shape
carat
color
clarity

More opalescent gems? Yes, please!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
welllllllllllllllllllp, my "no more buying stuff" has failed spectacularly despite having way too many projects in process. Just couldn't help it and purchased this opalescent sapphire from the same vendor as @Cerulean and @pokerface

Vendor videos:

It's the 2nd from the right in this video, the 3rd from right is @Cerulean 's stone

It's the top right in this video (also SOOOOOOOOO tempted by the cushion next to mine on the top in the video below)

Vendor pic below.

153563159_254578259593907_3764183905892379610_n.jpg

and another.
150736054_511228010277465_1888606133986421828_n.jpg

Not quite as opalescent as @Cerulean 's stone, but darn close! I really like it and am excited for it to get here.

Now the question is whether it needs an opalescent friend?

Maybe one of these??
Screenshot 2021-02-24 153528.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 153454.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 153412.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 153259.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 153205.png

or this?

lol I am now just shamelessly obsessed with these :)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful- I love it (obviously haha)

I’m so glad you got it! Of the lineup I think it was the best pick!

Of course I have to ask - did you get deets on the really bright one in the last video? Is it the same as the one next to the pear? And that light pear...ugh! I love that too! Same vendor?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Also I am curious to see how you set it and how you feel about it in person! Honestly it really knocked my socks off IRL

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Yessss...your new stone was clearly the best pick of the new parcels. And YES PLEASE to that (white sapphire?) pear above. I really want to see hand shots - I don't think I've ever seen a stone like that on PS. I think the stone on the right is very pretty, and will end up looking similar to the stone I posted about (and therefore, substantially similar to what you just ordered). For variety's sake, I would go for the blueish one, and especially because that white-blue glow seems to be more rare than the pink. Naturally I have also been on the hunt for one in that shade as well, kicking myself for having missed one on insta a few months ago.
A9D7336E-BDE9-44FF-9788-D8B3A69D9F84.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful- I love it (obviously haha)

I’m so glad you got it! Of the lineup I think it was the best pick!

Of course I have to ask - did you get deets on the really bright one in the last video? Is it the same as the one next to the pear? And that light pear...ugh! I love that too! Same vendor?
the one on the last video is from a different vendor, and is different than the one next to the pear in the last pic. Apparently the one in the last video is a ruby, but I am a bit suspicious about if its filled, bc in that case it should be super cheap.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yessss...your new stone was clearly the best pick of the new parcels. And YES PLEASE to that (white sapphire?) pear above. I really want to see hand shots - I don't think I've ever seen a stone like that on PS. I think the stone on the right is very pretty, and will end up looking similar to the stone I posted about (and therefore, substantially similar to what you just ordered). For variety's sake, I would go for the blueish one, and especially because that white-blue glow seems to be more rare than the pink. Naturally I have also been on the hunt for one in that shade as well, kicking myself for having missed one on insta a few months ago.
A9D7336E-BDE9-44FF-9788-D8B3A69D9F84.jpeg

Omgggg that bluish/ice color is what got me excited about this category of stones in the first place. I should prob buy that pear. But I worry it's not opalescent *enough *. But it's from a north American vendor w a return policy so I should just try and see how it looks IRL

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a neat stone. Love the misty silky glow.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Omgggg that bluish/ice color is what got me excited about this category of stones in the first place. I should prob buy that pear. But I worry it's not opalescent *enough *. But it's from a north American vendor w a return policy so I should just try and see how it looks IRL

The “ruby” is not what I’d pick, esp knowing that is the designation - it’s very pinkish purple. Which is great for a sapphire...

Honestly - that pear is gorgeous. I’d be all over that. It’s such a beautiful, misty color.

