shape
carat
color
clarity

More ring problems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

As many of you know, I had to send my ring back to Leon to have a stone replaced because it fell out. When I sent it back, I also asked Leon to size it down 1/8 of a size (which he said wouldn''t be a problem) So this afternoon we went to pick it up and Ï DON''T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MY RING! My boyfriend took one look at it, and said "we''re sending it back right away" Basically there was miligrain on the edges of the band, and now on 2/3 of the ring, it''s POLISHED. No miligrain (scrollwork) and the metal is thick and completely uneven. There''s some of the original scrollwork right up near the halo and some places around the band. Even worst, at one edge of the band, the edge of the band has been nicked inward, enough that you can easily see it in dim lighting. I''m talking BIG NICK. I don''t know if more metal was added to prevent stones from being lost from the band??

So we made the decision to send it right back to Leon. But the worst part is that we didn''t get to talk to him, so he has no idea we sent it back. We didn''t want to go over the border again. The address on the package is addressed to Leon (from Leon) because we don''t have a US shipping address. My boyfriend is going to call him first thing in the morning. I''m really worried, I don''t know if sizing the ring damaged it, or what happened.

At this point I''m almost 100% sure that Leon didn''t see it before it was sent to us (I know he has a setter, so maybe the setter did the work) because this is not Leon Mege work. I know what Leon''s work looks like, I know what my ring looked like. It was perfect. I don''t know if sizing it did this to it? I don''t know if that''s possible because we asked Leon if anything would happen and he said no.

And I don''t know if he''s going to charge us, if the setting is a goner, to say that I''m really worried is a total inderstatement. ARGHH. I wish it wasn''t 8 o''clock so I could talk to him. Sorry everyone, I told my boyfriend I needed to let out my anxiety and then I could get to studying.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry!
7.gif
That is totally awful and such a disappointment. I don''t know what to say- it doesn''t sound like Leon''s work. I really hope it gets sorted out soon.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Alley! I am sorry you are having such trouble with your ring. It will be worth it when it is back to you lovely and perfect. I would e-mail him tonight, and then call him first thing in the morning. If he has voicemail I would call him now. Leon''s reputation seems solid and I think he will make this right for you without charging you since it was not your doing. *hugs* I hope you get your ring back in perfect condition soon.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry for you too - that must be so disappointing. However, I am sure that Leon will make it all right for you. Once he sees what happened (cause I''m sure he didn''t see it either) he will set about making it right. You will feel better tomorrow after you can talk to him and tell him the ring is on its way back. I truly am sorry for you that this happened!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m sooooo sorry Ally!!! But I''m sure Leon will make this more than right! Please keep us updated.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Matatora, Logan Sapphire, Missgotrocks, Stretch,

I am literally pacing back and forth. My boyfriend and I discussed it all the way home, and we are POSITIVE this is not Leon's work. He had left us a message that it was done, and my boyfriend said he sounded sick or something, even the email he sent me was titled "A message from Leon" Which is strange, honestly, I'm in shock.

But what I'm worried about is that maybe this is some consequence of sizing? I remember Puchpie and her Tacori rings, when they made the wrong size for her and then sized it, the scroll work was destroyed. I have to breath. Well I'm not the only crazed one, my boyfriend is worried too. It's going to be ok. I keep repeating that to myself. Thanks ladies, you always make me feel better.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hang in there Ally. Let us know what leon says tomorrow!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
emcry.gif
How FRUSTRATING!!!!! I know what it's like to FINALLY think you ring problems are over only to be sorely disappointed...on top of having the inconvenience of having to drive so far to get the ring. I can't believe Leon didn't check the work or have SOMEONE decent check it, especially considering how far you have to drive to get the ring. I definitely think this should be brought up to him. I mean, he did volunteer to fix the ring and felt bad in the first place about the stone popping out, but this is not acceptable...particularly since it's a hassle to send it to him and go over the border and all this crap to have him fix it. The quality assurance should have been there, ESPECIALLY considering what you have gone through already. This is very disappointing to hear.

I hope things can be fixed (A) in a timely manner (B) with sincerest apologies (C) with a lesson learned by the vendor and (D) without much more hassle for you.
face5.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this and was like OMG already?! I can''t believe what I wrote! It just seems so atypical from everything else I''ve heard about Leon''s work. Good decision to send it back immediately, and I hope everything gets resolved ASAP. Keep us updated, Ally.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Boy can I sympathize! I am so sorry, I totally understand the anxiety and frustration! Keep us updated! ((hugs))

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry! You are having such bad luck. One of my melees fell out of my setting today when I was cleaning it in the ultrasonic cleaner
39.gif
I thought of you. It sucks! I am not sure if they can re-set it at the jeweler or if they have to send it back to Tacori. I am sure you will get it back shortly and better than ever. Keep us updated.

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock
Oh no!
39.gif
I was just reading that it was ready to be collected and hoped to see "new and improved" pics! My heart is breaking for you...

I will certainly be keeping my (currently ringless) fingers crossed for you over here!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, what a nightmare!

Let us know what happens. I''m sure that Leon will make it right for you but still it''s a pain to have to go through this.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Oh Ally! Poor you and your FI!
39.gif
(HUGS) I''m sure Leon will fix it for you.

