shape
carat
color
clarity

More ring problems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2005 11:44:32 AM
Author: allycat0303
Ok, so Leon looked at the ring and he said ''I can''t believe this passed at quality control'' At least I know I wan''t being ridiculous.

So he said he was going to do the miligrain personally,Umm, who was doing it before? When you pay for a Leon Mege ring isnt the assumption that it will be his work? and that the dents and metal would be evened out. He also said he will send pics before the ring gets to the mail again. So we are only out the shipping cost. I''m cautiously optimistic, because my boyfriend empahsized several times that he wanted it to look like the first time''. But I''m not totally comforted yet because I haven''t seen the finished product.

He said the miligrain would only take a few minutes, but the rest of the problems a few days (My boyfriend told him to take a month if he needed to!) I''m kind of afraid he sends the ring to whoever did it the first time. Why are other people working on your rings? I REALLY hope not
32.gif
. I''ll post the new pics when they arrive. I wish I could drive to New York personally and get a peek at it to make sure everything is ok.

So I can do my exam in semi-peace.

Thanks everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree re: why are other people working on your rings if it''s a Leon Mege. I think that if he is farming out work he needs to be specific about that because I bet some people would not be as pleased if it was some random bench jeweler and not LM. A downside of growing the business I guess. But QC is VERY important. Good luck with the ring!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... I don''t think Art of Platinum is such a small shop. Perhaps not everything gets touched by Leon Meje, but then, quality standards must be his job
32.gif
Hope this one turns out well in the end.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2005 4:17:06 PM
Author: Mara
I agree re: why are other people working on your rings if it''s a Leon Mege. I think that if he is farming out work he needs to be specific about that because I bet some people would not be as pleased if it was some random bench jeweler and not LM. A downside of growing the business I guess. But QC is VERY important. Good luck with the ring!

this is true. It used to on Leon''s site is says part of what takes so long is that he does everything himself and doesn''t use other bench jewelers. he''s changed the wording a bit which now states:

"Leon is personally working on every piece of jewelry made in the shop assisted by a team of highly skilled artisans. Our personnel comprise several diamond setters specializing in micro-pave setting with an aid of the microscopes. Leon spends a lot of time training beginning platinumsmiths himself. They apprentice with us for five or six years."

so he leaves the door open for others to work on a ring. I know this is true of michael b too. i think there are 3 platinumsmiths who make his rings. I agree QC is very important. I''m sure Leon will make it right but it''s sure is a big headache to get it there
40.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/30/2005 4:30:00 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 9/30/2005 4:17:06 PM
Author: Mara

this is true. It used to on Leon''s site is says part of what takes so long is that he does everything himself and doesn''t use other bench jewelers. he''s changed the wording a bit which now states:

''Leon is personally working on every piece of jewelry made in the shop assisted by a team of highly skilled artisans. Our personnel comprise several diamond setters specializing in micro-pave setting with an aid of the microscopes. Leon spends a lot of time training beginning platinumsmiths himself. They apprentice with us for five or six years.''

so he leaves the door open for others to work on a ring. I know this is true of michael b too. i think there are 3 platinumsmiths who make his rings. I agree QC is very important. I''m sure Leon will make it right but it''s sure is a big headache to get it there
40.gif
Yea really! This is so sad to hear!!! How AWFUL!
14.gif

I''m sure he''ll re-inspect it now cos hes gotta be embarrassed but golly what a pain. I think I''ve seen about 3 platinumsmiths myself. And I always thought they worked on them, while LM(w/ occassional benching) mostly designed and "QC''d" the jobs. Quality control is so important. Gosh I hope this is the last time and it''s perfect.
38.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I don;t think you should be responsible for the shipping costs. You paid a lot of cash for this "leon" creation.

I pray it turns out fine for you.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the encouragement, you got me through a rather stressed morning. It didn't help that it was my first exam (IN FRENCH to boot!)

The impression I got was that he did make my setting himself, but I never asked. When he talked to me about my ring he says "I did this...", "I made it like this because..."

As for the shipping costs, we actually paid when the diamond was replaced too. He said he would reimburse, but I asked him to size my ring instead. I don't mind the costs, I just want the ring to look like it did (or close) to what it was before.

I think that when the ring came back, he thought replacing a diamond and sizing the ring is a reletively easy job, so he gave it to an apprentice or something. Who then did a bad job. In any case, he said he would send me pics before he shipped the ring, so I'll post the original next to the new, and let you ladies be my eagle eyes.

You ladies were wonderful. Thanks so much. Now it's just a matter of waiting.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hang in there Alley!

love your avatar.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Allycat,

It''s good to know that Leon is going to fix it. I am disappointed to hear that the ring as you described even left the workshop - that''s appalling quality control.

Something like that should be ''caught'' and fixed before the ring was sent out - the customer shouldn''t even have to notice that the ring was less than ''perfect'' (ie, like the original one!).

You are the customer, and customer service should be first and foremost in the vendor''s mind - you paid good money for this ring, and darn it, you shouldn''t have to put up with anything less than perfect
2.gif
. At least LM is going to fix it, instead of denying that anything was wrong and claiming that the customer was ''imagining things'' and refuse to fix the flaws [FULLSTOP], or insist that you fork out $$ all over again to remake the ring.

I also agree that if you are paying for a LM ring, I won''t be impressed to find out that someone else was doing the work, especially if it was sent out clearly lacking in the type of finish and workmanship we have come to expect from LM. I understand that it might be impossible to do ALL the work himself as the business expands, but there needs to be some sort of disclosure as to the extent to which he will work on the ring.

I hope your ring gets restored to perfection
21.gif
, don''t stress, it sounds like he''s going to make it right for you!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness it''s all being taken care of! I''m sure it will be better than ever when it comes back. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you Ally!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Ally!!

was so sad to hear of your problems. What was the final outcome???

As I''ve always stated, my Leon experience was wonderful...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 9:13:35 PM
Author: lovey
Ally!!

was so sad to hear of your problems. What was the final outcome???

As I''ve always stated, my Leon experience was wonderful...

He Lovey. ally updated this thread
here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results