shape
carat
color
clarity

More Pictures of My Ring--Eye Candy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lugus asking me what my ring looked like in low light inspired me to go out and snap 80 pictures of my ring tonite in different lighting conditions (it was a slow night!)...and here are some of the winners. I took some pix in the streetlamp outside (yeah that was funny), bathroom, office low lighting etc. Finally figured out how to take closeups with the 10x loupe (stone looks a little dirty, oops), oh and I experimented with my camera's 'negative art' function, very interesting. Wonder what all those black spots are. Kind of scary looking.

Enjoy!
1.gif

Edit: Darn..I forgot to remove the extra white space and now Pscope won't let me load a new image instead of this one. Sorry about the screen enlargement!

Figured I should also say what/where the pix were taken. The first one on the left is in flash in the bathroom--very blurry but sooo sparkly I had to include it, one to the right is low lighting in our office, third one on left is office as well (this is my FAV), and 4th is in bathroom with the 10x loupe jammed up against the camera's viewfinder. Stone is a little dirty!

Next post is the negative art one.

Ring Layer Image.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Notice the little thread hanging off the prong...oops!

Oh and my little dark table is very visible in this shot!! Normally not visible 90% of the time in regular and other lighting.

Negative Art closeup 10x ring.jpg

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
OH Mara!!!

Yummy eye candy!!! Great job on the picture on the lower right. Keep the pics coming! My digital camera sucks and can't seem to do close up shots. Oh well, I guess I'll live vicariously through you!
Oh, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who cleans her 'baby' at least once a day.
9.gif
I give her a bath at night and put her to bed after! LOL

Laurie

optimized

Shiny_Rock
It's about time you got some more pics of your ring up for the world to see! Looks like you're starting to get the hang of it!
1.gif
Cool shots! I agree with Laurie though, we need more!

appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

-Tim

canadianice

Rough_Rock
Wasn't Mara supposed to post pictures of herself, too? I remember Rich asking for that a while ago...

How about one with you AND the ring?????

Very nice!

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Canadianice,

" for our first glimpse of Mara and her beau...

-Tim[/u]

optimized

Shiny_Rock
You know me, I'm compelled to play with pictures (hope you don't mind). Whaddya think of this? It's now right on the edge of "grainy," but I liked the effect...

mara_sharp1.jpg

canadianice

Rough_Rock
Tim -
That "Future of Diamond Cutting" post was hilarious! And it killed two birds with one stone, because I always wanted to see a close-up of Rich.
D'Oh!
(Inside voice, outside voice!)

Mara - very nice... hats.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice Tim..I do like the sharpness even though it looks somewhat more digital. Makes the top left one look better too.
I'm still hoping someone will comment on the negative art one...it reminds me a little of darkfield illumination shots.

BTW when I get to work I will post Tim's lovely artwork on my 'enhanced' hand/ring picture...figured this would be an appropriate thread to put that puppy up!

Canadian...you like the hats eh? Stylish..I know.
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Mara, beautiful ring and you're not that bad either
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
! J/k...

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
BTW, those hats are soooooooooooooooooooooo stylish...
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of my ring ...in my dreams!!
2.gif
Thanks Tim! I had to resize slightly as it was too huggeee for the screen.

Enlarged 1.5x Ring.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
And another picture of Frankenring...
1.gif
Wow! Is that my 50 year upgrade?!
2.gif
Hope my hands still look that good.

Enlarged Ring 2x.jpg

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Nice ring. Very classy--almost Edwardian.
1.gif
Interesting stone, too.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/5/2003 1:36:11 AM Mara wrote:
Lugus asking me what my ring looked like in low light inspired me to go out and snap 80 pictures of my ring tonite in different lighting conditions (it was a slow night!)...and here are some of the winners. I took some pix in the streetlamp outside (yeah that was funny), bathroom, office low lighting etc.

----------------

Thanks Mara, but you never answered the question

1.gif
. Without all those flashes of color and sparkle, do you notice any faint yellow, even a little?

Lugus

Shiny_Rock

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Is it 50 ct or a nice 75 ct???
2.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lugus-Not at all. My ring faces up super white even in near dark conditions. I have a pic at home of my ring in really low bedroom light and it still looks like a little white beacon. The only time I ever see tinges of yellow, and then its such a pronounced yellow that I *know* is is the result of the lighting, is sometimes in a bright yellowish home light with a camera flash and/or similar. It's very rare and its not a tinge of cream but more a yellow hue..so I know it's not the G color in the ring but rather some combo of weird lighting playing off the sparkle.

So sorry to burst your E/F bubble but my G does not ever show me pale tinges of its color that I am sure *is* there somewhere. Though sometimes in really bright sunlight it looks purply blue inside. Cool.

I have often wondered if maybe my G faces up whiter due to the tiny side stones along the band? Could they be reflecting some of their light into my stone pavilion since they are set at a lower level than the ring head? Something to consider. The side stones are G VS.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
So Mara, what's the ct weight??
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
So Mara, what's the ct weight??
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
**Double Post**

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Triple post! Two isn't enough for me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Frankenring? Who knows...its just really darn big!!
10.gif

optimized

Shiny_Rock
I'd estimate the first "enhanced" pic to be about 4 - 4 1/2 carats, and the second to be around 9 - 9 1/2 carats, based on extrapolating the weight from the physical dimensions, accounting for the magnification of the stone. Here's the 4 ct. version up-close...

mara 050 1.5x crop.jpg

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
You didn't burst my E/F bubble at all Mara. I bought my E stone because to me it looked totally white. I'm sure somewhere out there, there is someone who would only accept a D stone, and would ask the same questions of me. And to be honest, I'd probably reply using your words, because I feel the same way about my stone
1.gif

optimized

Shiny_Rock
I think it's kind of accepted that in a well-cut stone anything higher than perhaps an "I" or so will face-up colorless to a casual observer unless there is a "more colorless" point of reference to compare it to. It's good to remember that the first three grades are all considered completely colorless, so in theory G/H are just barely yellow.

Btw Mara,

I like the "negative art" shot. It even got me playing with making a few shots of mine in "negative" form (easy to do to existing pictures with imaging software). None of the ones I tried came out that well though. But, I couldn't stop playing with pics of diamonds. How about this one for taking your "negative art" shot to a new level?

Negative_Art_closeup_10x_ring_PSYCH.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tim I thought you'd get a kick out of the negative art picture--it was very interesting looking. I like your version. It's almost like a 'diamond maze'.
9.gif

optimized

Shiny_Rock
This one of my sweetie's ring came out looking pretty cool.

Btw, I had forgotten how much fun it is to play with images. All this stuff I've been doing on the boards has really gotten me into tinkering with images again. I just ordered a new version of my software (the one I've been using is a couple years old) so who knows what weirdness I'll be producing in the days to come.
1.gif

loupe_psych1.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Those pics are soooooooo cool!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results