Good luck!

radiantlover

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH NO! You''re right that''s not right. HOneslty I think the sizing is a bad idea-put beads on the inside, no sizing. That will be just enough to bring it down that 1/8 size.

I am so sorry! I ahve had lots of ring problems and I can TOTALLY relate!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your trouble and despite all the protestations from all the Leon fans on pricescope I had an equally bad experience with him.................he farms out alot of his work now and does not take responsibility for the final product. He will fix it but only if you push and push............in my case he refused to assume the dollar cost of his mistake---he is not the great guy everyone says..............an artist yes but also arrogant and difficult!

molly3795

Rough_Rock
awwl honey, please don''t stress, it will all work out...he will not want the bad press and will go out of his way to make it right for you....have faith...it would be a bad business decision on his part not to make you happy....there''s always the BBB to complain to....they hate that...good luck, I know it will be resolved....try to enjoy your weekend!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
This is horrible and totally unacceptable! He does make a beautiful product, but no one should have to go through this frustration. Ally, I''m so sorry you have to endure this pain! There will be a light at the end of the tunnel!

Until then, Leon needs to fix this mistake and double check before he sends something out with his name on it.
29.gif

anika

Shiny_Rock
What a pain! Hang in there. Just my 2c but a vendor is a vendor and service is part of the job. You shouldn''t have to pay another cent and it should be fixed with urgency by Leon.
Good luck!
Anika

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Oh ally!!! So sorry to hear that this is becoming a nightmare for you!! Hopefully he''ll stand by his product and make things right for you...don''t back down!!

Keep us posted.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Thanks for all of your support! I can''t tell you how comforting it is to be able to talk it out.Actually it''s 6:26 am, and I''ve been up early thinking about it.

My boyfriend is going to call Leon at 8:00 this morning, he says he is sure Leon will fix it, because he wouldn''t want his name on something that looks like that. I hope he''s right.

WindowShopper: When I read your post, I started to worry all over again. My boyfriend is going to flip out if Leon charges us for it.

Please pricescope fairy, make this ring situation work!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I hope he makes it right for you, Ally! Unfortunately, I know what you''re going through and it totally sucks..
7.gif

Good luck with your exam today!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well brief update. My boyfriend just spoke to Leon 2 minutes ago. (Leon doesn''t have the ring yet) but we were right, HE DID NOT SEE IT BEFORE IT LEFT. It wasn''t his work. But he did say that sometimes the miligrain is taken off when the ring is sized. Which I really wouldn''t have had it sized if I had KNOWN. Cause 1/8 of a size is NOT WORTH THIS!!! Ok so my boyfriend is going to call him at 11:30 when he has the ring in his hand. But this is beyond miligrain at this point cause there''s a lot more problems on that ring.

I have a final exam at 1:00 today. I don''t want to be thinking about this then.

I really hope the Pricescope Fairy is going to have it fixed for me. At no extra charge would be nice too. Thanks everyone.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Yep, anytime you size a ring, you are going to loose the detail in the area that was sized. Most skilled & detailed goldsmiths, etc. will add it back.

Sorry, I hope they will be able to do that. They should have told you this may happen.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Fire&Ice,

Thanks for the reply. Actually that''s the part I don''t understand. The ring was cut at the botton, where there was a gap left for sizing. However, the loss of miligrain is on both sides of the band on either side of the halo. Miliragin lost anywhere else, or uneven metal wouldn''t bother me at all, but it''s right on top when you look at the ring. You see halo, then band with uneven metal and no miligrain. Trust me when I say 11:30 can''t come fast enough......

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
When you do work on a ring, most of the time it involves heat. Heat can take the detail off. Also, heat can discolor a ring - so it has to be polished - anytime you polish you take off the detail. So, it can be a slippery slope in the hands of a non-detailed person.

I hope they can restore the ring to the orginal detail. They should. Good luck.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Fire&Ice,

You''ve just cleared up the mystery for me. So basically the miligrain got polished off, and I suppose the person also tried to rework the metal (causing some of the nicks and uneveness) sounds like it''s fixable. You''re a jewel (or maybe I should say a diamond
35.gif
)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with getting everything fixed. I hope that any artisan would want to know when the people who work for him botch up a job. Sending out sloppy work with no quality control is a sure way to put yourself out of business.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
I do wish you good luck---my case was a bit different b/c basically the ring was designed differently than agreed on..................substantially more expensively as well. (and in addition to being different and more expensive it was done POORLY: lopsided with dents and nicks just like yours.

I find his "quality control" to be abysmal.....................

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so Leon looked at the ring and he said "I can''t believe this passed at quality control" At least I know I wan''t being ridiculous.

So he said he was going to do the miligrain personally, and that the dents and metal would be evened out. He also said he will send pics before the ring gets to the mail again. So we are only out the shipping cost. I''m cautiously optimistic, because my boyfriend empahsized several times that he wanted it to look like the first time". But I''m not totally comforted yet because I haven''t seen the finished product.

He said the miligrain would only take a few minutes, but the rest of the problems a few days (My boyfriend told him to take a month if he needed to!) I''m kind of afraid he sends the ring to whoever did it the first time. I REALLY hope not
32.gif
. I''ll post the new pics when they arrive. I wish I could drive to New York personally and get a peek at it to make sure everything is ok.

So I can do my exam in semi-peace.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results