side, one label, then made sure that they were turned in each room so that they were all facing the same way for the majority of the unpacking. That was helpful. The rest that''s still left to unpack, well I''m having to dig through those at this point since they''ve been touched many times over by now and are still not put away.
39.gif

BR, hope your flight finally gets out and you have a safe journey. Talk to you in CA!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
KMom, thank you for all the good wishes (or should I say Mahalo?) it is just FREEZING, 6 degrees, but windchill below zero
6.gif
6.gif

I wish I could say I took ALL of the labeling advice....I did label boxes, but probably not as thoroughly as I should have!

It will all work out--the weather is just one of those things that I can''t stress about--it''s even more beyond my control than when (WHEN??!!) my bf might propose!!
2.gif
2.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2005 2:11:41 AM
Author: blueroses
KMom, thank you for all the good wishes (or should I say Mahalo?) it is just FREEZING, 6 degrees, but windchill below zero
6.gif
6.gif

I wish I could say I took ALL of the labeling advice....I did label boxes, but probably not as thoroughly as I should have!

It will all work out--the weather is just one of those things that I can''t stress about--it''s even more beyond my control than when (WHEN??!!) my bf might propose!!
2.gif
2.gif
blueroses, don''t worry, I was not as thorough either, especially in the end since moving day crept up on me and I was not done packing!!!!
39.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
blueroses- sorry to hear that you are stranded in snow city sans cosmo!! lol. This weather is BRUTAL.

No, thankfully, I don''t work in midtown..I would spend too much money on jewelry and fabric. I make handbags and am always finding great finds in the nearby garment district. Actually my BF currently commute into the city from our beachy LI home. Our sublet in the W Village starts March 1 yay! It will cut down on our commuting..which can be tough esp after night classes.

My toes are still freezing from the cold! How many days until spring??????

Good luck with the airlines!!
5.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
BR - you must be going nuts trapped in the city - Logan is still closed too. You seem like a resourceful girl though, I''m sure you can hunt down a cosmo (I know I could build a still with duct tape and a straw if necessary). BTW - I missed the whole thing about you having a poodle. I''m so jealous, I''m dying for a mini black poodle. They''re so smart! My cats would hate me if I got one though I think. I''m sure you''ll be off of PS for a while getting settled in CA, so have a great move, get there safely, and enjoy the change of scenery. :)

Jenn - OMG, I would have died! Wardrobes it is for all future moves.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Blueroses, did you get a flight????
33.gif
32.gif
7.gif
How is Mattie travelling (or did I miss the details of his arrangements)?
1.gif

Elmo hates the snow and does the ballet dancer tip-toe thingy but Freddy loves it and won''t come in. So, we''re 50/50.
2.gif
1.gif

Chica: yes--please do get the wardrobes!
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
The ballet-dancer thing! LOL
1.gif

Jenn, Mattie managed to avoid all of this. Made the decision to move just after the new year when I was still out in CA....so I left Mr. Mattie there w/ my bf....so he''s enjoying unseasonably warm weather while I trudge! I can just picture Freddy though--so cute! I love seeing frolicking doggies in the snow!

(And I''m on a Weds. AM flight--the earliest I could get on!!--so hopefully that will all go as scheduled!)

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Blue.....safe travels! I imagine you are well in the air at the moment, if you haven''t landed already! Hope that the reunion with your BF & Mattie is a warm one (in more ways than one). Look forward to hearing about your adventure on the other side.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks NoonersMom!!

Well, I''m here. A little shell-shocked, really. I cried the whole way home in the car from the airport as the whole grieving-the-city-thing hit me. (It didn''t help that my bf has grown back the dreaded beard in the last 3 weeks. Oh well, I''m a big baby.) I have to admit, though, it is sure nice to be in short sleeves and to see my fuzzy puppy. And the fuzzy(faced) bf--who is fixing me lunch as we speak. I''m pretty freaked about this transition, but I hope it''s going to be good.

Thanks to all of you for being so very supportive. Now that I''m home, maybe I''ll at least get some fun hand shots of some of my mom''s stuff for kicks--and the SMTR forum too.

Anyway, greetings from the left coast, and I hope all of you guys aren''t buried--again--in the snowfall I just missed.

xoxo
BR

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
blueroses, glad you had a safe trip!! I''m so sorry that you had to move from a place that you loved... but maybe someday you and your HUSBAND will move back to the right coast.
2.gif
The NY weather is ok now but we are supposed to be "expecting frigid" temps tonight. yipee. I''d love to be in flip flops right about now!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear you made it to the other side safely
1.gif

Although the adjustment may take a little time, you''re lucky you already have your bf and puppy there so you''re not with out support. Plus, all us LIW are always listening
1.gif
I''m sure it''ll all work out!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Aw, Blue thanks for checking in. Its tough moving, I''m sure your BF will take great care of you and Mattie though. And just think, perfect place for an actress, no? Enjoy the weather, I''m jealous!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Aaww!

Sorry you are havign adjustment pangs- it is rough leaving someplace you love- even if you are going to another place you love. Just make sure you plan a couple trips a year backt o NYC to visit friends- flights have been ridiculously cheap the past year, I have flown non-stop SFO to NY for about $212 the last 2 times. And if Jet Blue is in your neck of the woods, I highly recommend them!

Welcome to the left coast, I am waving down to you fromt eh SF bay area!
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thank you girls, SO VERY much for the sweet words of support. It is so strange to be back, but this is also a place that I love and I have to make myself readjust. But I will definitely be visiting NY at least 3 times a year--bf''s family, my friends--so I am trying to not feel completely removed from it all. It is a relatively quick plane ride away! (And yes, it is ALL about jetblue! I''m working towards my 2nd free trip with them....SD to JFK has been like $95 each way lately!!)

Anyway, I just appreciate the support--Blue Chica, Blue824, Lovey, JenWill, Nooners, EVERYONE--thanks so much for being a serious help to my sanity...you''re all so generous
1.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you made it safely! Hopefully your BF will make things happen "girl" soon.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Apple
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
From your mouth to bf''s ears, huh?
2.gif
(We actually were looking at the calendar talking dates yesterday....but it''s all just lip service until it''s official!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results