shape
carat
color
clarity

Most Durable for E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrsparkles

Rough_Rock
My soon-to-be fiancee is a nurse and I''m wondering what the best metal to get would be. James Allen seems to have a good rep here and their prices are quite low, but I like to support local business (especially since I already bought an ASHA) and am looking at Ritani and Hearts on Fire, because that is what the jeweler I am leaning towards has mostly. There are other jewelers in town but they are quite rude or not at all knowledgeable.

In the end, she might not even wear the ring to work, which might be for the best. However, she doesn''t work in a fast-paced environment or anything like that.

In person, I rather liked this ring in white gold, which I was told is not rhodium plated: http://heartsonfire.com/#/us/en-us/diamond-collection/view-details.php?item_id=3515&item_name=Enrichment%20Dream%20Solitaire&style_name=EnrichDS&type_id=1&type_name=Rings&subtype_id=1&subtype_name=Engagement%20Rings&type=1

But the $3K pricetag is a bit steep.

What are your thoughts on a durable e-ring, will the HOF brand be sufficient if it isn''t abused too badly?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/The--Legato--Diamond-Engagement-Ring-with-Micro-Pave_1071.htm#

much more reasonable price.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pave isn''t exactly what I would call durable. It really needs to be babied a bit, regardless of where it comes from. But Julie is right, Whiteflash does great pave at a much cheaper price than HOF.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Pave is a beautiful look but isn''t practical if she''s as hard on her hands like you say.

Have you considered a bezel? I also abuse my rings (not on purpose) and I went the semi-bezel route.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
some of the nurses here just get the e-rings that they like and then don''t wear them when they are working. If she love''s pave go for it, but do realize they do need to be babied more than just a plain solitaire setting would. If she wants a ring she can wear 24/7 and while working etc. I wouldn''t do a pave e-ring if it were me.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Are you looking at the H on F pave setting for the ASHA simulant?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Definitely don''t go for pave if you are worried about banging it up. Perhaps channel set, or shared prong would be better? You could just go with the plain solitaire and not worry about it.

mrsparkles

Rough_Rock
Yes, I am looking to put an ASHA into a HOF setting. I will upgrade the ASHA eventually. I think it would just be easier for her not to wear her ring at work. She does mostly paperwork anyways.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 1:34:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo
some of the nurses here just get the e-rings that they like and then don''t wear them when they are working. If she love''s pave go for it, but do realize they do need to be babied more than just a plain solitaire setting would. If she wants a ring she can wear 24/7 and while working etc. I wouldn''t do a pave e-ring if it were me.
Ditto. Pave has to be babied, not sure if she knows that. Just a heads up for her and for you.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
i knew a doctor that wore a low set 5 stone ring, that looked like a wedding band as engagement ring because it wouldn''t get caught on her gloves. But if you don''t want to do that is it a possibility for your fiance to wear her ring on a chain around her neck during work?

BTW congrats Neatfreak.

mrsparkles

Rough_Rock
I''m not only worried about the pave, but what about the metal itself. Will white gold (looking at non rhodium plated) take a beating with excessive handwashings?

puravida

Shiny_Rock
In terms of durability, what about "fishtail pave", like on Lynn B''s e-ring and w-band (love, love, love those rings!)? Its called pave but from the photos I''ve seen
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-gorgeous-new-fishtail-pave-set-from-wf.46129/ it doesn''t look like other types of pave (i.e. the Michael B princess bands).

How durable is the fishtail pave type band? I really did fall in love with that style but must admit I"m rough on my hands and use my hands a lot for work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results