carat
color
clarity

More Fun Things on Etsy

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Lori,
That spider gem is cool. Is that tourmaline needles inside a quartz stone? I saw some bangles cut from that type of stone at the market, I am not familiar with it. Best regards, Lee

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Lee Little|1301202861|2880982 said:
Hi Lori,
That spider gem is cool. Is that tourmaline needles inside a quartz stone? I saw some bangles cut from that type of stone at the market, I am not familiar with it. Best regards, Lee

Hi Lee!

The stone is described as rutilated quartz. I'm not sure what the needles are made of, but they are natural and the spider has been carved into the stone. It is really cool looking.

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Any new updates???

Lori

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure where else to post this, but I just have to rave about these custom stacking rings I just had made by a seller on Etsy. I had a small princess cut diamond earring that my mom gave me. She'd lost the matching one years ago and told me to reset it into something for myself. I decided it would look best in a ring, but I couldn't find a design I liked until I stumbled across the seller Little Silver Memories on Etsy who made this adorable sterling silver ring with a yellow princess cut diamond: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/45441280

I contacted him and asked him if he could melt down some old gold I had to make me a similar ring with my mom's diamond. He said sure! I also had a small mine cut diamond (from an old ring I'd replaced the stone with and sold) and sent it to him as well. It took a few months for me to get them (the postal service took forever to get them here) but they turned out really well. The seller was great to talk to, very friendly and nice. I highly recommend him for custom orders and hope I can have something made by him again in the future.

Here's a link to the finished listing and also a link to his shop:
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/48790630
http://www.etsy.com/shop/littlesilvermemories?ref=seller_info

I'm also attaching a pic of the rings on my hand. They look so much more adorable IRL. I can't wait to show my mom! A little more story on the princess diamond, my mom told me that my grandma had bought the earrings for her during a trip to Belgium, Germany as a souvenir for her (while she was pregnant with me-but I think she stayed in the US) and that they were VVS clarity. I plan to wear them on my right hand but took the photo with them on my left.

stacking rings 002.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those little diamond stackers are adorable! I have some little marquise shape stone...wonder what he could do with them?

MieleMelograno

Rough_Rock
a few posts back smoke and diamonds asked if silver has gone up...
it made a huge jump
http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_charts/yearly_graphs.plx

it started when the sub-prime mortgage packages tanked ...

anyway, It's not done going up and "down" but it won't go back to under $20 anytime soon.

by the way I love etsy!!!!!
Illuminated Perfume is one of my favorite shops! I got a sample packet of her solid perfumes for mothers day. Love them!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
no new jewelery related etsy purchases, but I have been going a lil nuts with clothes & accessories!

I just love this swimsuit which I ordered for an upcoming holiday - awesome seller, and easily the most flattering swimsuit I've owned - really well made.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FablesbyBarrie?ref=pr_shop

and my new fave accessories are from Thief & Bandit - I have a bunch of their cuffs and headbands, and a great tee that I live in.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/thiefandbandit

The rest are mainly vintage items, including some fab shoes...when I find a really good vintage seller, I tend to like to keep those ones under my hat :bigsmile: ;))

perennial.jpg

perennial 2.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aj that swimsuit is absolutely adorable!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW AJ!!!!

Lori

dentymarisol

Rough_Rock
so cute
dot.png

Supers

Shiny_Rock
arjunajane|1307365559|2938846 said:
I just love this swimsuit which I ordered for an upcoming holiday - awesome seller, and easily the most flattering swimsuit I've owned - really well made.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FablesbyBarrie?ref=pr_shop

Oh AJ - I've had one of their swimsuits in my favourites for ages, but had not bought as I was unsure how the fit would be.
Good to hear a positive report.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Any new finds????

Lori

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelerJim on Etsy made this Argentium cuff bracelet for me before the holiday. I supplied the 9.3mm green tourm and pail of 4.2mm round spinels. He doesn't post custom request on his sold page. I submitted a customer request via esty convos. He has wonderful craftsmanship, is very patient (sent him bucket loads of email questions), very reasonably prices. It was a great experience!

http://www.etsy.com/people/JewelerJim

bangle1.jpg

bracea5.jpg

dbracelet3.jpg

dbracelet4.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I love these...I'm going to check out his shop!

Lori

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! They have some great stuff on their site! Some nice rings!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Any updates on the bangles?

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping this thread was still alive!
I'm happy to see everyone is still happily posting their wonderful etsy buys.

I confess, I went on somewhat of an etsy spree recently - I just keep finding things that are wonderful and can't help it!! :rodent:
Much of it is clothing, home wares, accessories, vintage shoes (Lots of new shoes :cheeky: ),and beautiful hand-made vintage inspired dresses that are made to order and fit like a dream, are just some new purchases :appl:

But I also have some jewellery items and accessories in there that are more befitting of this thread..

