shape
carat
color
clarity

More insurance information

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

Just wanted to add to the insurance posts, in case some are interested.

I finally decided to get the rock insured, since I am going to have it re-set soon and didn't want any surprise chips, cracks, etc. to ruin my day
nono.gif

I called a few Chubb agents, and they ALL wanted to sell me homeowners insurance first! I finally got frustrated, called the corporation direct, and was told to call their Blue Nile insurance (division?). At first I thought they meant as in bluenile.com, but I figured it out after asking a few questions.

Meanwhile, I had a call in to my Farmer's home insurance agent, who called me back first. I was very surprised that the insurance would be so reasonable, especially after I had heard that the Chubb unsurance might be about $400 or more per year in California. He quoted me $220 per year with a $500 deductible (1.90, F, VS2, plus setting, 20K replacement).

One thing that he stressed that was kind of funny. If I do 'chip' the stone, my best bet is to lose it! They cover lost or stolen stones. So...I guess worst case scenario, I bend a prong and 'lose' it. Seems like a darn shame, if you ask me. You would think that they would want to recoup some of their insurance claim by having it re-cut and selling it.

Anyway, I thought my experience might be helpful to others out there.
10.gif

If I hear back from the Blue Nile division, I'll check their story and post it.

ps: Farmer's would just send me a check for the full amount - I could get a replacement stone from anyone I choose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results