carat
color
clarity

Mother's Day Sale 2015

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
mapo|1430856142|3872555 said:
blingbunny10|1430855765|3872552 said:
Nice mapo! Are these the "Pink to Peach" ripples PP had listed in the Mother's Day sale?
no, these aren't the pink to peach ripples. they are the multicolor ones.

Oops I read "peachy pink" and assumed they were. :) They are beautiful, though, and agreed they look like a good summery strand!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous Mapo!!!!

I love how a lot of us picked these up!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ripples! Love the peachy color

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1430845940|3872482 said:
icy_jade|1430746128|3871868 said:
Anyone got stuff from Kojima or SoC pearls? Pls share if you did. :wavey:[/quote
Not from the sale but Kojoma and S of C
NacreLover, I adore that pendant. I also love the sweater!! Where did you get it, because I have been searching for a long time for something just like it!!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
They came!

2015-05-06_15.jpg

I absolutely love the colour, and this is my first tin cup, and I think I may be a tin cup gal! I love how light and airy and casual it is. I am glad I read some of the other posts about the surface flaws, because I would have been surprised/disappointed to see the amount of flaws on AAA graded pearls. I need to take a closer look in the sunlight tomorrow and take another read through of the articles in the Pearl Grading Resource thread to decide how I feel about it. I don't think it will be a deal breaker, given how lovely the colour is and how much I like the necklace as a whole, but it definitely would not have been what I expected to see, given the grade on the website, without the forewarning.

And earrings for Mom...

2015-05-06_16.jpg

Fantastic lustre, and I think she will be pleased.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
The color on the blues are fantastic. The trade off between color vs. minor blemishes is one only you can decide...if it bothers you or not. Personally, I would take them in a heartbeat, since the color is very deep!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
The tin cup looks beautiful on you! And I love your mum's earrings! Which ones are they? I love that colour!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Pirard, and you are right- the colour is wonderful and really pops against the RG.

I don't mind the wrinkles, pin pricks or light dimpling at all, I expected them to have some baroque character, but I am not a big fan of the "pits". Not sure if that is the correct terminology? What amounts to a little round hole in the nacre. There is one or more of these on about 2/3 of the pearls on the necklace. Will these present a durability issue over time? I am hoping not, because I am quickly falling in deep love with this necklace, and I hope it can stand up to lots of wear this summer!

Thanks Ricezo! The earrings are the Gold/copper metallic 7.5-8mm drops at POJ. They are small, but lovely lustre and colour.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely tin cup and earrings Evangeline!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evangeline, that is a beautiful tin cup necklace. The blue is gorgeous. :love:
And what a great gift for your mom. She is going to love those earrings!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I can't see any blemishing, to me, the strand just looks delicious!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
New kasumi earrings from Kojima Pearls

_30028.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Those are beautiful, lovinggems!! Please post ear shots.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I especially love the earrings with the little shells...so summery and gorgeous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous earrings--please show ear shots, please!

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh those teeny little pearl and shell earrings are so sweet and whimsical! Please post ear shots!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Tucs, Pirard, Canuk-gal and ckrickett, glad you liked these. I love the tiny shells too, Sarah had these amazing long dangles on her website featuring these tiny shells, I am hoping someone will buy that pair and post photos! Also I will definitely post more photos of the earrings once I have them.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful earrings lovinggems! I especially love the lavender studs. Ear shots please!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Any bets on whether the sale will be extended? I'm still on the fence about something.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful buys everyone! :appl:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
NacreLover, you look beautiful in your new Sea Of Cortez/Kojima pearls :)

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Evangeline those are just gorgeous, I love tin cups and this is stunning :love:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1431132694|3874311 said:
Any bets on whether the sale will be extended? I'm still on the fence about something.

Ennui, I think PP's sale runs all month. I purchased earring findings for my silver-blue baroque akoyas yesterday.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
artdecogirl|1431672810|3876978 said:
Evangeline those are just gorgeous, I love tin cups and this is stunning :love:

Thanks Artdecogirl!

Lovinggems, I am drooling over those lavender studs this morning!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I received my gorgeous akoya and souffle tin cup necklace from PP weeks ago, and then have been out of town so I haven't had a chance to post pics. It is gorgeous though and I LOVE it. Pictures soon, I promise!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a pearl trunk show at a local jewelry store this evening. They had some beautiful things, but honestly, we get much better deals from our online vendors. All of the Akoyas were in the 6.5-7mm range, and the prices were very good, I will admit, but then they add on stringing and clasps, and the bargain factor goes away.

I asked the vendor how they graded their pearls (because I was feeling cocky, I guess). She knew once I asked that I must be fishing, because she looked at me funny. She said they don't grade on the AA - AAA - AAAA scale, they grade by fine, very fine, and gem grade. So, for fun, I asked to see the gem grade. OMG, they were beautiful, but 9-9.5 mm strand was $48,000. :shock:

They had three lonely strands of the blue Akoyas. Given the possibly 100+ strands of round whites, that seemed odd.

Anyway, just wanted to report back.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So some of you may remember a few weeks I received my May sale Kamoka cherry Tahitian pearl ring and completely fell in love, to the point where I was compelled to also buy a pair of Kamoka cherry Tahitian earrings (also on sale, yay!).

Due to a shipping mix-up I just picked up the earrings yesterday... and gosh, they are lovely! The earring pearls are larger (9.8mm versus the 9mm ring), and they definitely have more green than the ring - and perhaps because they are baroque (?), the colors are that bit more vibrant and the finish seems to have a mirror sharpness - and I love the earring findings too!

Here's some pics, first a vendor pic and then a few candids:

il_fullxfull_676647883_cjhb_-_ps.jpg

dsc03097_-_ps.jpg

dsc03112_ps.jpg

dsc03114_-_ps.jpg

Really couldn't be more pleased with the ring and the earrings!

And, just so I make full disclosure of my May 2015 sale Kamoka purchases, I also picked up this Morning Sky Tahitian sterling pendant which is just delightful - really is reminiscent of the morning sky - love the soft bands of color:

il_fullxfull_719780137_di68_-_ps.jpg

dsc03104_-_ps.jpg

dsc03105_-_ps.jpg

Yay, Kamoka!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Kamoka pearls are the best! I love those earrings.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
love that morning sky pendant, what beautiful colors :love:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Pirard and artdecogirl !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results