Mother's Day Sale 2015

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014|1429982377|3867697 said:
icy_jade|1429963897|3867577 said:
icy_jade|1429800323|3866451 said:
And a strand of 6.5-10.5mm multicolor

image_3411.jpg

Sadly I've decided not to get the strand as pastels don't look great on me... But am quite excited about the earrings. Heh.

I made the same call...in the glam shots I was drooling, but the natural light shots made me realize that they were quite pastel toned. Since I am too, these colours get lost on me. The luster/shape were amazing though! I wish I did look nice in these colours!

I've been coveting these too as well as the peachy ripples that POJ and PP put on sale lately. Unfortunately,they are too peachy and "pastely" for my skin tone. My aesthetician describes my skintone as golden honey so think if your skin has yellow undertones or you have a bit of a tan, pastels or peaches wo't look good.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
seaurchin|1430060558|3868041 said:
@Lovinggems- I'm not sure if I'm more yellow or pink so I just looked in the mirror. I'd say yellow. Strange that I don't know... Maybe it just means not strongly either way. ?

I don't know as well, it's too complex for me. I read blue vein = cool, green vein = warm, if you can't tell then you're probably neutral.

Btw Kamoka is having a discount 12% off everything. Now where is Icy_Jade...

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm fair with pink undertones. The peach fwp's are too orange on me, and I'm too close in colour to the pinks so you can't see them on me. The lavenders are a bit hit or miss - if they are dark enough, ok, but the pastel ones blend in too. So I'm best in whites or darks.

Same with clothes. I'm fair with dark hair so do best with things that offer some contrast.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought this Cherry Tahitian ring I've had my eye on for eons, from Kamoka Pearl (site-wide 12% sale, starting today for email newsletter subscribers, starting tomorrow for everyone) - love the coloring!

kamoka_-_cherry_tahitian_ring_-_il_fullxfull_754508693_ehpa.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1429802807|3866483 said:
blingbunny10|1429802000|3866478 said:
Edit: ooh, I just saw above that you got the drops (#2) I am lusting after! Please post lots of pics when you get them!

Definitely. Thinking of adding them to my pearl Huggies collection. But no diamond accent. So a little more casual?
Am actually tempted by drop 3 as well.

image_3412.jpg

Icy, these pearls get me each and every time...they are absolutely stunning.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems|1430062141|3868048 said:
@Lovinggems- I'm not sure if I'm more yellow or pink so I just looked in the mirror. I'd say yellow. Strange that I don't know... Maybe it just means not strongly either way. ?

I don't know as well, it's too complex for me. I read blue vein = cool, green vein = warm, if you can't tell then you're probably neutral.

I've also had major issues with the pink vs yellow coloring tests. I asked my husband today, and he said my face looks more pink and the rest of me looks more yellow. :confused: So I told him about the blue vs green vein thing and showed him my arm, and he said I DEFINITELY have green veins.... But when I showed him my other arm, he said that one had blue veins! :cheeky:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Okay, my husband just confirmed that I am yellow, but he said not nearly as yellow as I was before I quit smoking. Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm mad or not!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin|1430085070|3868165 said:
Okay, my husband just confirmed that I am yellow, but he said not nearly as yellow as I was before I quit smoking. Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm mad or not!

Funny Seaurchin, men :eh:! I have some Helzberg free gift peach/pink freshwater button studs that just don't show up on me at all, it appears that I have nothing on. So I must have those tones in my skin. I stay away from the pastels in pearls, white and dark pearls for me. :cheeky:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Kojima sale is about to start too..... The Kasumi pearls are stunning!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure he meant to say that your coloring improved after you quit smoking. ;-)

Which I'm sure it did. Good for you!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1430088765|3868186 said:
The Kojima sale is about to start too..... The Kasumi pearls are stunning!!!

I agree, the necklace is gorgeous but I'm afraid the colours are too light for my skin, it'll just blend right in.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
blingbunny10|1430080782|3868146 said:

I've also had major issues with the pink vs yellow coloring tests. I asked my husband today, and he said my face looks more pink and the rest of me looks more yellow. :confused: So I told him about the blue vs green vein thing and showed him my arm, and he said I DEFINITELY have green veins.... But when I showed him my other arm, he said that one had blue veins! :cheeky:

Perhaps it was the light source, or blue + green = neutral? :wacko:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Pearls of Joy now have 20% off site wide!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Btw Kamoka is having a discount 12% off everything. Now where is Icy_Jade...

Here here! Hubby just offered to sponsor jewellery for my birthday so I'll have at look at my usual local vendors first. :)

Marymm: pls post lots of pics when you get the ring!

