shape
carat
color
clarity

More informed, second stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prjksfsh

Rough_Rock
Thanks to the Cut Nut I did not purchase a stone that would have proved dull and plain because of cut parameters.
wink2.gif
I owe him thanks!

My girl friend wants an oval ring and it is proving difficult to buy on line but I am about to purchase the following stone and would like anyone''s advice. I have seven days to return it no questions asked. It is an internet site based 30 minutes from my home so I feel good about the one week return policy.

Certificate: EGL
Shape: OVAL
Carat: 1.14
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 57.9
Table: 55
Crown: 15
Pavillion: 38.1
Gridle: Thin to Medium
Cutlet: None
Flour.: None
L/W: 1.38
Measurements: 8.18x6.07x3.52
Polish: Good
Sym: Good
Price: 3220

My only concern is that it might be a tad too shallow (the last stone I was considering had a depth of 54.7
sick.gif
) and I had really wanted a stone around 59% in depth. I do not know if 1.1% will make a noticeable difference.
Because of the great resources on this site I believe I might have become too picky/paranoid
tongue.gif

Thanks again Cut Nut and all who particpate in this forum!
appl.gif

jetcaptain

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/12/2003 12
6.gif
9:35 AM prjksfsh wrote:

Thanks to the Cut Nut I did not purchase a stone that would have proved dull and plain because of cut parameters.
wink2.gif
I owe him thanks!

My girl friend wants an oval ring and it is proving difficult to buy on line but I am about to purchase the following stone and would like anyone's advice. I have seven days to return it no questions asked. It is an internet site based 30 minutes from my home so I feel good about the one week return policy.

Certificate: EGL
Shape: OVAL
Carat: 1.14
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 57.9
Table: 55
Crown: 15
Pavillion: 38.1
Gridle: Thin to Medium
Cutlet: None
Flour.: None
L/W: 1.38
Measurements: 8.18x6.07x3.52
Polish: Good
Sym: Good
Price: 3220

My only concern is that it might be a tad too shallow (the last stone I was considering had a depth of 54.7
sick.gif
) and I had really wanted a stone around 59% in depth. I do not know if 1.1% will make a noticeable difference.
Because of the great resources on this site I believe I might have become too picky/paranoid
tongue.gif

Thanks again Cut Nut and all who particpate in this forum!
appl.gif

----------------

I recently purchased an oval. As the experts have said concerning fancies, the guidelines are a good start, but nothing will ever take the place of seeing a stone in person and comparing it to other possibilities. Sometimes ovals that should look great based on their stats, don't look so great. The opposite is also true. In my opinion, the stone you have found certainly has the potential for being a nice one, and is probably worth taking a look (especially if you can drive 30 minutes and see it without doing the purchase/return option).

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
DEFINITELY drive 30 minutes and see the stone in person!!! The diamond could be very nice... The numbers are pretty good, except the pavilion, which I think it's a bit shallow (usually I prefer 40% or more). I think it's worth a look, just make sure that EGL's grades are accurate...

Giangi
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results