First up, yesterday I received this gorgeous locket pendant from a wonderful lil store called Verabel & Fox

it is up-scaled from a vintage locket, with original artwork and 16k gold plating - I know its a lil bit exxy for etsy ( ;)) ) but I also know I will wear this a lot, and think I will purchase another ::)

I have some cuffs and bracelets on the way from different stores, so I'll add those once they're received.

I was so chuffed when I found these Ralph Lauren vintage linen loafers in pristine condition, I just must brag if I may! They've arrived and are *such* a fantastic fit, its like they were custom made.. For what I paid, I couldn't be happier - its difficult to find shoes made to this quality without spending hundreds at retail, and they literally go with everything :D

I do have a query though - does anyone know what to use on linen shoes to protect them from marks, stains etc as you would with suede?
I've never had a pair before that I cared to look after properly, really..

And if anyone would like a gorgeous bespoke dress made for under $50 in a 1940's - 50's style prints and cuts, I'll happily share that store - the woman is an absolute doll, super fast, and the dresses are just awesome.
Here is a pic of some models wearing her dresses, to give an idea of the style she makes - so darling !

Cheers for looking!
AJ

colour study locket verabel & fox.jpg

JL dresses.jpg

RL oxfords.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
arjunajane|1315437501|3012094 said:
I was hoping this thread was still alive!
I'm happy to see everyone is still happily posting their wonderful etsy buys.

And if anyone would like a gorgeous bespoke dress made for under $50 in a 1940's - 50's style prints and cuts, I'll happily share that store - the woman is an absolute doll, super fast, and the dresses are just awesome.
Here is a pic of some models wearing her dresses, to give an idea of the style she makes - so darling !

Cheers for looking!
AJ

Hi AJ -- Such great etsy finds! Would you share the name of the bespoke dress store? I've just had two dresses made locally and want to find a new source.

Thank you!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yes PLEASE share the dress maker! Those are adorable and I really need more casual cute dresses!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Of course girls!

It is Jennifer Lily designs..she is wonderful to work with, and has had both my orders in the mail within 2 days - super quick and ever so friendly to deal with, she is a perfect example of why I love etsy.
I have a larger bust, so it sucks for me shopping for dresses as I will be a size med everywhere else, but need to buy the lge and have it altered so as to fit my bust properly :(sad
It was so delightful to receive my first dress from Jen and it fit everywhere perfectly..plus they are ultra flattering styles for someone with a few more curves, imo.

here's the link
jennifer lily designs, etsy store

These are the two I have purchased so far, and plan to order more in future:

Enjoy, and pls tell her I say hi! (I have the same user name on etsy) ::)

black dress 1.jpg

vintage dress.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1315508095|3012868 said:
Yes PLEASE share the dress maker! Those are adorable and I really need more casual cute dresses!

Agreed - I'd love to see some of those dresses!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I also loved the green hat one of the models is wearing. So cute!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Are these rings not diviiiiiine? If I wore yellow gold, I would be all over these!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

il_570xN_261098365.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I know I have often carried on about Necklush in this thread - well, they now make bracelet cuffs too, which makes me a very happy girl!!

I ordered 3 straight off the bat, and they arrived this week..they are really well made, in fact impressively so..It is clear that Troy & Stephano put a lot of thought and time into the design and into finding high quality fittings for the cuffs.

There are many bracelet designs that I really like on etsy, and I won't name names,however often their findings or the finishing lets the product down :(sad Fortunately, no such issues with the 'lushlets' ::)

I love mine and will undoubtedly be ordering new colour ways in future, as I hardly ever like to go out naked-wristed; I love fabric cuffs to mix with my beads, wraps and other bracelets (but No Bangles! lol)

link: necklush shop
etsy shop

my 3 selections:

DSC09189.jpg

DSC09194.jpg

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss|1315792071|3015492 said:
Are these rings not diviiiiiine? If I wore yellow gold, I would be all over these!!!!

I love these rose rings too. I have actually purchased a couple items from this Etsy seller and she is truly one of the best out there. Her hand sculpted roses are really beautiful and her jewelry is definitely high quality. :love:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple of Jenny's pieces, too, and she's amazing. Both of my rings are in sterling silver and are custom designs.

Lori

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Bliss|1315792071|3015492 said:

Can you link to the etsy shop?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
loriken214|1320364207|3053529 said:
www.jennykim.org

This is Jenny's website and it has a link to her Etsy page.

Lori

Thanks for doing that, Lori! Didn't see this until today - sorry, Sarah! :love:
Glad to hear you enjoyed working with her! I love her work!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results