Pirard: thanks!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1430087276|3868178 said:

Funny Seaurchin, men :eh:! I have some Helzberg free gift peach/pink freshwater button studs that just don't show up on me at all, it appears that I have nothing on. So I must have those tones in my skin. I stay away from the pastels in pearls, white and dark pearls for me. :cheeky:
I am pastel colored too, yellow or red depending on the location. Pastel clothes look bad on me, as do the light pastel metallics and ripples.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
marymm|1430066065|3868080 said:
I just bought this Cherry Tahitian ring I've had my eye on for eons, from Kamoka Pearl (site-wide 12% sale, starting today for email newsletter subscribers, starting tomorrow for everyone) - love the coloring!

marymm, Very pretty, we don't see many cherry pictures please posted soon!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
ricezo|1430132611|3868334 said:
Pearls of Joy now have 20% off site wide!

I noticed that last night -- !

As for the cool/fair vein test, I also have arms that don't match. I must be 'neutral.' I don't imagine that a peach/pink pearl really "pops" on any skin tone, they probably blend on everyone for a soft glow. I think hair color has more to do with tones than anything else; if your hair goes silver, or if you dye it red, you'll need different makeup.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
For people who are pastel colored, do you find that blue Akoyas look good on your skin? I have a fair skinned Asian, but my face is darker than the rest of me (weird, I know). Light blue usually looks horrible on me, but I'm wondering if the blue Akoyas would be okay?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1430148021|3868422 said:
here's the link for "winters", and the other seasons can be found at the bottom of the page. I find it hard to define my skin color so I just check which colours look ok on me to guess my seasonal color.

http://cardiganempire.com/2012/08/color-analysis-3-degrees-of-cool.html

Seeing the example celebs is really helpful! I think I'm a Deep Winter, which sounds kinda cool. 8) I wonder if most Asians are Deep Winters based on this chart.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1430149933|3868432 said:
I have a fair skinned Asian, but my face is darker than the rest of me (weird, I know).

Lol, this also describes my coloring exactly. I wonder if the strong silver element in the blue akoyas would make them work?. Mapo posted some blue akoyas and I think they look great on her:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-baroque-akoya-pearls-from-poj.201146/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-baroque-akoya-pearls-from-poj.201146/[/URL]

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I can never decide whether I am a cool winter or a cool summer. I've been told both (colouring similar to Kate Middleton and I've seen her classified as both depending on the site). Either way nothing looks worse on me than pastels, particularly pale peaches, so I have avoided the pastel freshwaters too. It seems like they don't work for a lot of us. Sad, because those graduated ones in the sale looked gorgeous!

Blingbunny, I'm betting that the blue akoyas would look great on anyone who does grey and/or pale blues well? Because of the strong silver element. At least I am hoping since I ordered one of the tin cups from the POJ sale, and I do well with cool greys (RG too).

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Pregcurious, I had a blue akoya bracelet and ended up letting it go because it looked too silver on me and silver doesn't look good against my skin.

Here are my POJ earrings. I got #4 from the 11-12mm batch, and #5 from the 12-13mm batch.

When I first opened the boxes, against the black box interiors and in indoor lighting, they looked a little muddy and dull. But when I put them on my off-white bedspread and opened the curtains, they came alive.

They are such little chameleons. I took too many pictures, trying and failing to capture the colors and shine.

I wore #4 out to dinner and looked at them in the car mirror twice. (It was an overcast day). Once they were bright, vivid purple! I looked again a few minutes later and they were even more astonishing, bright, vivid red violet!

poj_smaller_choices.jpg I got #4 from this batch (11-12mm)

poj_metallic_earrings3.jpg #4 is on the left. Kevin included two sets of backs for each pair, small and large.

poj_metallic_earrings2.jpg

poj_metallic_earrings1.jpg

poj_metallic_earrings5.jpg This is pair #4

poj_metallic_earrings4.jpg #4 again

poj_metallic_earrings6.jpg Pair #5. And now in indoor lighting, this pair looks rosy bronze. I don't think it's really possible to say what color any of these metallic ripples are! I love them lots, though. :)

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
WOW :love: :love: they look great on you, lucky…you have the skin for these!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous seaurchin!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Seaurchin, those look gorgeous on you.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Love the studs...you will get so much wear out of them!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Seaurchin: they look great and you are giving me hope after looking at the pics thread. Thanks!

Btw did anyone get the ripples from poj? Think it's a new item?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
beautiful seaurchin!!!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1430146856|3868411 said:
marymm|1430066065|3868080 said:

marymm, Very pretty, we don't see many cherry pictures please posted soon!

I received the cherry peacock Tahitian ring this week and it is so beautiful- gorgeous rolling rosy/cherry sheen that mesmerizes me - somehow it reminds me of the Aurora Borealis and some of the Hubble space photos. Here's a quick IRL pic of the ring ...

dsc03036_-_ps.jpg

I love the ring so much I just picked up the cherry peacock French-hook earrings!

And, a big, heartfelt thank-you to NacreLover, 4RanchGirl, and FlyGirl (among others) for their posts and threads and gorgeous photos of cherry peacock Tahitians - so helpful and informative - and much appreciated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results