shape
carat
color
clarity

More opalescent gems? Yes, please!

joycece

Rough_Rock
The seller said it's ceylon sapphire

From the seller's videos the cleaner stone has no flash I think it's sleepy too but I kinda like the smoky effect. The very cloudy one seems to have some pink orange flash on video.

Price is good for the weight but I will wait. I think I kinda get it now, but if more people post their pictures or seller's pictures, It'll help us newbie learn

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case anyone wants to gamble on diamonds that look milky/silky but may or may not be opalescent IRL.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natural light in my living room. I love when the sun is out so I can play with all my friends 9707256E-C425-4DF7-86A6-1E45CCFC8E0B.jpeg

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Oh boy, I love both of these! I think I recognize the big purply pink one from IG...is the pink oval from the same vendor?

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
I think I may have something here! It was listed as a lavender amethyst, but I think it is lavender quartz instead because it is a little hazy like rose quartz. 20210322_213533.jpg

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
@lovedogs, what happened to the "smoky" blue sapphire from IG? Please share pics!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, what happened to the "smoky" blue sapphire from IG? Please share pics!

They got more "smoky" rough so I told them to wait on sending mine until I could see pics of the new stock and decide if I want to buy more haha.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The question is, should I or shouldn’t I? I love the colour but I’m not 100% sure that it is exactly what I am after. I have until tomorrow to decide.

0EA758C4-32BE-468B-9036-D2BBB6ED7754.jpeg

Do you have any photos of exactly the look/color you're after? For me, this is *exactly * what I've been looking for. The vendor showed this to me and my silly 5am brain wasnt sure it was different enough from the stone I already bought, so I hesitated. Very very silly of me :( but OP: if you show an example of a stone you love then we might be able to help more.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Do you have any photos of exactly the look/color you're after? For me, this is *exactly * what I've been looking for. The vendor showed this to me and my silly 5am brain wasnt sure it was different enough from the stone I already bought, so I hesitated. Very very silly of me :( but OP: if you show an example of a stone you love then we might be able to help more.

@lovedogs i will let you know if I pass on it. It has some gorgeous flashes and I like the cut. What I am after may just not exist in the wild - or be one of a kind. Originally spotted via Caleb Quashen (below) described as a unicorn sapphire. I had high hopes for the horoscope.gems one I got, and while beautiful still not quite it.

BAB24813-6104-44F8-B57B-782BAF3D9826.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs i will let you know if I pass on it. It has some gorgeous flashes and I like the cut. What I am after may just not exist in the wild - or be one of a kind. Originally spotted via Caleb Quashen (below) described as a unicorn sapphire. I had high hopes for the horoscope.gems one I got, and while beautiful still not quite it.

BAB24813-6104-44F8-B57B-782BAF3D9826.jpeg

Yeah, that's definitely a tough one to find. I feel like you might want the look of a truly opalescent diamond, because they have the pastel flashes that the caleb sapphire had. But in sapphire those are soooooo hard to find. This is the color/look I imagine you want (but I could totally be wrong!)

I've been soooooo close to buying that diamond but just wish it were bigger!

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, that's definitely a tough one to find. I feel like you might want the look of a truly opalescent diamond, because they have the pastel flashes that the caleb sapphire had. But in sapphire those are soooooo hard to find. This is the color/look I imagine you want (but I could totally be wrong!)

I've been soooooo close to buying that diamond but just wish it were bigger!

Agree - it is beautiful. But just too small. I am having a sleep on the sapphire as it’s late night where I am, will decide in the morning. It’s a tough one as it is closer in size and cut to what I want than I have seen in a long while.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree - it is beautiful. But just too small. I am having a sleep on the sapphire as it’s late night where I am, will decide in the morning. It’s a tough one as it is closer in size and cut to what I want than I have seen in a long while.

Totally makes sense. If you think it's the closest you've seen and you've been looking a while I would go for it. My usual advice is to never settle, but I think sometimes we like stuff (in CS anyway) that is just so rare that 'as close as possible' is often close enough.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Totally makes sense. If you think it's the closest you've seen and you've been looking a while I would go for it. My usual advice is to never settle, but I think sometimes we like stuff (in CS anyway) that is just so rare that 'as close as possible' is often close enough.

Hope I make your day - I have decided to pass on this occasion. I may live to regret it but I believe the unicorn is out there somewhere. And I should be in no rush as I have 1 CS and 4 non CS projects to finish. Hope she is everything you want her to be.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope I make your day - I have decided to pass on this occasion. I may live to regret it but I believe the unicorn is out there somewhere. And I should be in no rush as I have 1 CS and 4 non CS projects to finish. Hope she is everything you want her to be.

aww thank you!!!

Going to make a toi at moi ring with these 2

Screenshot_20210327-100715_Instagram.jpg

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Does this count as an opalescent zircon?

It looks sleepy, not opalescent. I'm not sure zircons ever exhibit opalescence - though I would have said the same about sapphires a few months ago! It's hard to tell the mm size of the zircon from the picture, but it's probably not a terrible price for the piece.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
It looks sleepy, not opalescent. I'm not sure zircons ever exhibit opalescence - though I would have said the same about sapphires a few months ago! It's hard to tell the mm size of the zircon from the picture, but it's probably not a terrible price for the piece.

Yes, it's hard to draw the line between sleepy and opalescent - with the bluey white sapphires I can see it but with coloured spinels and pink sapphires, I don't necesarily see it. Yes, I think that ring is a good price.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs my wait has paid off in the most unexpected way. Really looking forward to receiving this beauty. She will be set in rose gold.

E7AE196B-A696-4594-AF1B-6CB3030A63F2.jpeg

Omg yayyyy! So happy for you, its beautiful!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone is still interested in a magical opalescent sapphire, caleb quashen has 2 for sale. No clue about price (am afraid to ask bc I CANNOT buy anything right now haha). But someone needs to buy them!

Screenshot_20210603-084007_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210603-083939_Instagram.jpg

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
That hexagonal one has some serious inclusion issues. I am worried it has multiple surface-breaking fractures. The first stone looks more sleepy rather than opalescent. Proceed with caution!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That hexagonal one has some serious inclusion issues. I am worried it has multiple surface-breaking fractures. The first stone looks more sleepy rather than opalescent. Proceed with caution!

I would certainly ask for videos and info about inclusions, but still think they are lovely

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results