If you get it - I wanna know who the vendor is! Haha! I really have no business buying stones with ER vet bills piling up - but a girl can vicariously purchase! Muhaha

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Excited for you, looks like we’ve about cleaned out all the good stones from @Cerulean’s vendor! I second @pokerface’s opinion about going for a bluish one next, but the pear shape—does it have some black inclusion on the side? Can those be covered by a bezel I wonder...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love these so pretty and mysterious at the same time.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I love these gems posted. Do they cost less than their sparkly cousins or the same because they are unique?
This is the closest thing I have which is an actual opal lol.
Screenshot_20210225-193932_eBay.jpg

Definitely less, unless you’re looking at @Sparklemore’s sapphire which has an official opalescent grading on paper. That makes it pretty special and a collector’s gem, not to mention it’s size and lack of inclusions.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently less, often a lot less.
Though I wonder if they become “a thing” prices will rise once everyone jumps on the bandwagon. I mean pinkish orange sapphires have always been around but until until they got a fancy name “Padparadscha“ and Eugene got one prices sky rocketed.

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
These are gorgeous- what vendors are you guys using, would love to start looking for a replacement for my old wedding band as I am upgrading my diamond.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
These are gorgeous- what vendors are you guys using, would love to start looking for a replacement for my old wedding band as I am upgrading my diamond.

This is where @lovedogs and I got our pink stones!

@lovedogs also has a knack for finding them on multicolor!

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
Thanks - I don’t see any store link so assume I would just have to message them. Do you mind sharing ballpark prices you’ve seen?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks - I don’t see any store link so assume I would just have to message them. Do you mind sharing ballpark prices you’ve seen?

Yes you need to message them. The one I bought was $500 including shipping to the USA.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Haven't had time to really read the whole thread yet. But If you have a chance at that bright opaline pear you need to get it. I've never seen a sapphire quite like that! I saw a spinel once that was 'close' but it was years ago. Years.

* oh my my gawd I'll be back later, I need to know! :bigsmile:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't had time to really read the whole thread yet. But If you have a chance at that bright opaline pear you need to get it. I've never seen a sapphire quite like that! I saw a spinel once that was 'close' but it was years ago. Years.

* oh my my gawd I'll be back later, I need to know! :bigsmile:

Someone bought it before I could :( I went to buy it today but it was gone. My own fault for waiting too long.

Someone bought it before I could :( I went to buy it today but it was gone. My own fault for waiting too long.

Oh I'm so sorry! A nicer one will come along and you will be ready!

Btw, thanks to you all, my IG is now flooded witb gorgeous opalescent gems look what just showed up on my feed!

View attachment 817103

Sooo tempting but I just can't right now.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Btw, thanks to you all, my IG is now flooded witb gorgeous opalescent gems look what just showed up on my feed!

ooooooOOoooooOOoooo!!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

View attachment 817103

gooooooddddddd I love this one, but it's too big for me right now.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found a 1.22 friend for the 2.76. Now I seriously need to stop buying these!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow i didn't even know I needed a opalescent gem?! Thanks a lot ladies! one more thing to add to my list haha! but in all seriousness this is gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you do with them!

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Found a 1.22 friend for the 2.76. Now I seriously need to stop buying these!

This is gorgeous! Can’t wait to see what you do. Where is she from, if I may ask.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
welllllllllllllllllllp, my "no more buying stuff" has failed spectacularly despite having way too many projects in process. Just couldn't help it and purchased this opalescent sapphire from the same vendor as @Cerulean and @pokerface

Vendor videos:

It's the 2nd from the right in this video, the 3rd from right is @Cerulean 's stone

It's the top right in this video (also SOOOOOOOOO tempted by the cushion next to mine on the top in the video below)

Vendor pic below.

153563159_254578259593907_3764183905892379610_n.jpg

and another.
150736054_511228010277465_1888606133986421828_n.jpg

Not quite as opalescent as @Cerulean 's stone, but darn close! I really like it and am excited for it to get here.

Now the question is whether it needs an opalescent friend?

Maybe one of these??
Screenshot 2021-02-24 153528.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 153454.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 153412.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 153259.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 153205.png

or this?

lol I am now just shamelessly obsessed with these :)

Im sorry but
Im glad your self restraint failed :lol:
im enjoying looking at everyone's new pretties

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results